Saturday, May 9, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & THIRTY.

Good Morning.
.
( Dad is wishing a Happy Mothers Day to all of you Mothers all around this world.)
May 10th 2009. 5:30 A.M.

.
Time is so precious-do not waste it...

"I've learned that keeping a Tomato garden is worth a medicine cabinet full of pills."

" The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal.
..
Tomorrow is Mothers Day, I am sure that we all will be thinking about our Mothers, I don't feel able to say what I would like to say about Mothers and all that they have meant to us all. So I have asked Mary to write her thoughts here when she comes in later this morning.

Here is a poem that Mom used to enjoy and it means very much to me now. Hope you enjoy it, too. Love, Mary

M - O - T - H - E - R

"M" is for the million things she gave me,
"O" means only that she's growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of purest gold;"
E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
"R" means right, and right she'll always be,
Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER,"
A word that means the world to me.
By Howard Johnson (c. 1915)
'

Here below is something that I enjoyed looking at this morning.
.
American Profile Magazine
.

Are you happy that this is Saturday and many of us are going to get to sleep a little longer, I am sure that we all need it, so let's take advantage of it. I will have fresh coffee and tea any time that you can stop in today.
.
The weather is still warm, starting off this Saturday morning at 72, and the high will be 78. We are still having thunderstorms and they are expected again this afternoon.
.
Here is the link that will take you to Dad's Tomato Garden 2009----This is the album that will keep you in touch with the progress of the tomatoes all season, until we have ripe tomatoes. Be sure and use the slideshow. This link will be in the side panel after today. We will be posting more pictures there over the weekend.
.
This link Dad's Tomato Garden Photo Album will take you to the year 2008 tomato crop, this gives you a opportunity to compare the two years. I have already looked at it, it is going to be hard too beat that year.
.
.
Always remember the power words can have.
("Death and life are in the power of the tongue...") - Proverbs 18:21)
This above is a short thought that someone sent me the other day.
.

I missed the eagles most of the day yesterday, the last time that I saw them they looked wet and very uncomfortable. I know that all this weather is hard on them. They have become so large that they cannot get under their mothers wings . Sam has ask me , when will they fly away? That is something that I do not know right now Sam, but I am going to try and find out today. It will be a little while before we can see them here in this time zone, but the sun will soon be coming up, when it does here is the way too get up to the nest, Eagle Web Cam
.
This below is very interesting today, Thanks Reggie for all that you sends us. Dad.

.
Tomato Casual
..
Here is my thought for the weekend.




" To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart."

This is from Apples of Gold.

.

This is enough for today, I might see you again on Monday morning, if it is possible .Smile if you want to be of a little help in cheering someone up today, it might be me.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.


2 comments:

Cindi said...

Good morning dad...
Yep those eaglets are getting bigger by the minute amazing...thx for sharing, my husband enjoys looking at them every morning..tell Mary Happy Mothers day weekend for me
xoxox

jmuhj said...

Good evening, Dad and Ms. Mary:

That is a wonderful post about mothers, and I'm thinking about mine, of course. I'm going to visit my folks tomorrow and take my mom some flowers. I wish she was still here to SMILE and I'd bring her a big fancy flower arrangement like she liked. But my friend and I will have a good visit and enjoy lunch/dinner in memory of my folks and his, for Mother's Day.

The EagleCam is still down, unfortunately, and I see that it's night in Knoxville. May it be a peaceful and serene one, and may you both have a good day tomorrow. Love and hugs from Jamaka and fams