.
Good Morning.
.
Time is so precious-do not waste it.
.
"I've learned that keeping a Tomato garden is worth a medicine cabinet full of pills."
The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal.
.
I am just a few minutes late this morning, but don't worry, I am going to make it, nothing at all wrong. I am feeling good this morning, I had the best night of sleep last night than I have had in a long time.
.
I hope that all of you are feeling good and getting yourself ready for a good Monday. If we prepare ourselves for the day early in the morning the day will always go better.
.
The coffee and tea is ready, what are we waiting on, come over here and I will pour you a cup, now enjoy that while we talk.
.
The weather looks very good here, it has rained almost every day for a week, and we might see a few showers again today. I have not heard any complaints coming from the Tomato garden about the rain. I believe that they are happy with it, They are beginning to grow, check on them on Cam 1 or 2. they are both supposed to be working this morning. Cam # 1 shows a side view of the garden.
.
The temperature is 62 here in Tennessee at 3: 50 a.m. The high today will only reach 68, and it does say a few showers in the a.m.
.
This link below is very interesting, you will see some white deer. My friend Rilmich sent this. She sends me a lot of things that I enjoy and do appreciate. Dad.
.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/video/flv/generic.html?s=inwi10s22a3q81f
.
baldy has left a new comment on your post "ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED AND
TWENTY-FOUR"
.
."DAD, I'M SURE YOU REMEMBER TOMATO VINES BACK IN THE OLD DAYS.MAYBE NOT THOUGH. YOU MAY NOT HAVE LIVED ON A FARM IN YOUNGSTER DAYS. BIG GARDEN DAYS BEGAN WITH OUR FAMILY WHEN I WAS ELEVEN YEARS OLD, THE 'GREAT DEPRESSION' BEGINNING.DAD LOST EVERYTHING BEING IN HOUSING CONSTRUCTION. MOVED TO THE COUNTRY AND WITH LARGE RICH GARDEN AREA AND MY DAD'S KNOW HOW, WE HAD WONDERFUL GARDENS AND A CORN FIELD WORKED WITH A TEAM OF HORSES AND FARM TOOLS LOANED TO US BY A NEIGHBOR.
DAD, I'M SURE YOU REMEMBER TOMATO VINES BACK IN THE OLD DAYS.MAYBE NOT THOUGH. YOU MAY M OF HORSES AND FARM TOOLS OWNED BY A NEIGHBOR. TRADED WORK.WE HAD A SURPLUS WHICH THERE WAS NO DEMAND FOR. PROBLEM WAS HAVING MONEY TO BUY FLOUR, SUGAR BAKING POWDER AND LARD AND OF COURSE COFFEE.BIG PATCHES OF TOMATOS. NO FANCY NAME THEN. LITTLE YELLOW 'PEAR' TOMATOS, RED 'CHERRY' TOMATOS AND THE DELICIOUS COMMON RED ONES OF VARIOUS SIZES.CHICKENS AND PIGS LOVED ANY TOMATOS PLACED IN THE PIG TROUGH.I CAN STILL REMEMBER WALKING THROUGH THE TOMATO PATCH EARLY MORNING, HEAVY DEW AND THE SMELL OF THE DISTURBED BRITTLE TOMATO VINES.SOME VINES BROKE OFF AND SEEMED TO RENDER THE PLANTS MORE PROLIFIC. LATER IN THE DAY THE HOT SUN BROUGHT THE PLANTS TO LIFE AND MOTHER CAME WITH BASKETS TO FILL FOR 'CANNING'. SHE ALREADY HAD WATER BOILING ON THE OLD WOOD BURNING KITCHEN RANGE AND WOULD 'PUT UP' DOZENS OF JARS OF THE DELICIOUS TOMATOS.DEAR OLD MOTHER, SWEATING OVER THAT KITCHEN RANGE. SHE LOVED TO 'DO' FOR FAMILY.NOW IN THIS PRESENT DAY, 'DAD'S TOMATO GARDEN JOURNAL' IS A GREAT HELP TO THOSE HAVING A DESIRE TO GROW FINE TOMATOS.THANKS DAD. sam"
Posted by baldy .
.
Thank you Sam, I am glad to have you as my friend. DAD.
.
This link below is from TomatoCasual, Thanks Reggie it is very interesting. DAD.
.
http://www.tomatocasual.com/
.
This is going to be all for now. I hope that you have a real good day. It's raining here so I may not do very much today, it would be a good day to catch up on my naps. Keep smiling today and do treat everyone kind that you are with. I will see you in the morning if my life is spared.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
white6416r@aol.com
14 years ago



4 comments:
Good Morning ! I don't wake til 5 in the morning so in my eyes you certainly weren't running late. I hope your Monday is a great one!
Good Monday morning Dad. That was a pretty neat note from Sam. He remembers a lot about the olden days. I am glad that he is recouping from his last sickness. It stormed here yesterday afternoon and rained during the night. Our grass is about to get away from Ken. Have a nice Monday and snooze away today. Helen
Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:
Your friend Rilmich's video link is wonderful! Wish they had more things like that on tv, don't you? Hope your week is a good one weather-wise and in all ways. I'm SMILING and enjoying my coffee, thanks! The eaglets look almost flight-worthy, don't you think? Love and hugs from Jamaka and fams
Dad,
We too had some good rain the last two days...and it was the first since I planted my tomatoes, so I know they are happy as all get out!
love ya,
carlene
Post a Comment