Thursday, May 28, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & FORTY SIX

Good Morning.
.
Time is so precious-do not waste it, living for thyself alone. Live for others..
.
The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal..
.
I am always glad to see the light of another day. I some times think of the words of a hymn that says " New each morning are His mercies, and his faithfulness so great." We all should be so thankful for that.
.
Our weather here is still warm and wet. Wednesday afternoon we had a thunderstorm and almost 1/2 inch of rain fell in just a few minuets. We are begining this day with a tempeature of 61 and guess what, more thunder storms in the afternoon. This does not worry me as I have my tomato garden in good shape, I am just waiting for a tomato sandwich.
.
I think thar I smell coffee, come on and we will try it out. And I am sure that the tea is ready. These little coffee and tea times are so nice. Why don't more of you stop in ?
.
Here is the link to a blog that my great grand daughter Mandy writes. I love her and am proud of her.It Ain't Easy Bein' Green

.
While we have the chance we had better go up to the Eagle Web Cam I feel like that chance will soon be over.( just a guess ) I saw them several times yesterday. They looked good just bored. Dad.
.
We are also proud of our tomato garden this year. It is begining to look like that we are going to have plenty of tomatoes from those 45 plants that you can view on both of my cams # 1 and #2. Be sure and use the slide show.
.
Dad's Tomato Garden Photo Album 2008
.
This one above is of last years crop and the one below of how we are doing this year. It is interesting to compare the two years.
.
Dad's Tomato Garden 2009 .
.
'
Here below are four good links.
.
American Profile Magazine
.
ARTIC WEB CAM
.

.Audio Bible
.
BrushStrokes.
.
Here is my thoughts for this Thursday morning.

'' I want a soul so full of joy-----Life's withering storms cannot destroy."

and this---

" People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges."
.
Both of these thoughts from Apples of Gold.
.
I had better leave if I don't I can't come back. And I do want to see you in the morning. I will have tea and coffee ready early and I hope that I will be able to serve it with a smile. Try to be content with your lot today. It is what God has given you and he knows best.
.
Thanks to all of you that have took the time to send me a comment, I do appreciate it. DAD
.

BYE BYE DAD
.
white6416r@aol.com
.
865-850-6763
.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

6 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Dad, what is the black soil around each tomato plant? I have been adding a few handfuls of composted manure around each of my plant.

Becky said...

"I had better leave, if I don't I can't come back." Ha ha ha ha ha!! I love that, Dad, I'm going to remember that one. And I always want to come back.

Haven't been able to see the eagles the last few times I've checked. Like right now it's 4:30 in the morning in California, but 7:30 where the eagles are... should be plenty light by now... I wonder if they turn the camera off at certain times.

Maybe the eagles just haven't had their coffee yet.

Your tomatoes look like they are off to a great start! Rain plus sunshine is a good combination, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hey Ray, I'm waiting on a tomatoe sandwich as well/lol Hope this finds you & Mary doing well.I think those eagles are about ready to fly the cope, as they say. My new cell # is 540-305-7027. Give everyone my regards. I'll drop in again tomorrow. I take my coffee black, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Almost forgot to mention, I think upon those words to that song most often. Grateful for the privilege in serving the living god of all, What a joy! Love to all, once again.

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:
It looks beautiful at your house today and I love seeing those special roses ;). Your Thoughts For The Day are to be remembered, definitely; and your granddaughter Mandy's post is about something we can all use! The coffee is wonderful, thanks -- it makes me SMILE! and those eaglets all look like they want to take off. Have a wonderful afternoon/evening...love from Jamaka and fams

Hollie said...

Hey there once again Dad,
I'm behind because I have been scheduled to work the last two days. I'm really off to bed this time. I hope to see you in the early am....already looking forward to that coffee.

Hugs :)