Good Morning.
.
( I would like to reccomend this beautiful view of the Smokies for this weekend, notice the leaves are begining to change. Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam I am writing this at 4 a.m. Sunday morning. I will see you Monday morning, DAD. )
.
" Time is so precious-do not waste it ".
.
.." Begin the day with God".
.
I see a lot of big smiles out there this morning, I wonder if it is because this is Saturday ? If you are one of the lucky ones I wan't you to crawl right back in that bed and get some much needed rest. Don't worry about the tea or coffee, I will make some fresh when you wake up. DAD.
.
I enjoyed reading this below, it caused me to have some serious thoughts.
.
Sometimes We wonder, "What did I do to deserve This?" or "Why did God have to do This to me?"
.
Here is a Wonderful explanation! A daughter Is telling her mother how everything is going wrong: She's Failing algebra. Her Boyfriend broke up with her. AND her Best friend is moving away.
Meanwhile, Her Mother is baking a cake and asks her daughterIf she would like a Snack, and the daughter says,"Absolutely, Mom, I love your Cake."
.
"Here, Have some cooking oil," her Mother offers. "Yuck," Says her daughter. "How about A couple raw eggs?" "Gross, Mom!" "Would you Like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?" "Mom, Those are all yucky!"
.
To which The mother replies:"Yes, all those things seem bad by Themselves. But when They are put together in the right way,They make a wonderfully delicious Cake!
.
God Works The Same Way. Many times We wonder why He would let us go through such bad and difficult Times. But God Knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work For good! We just Have to trust Him and, eventually,They will all make something Wonderful! God Loves you. He sends You flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning.
.
Whenever You want to talk, He'll listen. GOD can Live anywhere in the universe and He chose your heart. If you Like this, send this on to the people you really care about. I Did.
.
This above was sent to me by Sue Rilmich.
.
I have a beautiful picture sitting on my desk, it makes me smile in the early morning as I try to write my journal. It is a picture of two friends of mine, Misty and Oreo. I have had this picture for a few weeks but just got it in a beautiful frame yesterday. I will show it to you soon.
.
I am forgetting to tell you about Sara, she is the owner and trainer of these two Shelties, and what a good job she is doing. I don't see how she dose so much, and as you may know she is a school teacher.When you get ready to go to Sara,
's blog all you need to do is click on this Sara's Dog Training DAD
.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytedC1heY_8&feature=player_embedded
<>We need to thank Helen for the above.
.
A nurse on the pediatric ward, before listening to the little ones' chests, would plug the stethoscope into their ears and let them listen to their own heart. Their eyes would always light up with awe, but she never got a response equal to four-year old David's comment. Gently she tucked the stethoscope into his ears and placed the disk over his heart... 'Listen', she said...'What do you suppose that is?' He drew his eyebrows together in a puzzled line and looked up as if lost in the mystery of the strange tap - tap - tapping deep in his chest.. Then his face broke out in a wondrous grin and he asked,
'Is that Jesus knocking?'
.********************************************************************
The weather looks good for the wekend. I am going to let AOL tell you about it.
.
Today..10/03/09.
.
Mainly sunny. High 74F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.
.
Posted on 02 October 2009 .
by tomatocasual.com
Huge Tomatoes
Tags: big, giant, huge
.
By Vanessa Richins.
.
As I was paging through Google News today, I learned that a 4 pound 9 ounce tomato grown by Harold Politano had recently won the Great Long Island Tomato Challenge.
My mind boggled for a minute as I tried to imagine holding such a beauty.
Jessica Damiano from Newsday.com interviewed Politano and found out how he produced his hefty prize-winning tomato. “His secret? “You have to concentrate on getting all the juice into that one big flower that comes out,” he divulged. “Everything else is sacrificed: You cut off all the other flowers and keep only one stem, cutting away all the smaller stems.”
I have heard of other Read the rest of this entry »
.
Related Posts
Tomato Industry News
The 4-Hour Work Week for the Tomato Gardener - Part 5
Tomato Giants
.
Email This Post
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1.
.
.DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2 .
.
.DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3 .
.
.All three of Dad's outdoor cams are working. We hope to have sound on # 3 very soon you will be able to hear what you are seeing. Try them out. If you are having any trouble viewing them I would appreciate hearing from you. Just email me at white6416r@aol.com I will do my best to help you. DAD.
.
I must stop this rambling around and get quitened down for Sunday. This day is the most important day of the week for Mary and I. I do not write a blog on Sunday but I hope to see you Monday morning if my life is spared. I am thankful to God for letting me stay here these 96 years, sometimes I wonder why.
.
BYE BYE DAD..
.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved
14 years ago

7 comments:
Good morning! I hope you have a blessed day! I just saw my husband off to work. I have a day planned to do housework and going to go get some Mums to pretty up my front yard a bit. I hope you and Mary have a blessed day!
Good morning Dad. The dogs and I slept in a little longer on this Saturday morning. Easy to do, now that fall is here.
I love the video Helen shared, what a sweet pair. The dog resembled Helen's little dogs, Patches & Daisy.
Have a good weekend :)
Good morning DAD..
Thanks for starting my day with a good cup of strong coffee and a few good stories as well.. one made me chuckle and the other made me SMILE. The dog video that Helen shared was so precious, especially the end.
The 4 lb 9 oz tomato looks larger than the pumpkins I have on my doorstep. It may take the prize for weight but your small green ones take the prize for taste...especially when coated with corn flour and fried crisply. I already miss the taste of summer tomatoes. With fall here, the market is filled with all sorts of squash. I think tonight's dinner will be spaghetti squash.
Enjoy the day. ...Sara's Mom
Good Morning Dad! I hope all is well with you on this beautiful Autumn day...the weather is perfect here. I plan on going to an art festival; wish you were here to go with us!
Take care of yourself and I will talk to you soon!
I love you,
Vicki in Birmingham
Good morning Dad and Mary. It's a beautiful day here today. I love it. I thought you and Mary would enjoy that video. That of course doesn't belong to me, I just passed on something I thought was so sweet. Glad that you and others enjoyed it as much as I did. Have a nice Saturday and enjoy your meeting tomorrow. Hugs to you both, Helen
DAD,
GOD MAY BE KEEPING US HERE TO KEEP ASSIGNMENTS HE HAS IN STORE FOR US.
THE STORY TODAY ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS FOR THE CAKE HAS A LESSON FOR WE ALL.
TRUST IN GOD TO KNOW AND FOLLOW HIS DIRECTIONS.
BEST WE PRAY FOR WISDOM AND GUIDANCE TO FOLLOW THE WISDOM.
SHALL WE ENJOY SOME CAKE ? sam
Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:
What a wonderful story your friend sent you, and I thank you all for sharing it! Your friend Sam seems to know quite a lot about it, too. ;) Hope your weekend is a wonderful one. The weather here is a lot cooler and breezy, and it's supposed to be cooler still and cloudy tomorrow. Autumn is really trying to arrive! I'm enjoying my coffee and looking forward to sharing that story with friends.
It makes me remember my mom, too, who was such an amazing baker. ;)
Love to you both from Jamaka and fams
Post a Comment