Tuesday, May 26, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & FORTY FOUR..

Good Morning.
.
Time is so precious-do not waste it, living for thyself alone. Live for others...
.
.The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal...
.
Check on my visitors list over in the side panel. It is getting interesting.
.
.Note: Our Cams # 1 is looking at the Garden today, # 2 will be out this morning for srveice. I hope to be back on soon with a much better view.
'
The Cam to the
Eagle Web Cam is also in service, I had several chances to look at them yesterday. They are acting like that they want to be out of that nest.
.
I am sure that we all are in need of that tea or coffee. No doubt about me. I will have plenty of both ready in about 5 minuets. We can't visit while we wait.
.
Now our weather remains about the same. Begining the day at 3 A.M. with a 65. Tempeatures around 80 today. A few showers and thunder storms promised in the evening.
.

Posted on 25 May 2009 by tomatocasual.com
.
Reader Questions: Problems With Yellow Leaves on Tomatoes
.
By Vanessa Richins
..
As tomato season gets into full swing, problems start to crop up.
This week we have 2 questions dealing with yellow leaves.

.
“Hi, I planted my tomatoes & tomatillo’s about two weeks ago. I added compost and coffee grounds when I dug the holes. I have given them deep water a few times and it also rained a bit.
They plants were really healthy and I can’t see any evidence of bugs. I did get all the plants accept for one at the same nursery. I am worried they may have something I can’t fix, and need to know what it is in case I need new plants. Thanks.”

.
Hi Kerrie. First, it would be good to
Read the rest of this entry »
..
Related Posts

.
TC Flashback: Tomato Blight and Diagnoising Tomato Problems
Reader Question: Black Edges on Tomato Leaves?
Understanding Yellow Tomato Leaves

Email This Post
.
To view a picture of the yellow leaves that the reader is talking about go here http://www.tomatocasual.com/..... DAD.
.
I love holiday's that give us a little time off to settle down and get our thoughts going in the right direction. But this last one was just a little long for me. I am glad that it is over. Now we can get back doing the things that we love too do. I miss hearing from you during the holidays. So welcome back to Dad's Tomato Garden.
.
Early in the month of June Mary and I are planing on a little trip that we have wanted to do for a long time. We are going to visit Kelly down in N. Georgia. I am sure that many of you know Kelly. She is the one that writes this blog below showing us some very beautiful chickens. We know that we are going to enjoy this visit and we hope to bring back some good pictures and we might even talk Kelly into making a Video that we could show you.
.
The Chicken Chronicles...Again
.
We would like to vist more of you but we do not know right now if that will be possible. Why don't some of you visit us this summer when you are visiting the smokies. We will let you taste some of the best maters that you haver tasted. DAD.
.
Her is my thought for today.

.
" Brethern, I count not myself to have apprehended; but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before."
.
This is taken from Philippians chapter 3 verse 13, words of Paul. This chapter is our bible study for this wednesday, Dad.

.
I feel like that it is time for me to stop, I have said enough. And also my coffe cup is empty and I am going to have to get another cup. When Mary is here in the office she does that for me, but she has not come in yet this morning.
.
I do want too come back in the morning. And I will if I am able to get here. I hope that all goes well for all of you today. Smile and be Happy if that is possible today, Things are going to be better than we think for this day. You just wait and see.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
white6415r@aol.com
.
865-850-6763. Cell phone.
.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved
.


7 comments:

Hollie said...

Good Morning Dad,
I hope you are feeling well. Thanks for the coffee. I'm looking forward to meeting you & Mary very soon. We're supposed to have more thunderstorms also.

have a good day:)

Becky said...

Morning, Dad... I have been remiss in making comments the last few days. That sure is tempting to think about seeing you and Mary and the Smokies and tasting some of your tomatoes... probably won't be possible, but sounds wonderful anyway.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So glad you are feeling better. The holiday weekend wasn't long enough for me as I was doing what I love and now I'm back at work. It's so hard to get back in the work mode today. Your visit with Kelly sounds wonderful. I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures for sure.

Kelly said...

Good morning, almost afternoon Dad :) I am recovering from the weekend myself, and even though it was nice, having seen a lot of my family, I am a little worn down and I am taking it easy today. Thanks for that coffee, I sure do need it. We have rain in our forecast for today and tomorrow. They promise sun for this weekend, I hope they are right. I loved your roses on yesterdays post, they are stunning! I am so excited about our visit, and its going to be so nice to have Hollie and her family there also! :) I hope you and Mary have a good day today and I will see you tomorrow morning. Love, Kelly

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Glad you are feeling better today, Dad; your plants look fantastic -- not a yellow leaf in sight -- and I can see a rose on the little beauty's memorial :). Those eaglets are restless, all right! Your planned trip sounds great -- I miss chickens, and I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun visiting with Kelly and her flock. Have a wonderful rest of the day/evening! Love and hugs from Jamaka and fams

Sheila said...

Good morning Dad and Mary. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Can't wait to see those tomatoes growing on the vine...take care, Sheila

Carlene Noggle said...

Hi Dad,
Hope today was a nice one for you. We are still having rain...it has rained for about 5 days now. I am beginning to worry if my tomatoes are getting too much water since they are in containers!I saw a humming bird today at my feeder!
Take care and God bless,
love ya,
carlene