Tuesday, January 25, 2011

TUESDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED SIX

" Give of your best to the Master."

Good Morning.

I am very sad this morning as I begin writing this tuesday morning journal. Joan was so nice to let us see an email that she received from her daughter Sara that explains things that I could never do, I do want to thank both Sara and her Mon Joan for this.

Date: Mon, Jan 24, 2011 6:42 am

Subject: MistyTo: joanputnick@aol.com

,
We brought Misty to the ER last night. She had stopped breathing twice, basically died in our arms, but then came back. Obviously, she was battling to stay alive, but in distress.

The doctor told us that Misty was in congestive heart failure, and she probably wouldn't make it through the night. We had hoped to have her euthanized at our vet in the morning, but we couldn't watch her struggle to breath anymore. Can't tell you how relieved we were when she was finally at rest. It seemed to come on so fast, but the doctor said that dogs have a very good way of compensating, and she had probably been having problems for some time. She assured us we were doing the right thing, especially given her bladder cancer. Misty was fighting too many battles.

I know how much you loved her. She loved you too.

Sara

© 2011 all rights reserved ... Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. Com.

This is a great shock to me, we knew that misty was very sick but it was still a surpris to Dad.

I always go to Sara's Dog Training blog to see how all is going there, this morning I must say Sara , Oreo and the sweet memories of Misty, I will never forget her . Her smile meant a lot to me. Sara I have a picture of the two Misty and Oreo sitting on my desk. DAD.

My nephew Frank sent this to me and I had to share it. It's been a tears day....first news of Misty and now this lovely story. View below. Joan.

http://www.zenmoments.org/the-cab-ride-ill-never-forget/!

Use the back up button at the top of the page on left so you can continue. Dad

Here’s another interesting email I received about some deer that went for a boat ride…

I’ve heard of salmon jumping into boats but... Four young Sitka black-tailed bucks fell upon good luck Sunday as they were pulled from the icy waters of Stephens Passage, Alaska by a group of locals on Tom Satre's 62-foot charter vessel. Four juvenile Sitka black-tailed deer swam directly toward the boat.


the boatOnce the deer reached the boat, the four began to circle the boat, looking directly at the humans on board. Clearly, the bucks were distressed. With help, the typically skittish and absolutely wild animals came willingly onto the boat. Once onboard, they collapsed with exhaustion, shivering.

shiveringHere the rescued bucks rest on the back of Tom Satre's boat, the Alaska Quest. All four deer were transported to Taku Harbor. Once the group reached the dock, the first buck that had been pulled from the water hopped onto the dock, looked back, then leapt into the harbor, swam to shore, and disappeared into the forest. After a bit of prodding and assistance from the humans, two others followed suit, but one deer needed more help.

more helpHere he is being transported by Tom Satre.

SatreTom, Anna and Tim Satre help the last of the "button" bucks to its feet. They did not know how long the deer had been in the icy waters or if there had been others who did not survive. The good Samaritans (humans) describe their experience as "one of those defining moments in life." I’m sure it was for the deer as well.


WHAT'S NEW AT MY HOUSE
Wishing For My Turn

.
RECORD RELICS I think that you will like this link , click and view. Dad.

Ecobirder
Glen in Australia
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
It Ain't Easy Bein' Green

LEARN BIRD SONGS
Let's Live and Learn Together
Sara's Dog Training
Shooting My Universe

Jennifer White's Blog
John White's Blog # 1
John White's Blog # 2
,
Starbucks Coffee
Tennessee Granddaddy
Tomato Casual
Weather

© 2011 all rights reserved ... Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. Com.

Today.. 1/25/11
Afternoon showers. High 8C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.
Cloudy skies with a few showers later in the day. High 47F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40.

It is time aaaagain for me to go, but as usual I will not be far from home today. The weather is warmer 41 at 3 a. m. and the wildlife Habitat is calling for me. If you need me my email is white6416r@aol.com. I plan on seeing you in the morning.

BYE BYE DAD

© 2011 all rights reserved ... Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. Com.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Reading the news here, and then reading Sara's blog, my eyes are filled with tears. My heart goes out to Sara and her family, to Oreo, and to you, Dad, because I know how much you loved her. There must be a special place in heaven for dogs that sweet, and I just know that she was welcomed with open arms and abundant love.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is even a little warmer here today at 33 degrees this morning I'm thankful for even that little bit of warmth. Sara and her family will be in my prayers too. I do hope your Tuesday is a terrific one!

Sara said...

DAD,
Thank you for loving Misty. It really means the world to me to know that she was loved by so many.

~Sara

Anonymous said...

Good morning DAD...

Tears in my eyes and then a smile on my face..death of a special dog , kindness from a stranger, and lives saved. Life is precious and friends near and far are what makes it precious. Thanks for being such a special friend to my family. ...Sara's mom

madcobug said...

I too was so sad to read Sara's news yesterday.
Misty was greatly loved and will be missed so much. I feel for Sara, Jeff and Oreo.You and I do know the heartache of loosing a beloved pet. Helen

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince Charming:

Very sorry for your grieving, Dad, and hope you are soon SMILING again. That is a beautiful story about the cab driver -- I shared it to my social networking pages -- and especially wonderful photos and story about the deer. Aren't they beautiful!

Wishing you all a cozy and warm evening, and hoping Prince will purr and curl up with you to bring you some cheer. There is no one more loving and loyal than a CAT. Love, Jamaka and fams<3