Wednesday, June 10, 2009

ENTRY SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & FIFTY-SEVEN

Good Morning,
.

"Time is so precious-do not waste it."'
'
The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal .
.


Hollie, Dad and Kelly, June 5, 2009

I am sure that the most of you will know the three pictured above, if not it is old Dad sitting between Hollie on my right and Kelly on my left. They and their families are the ones that we visited last week in Ga. I am not asleep, I was just a little tired after our 3 and 1/2 hour drive. Now you can see that I did really go.

..

.Here are the interesting blogs they write Hollie's Life in a Small Town

. And to see Kelly's click on thiis one.The Chicken Chronicles...Again

.

I enjoyed this visit with them very much. I would like to make one more visit some where this year after the tomato season is over. But it all depends on how Mary and I are feeling at that time. At my age it is best not to plan too far ahead. We don't have any idea on which way we should go. But I am sure that we could decide by this fall. Dad.

.

The weather here is staying about the same, at 3 a.m. the tempeature was 73 with a high of 88 expected and a slight chance of showers. It has become just a little dry here not real bad but I did water my tomatoes yesterday. I am watching them very close at this point, because the tomatoes are setting on fast. It won't be long now. Maybe I can wait but it is becoming hard, I want a good home grown tomato sandwuich with lots of mayonaise on it.

.

Now I do have some good news. It is about my two cams 1 & 2. Cam # 2 is in service and was showing some good pictures most of the day yesterday, a few times I saw a little sun glare but not very much. And # 1 is not far behind, we will have it back before the weekend. And not only the sun problem but we will have put a stop to the problem of being out of service so much of the time. We have to thank Michael & Pamala our good friends for this. They are the ones who installed these cams for us in the begining.

.

Note: I just now checked on Cam # 2 and it looks like that we are going to have a good picture this morning This link will let you check it out. DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2 .

.

.

I will tell you all the details of all that was done to correct these problems a little later. DAD

.

I got so interested in these Cams that I forgot all about tea and coffee. That will never do. You just wait right there and I will have you a cup in about five minuets. And I will even pour it for you, and I might give you a smile.

.

I am running a little behind this morning. The birds are fussing at me. So I am going to stop right here. I will be back in the morning if I am spared. Smile today and be good to everyone.

. Please take the time to view this today.DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2 . See how much those tomatoes are growing.

..

This link will show you Dad's Tomato Garden Album, view it and see how much that they have grown. DAD

http://picasaweb.google.com/jrw5255/DadSTomatoGarden2009?feat=email#

.

BYE BYE DAD

white6416r@aol.com

9 comments:

Becky said...

My goodness, Dad, those tomato plants are getting BIG, and you've already got tomatoes! You just have a special talent with tomatoes, I think. Do you sing to them? (smile)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm so glad you got to visit both of them and you're right about planning too far ahead, we mostly should just enjoy the present day. None of us knows what the future will bring but today is good and that's what counts. I hope your Wednesday is a great one!
'On Ya'-ma

Donna. W said...

I expect to be eating some grape tomatoes from my garden in a few days, but I imagine I won't have full-sized tomatoes until after the fourth of July, here in Missouri.

Cindi said...

Good morning Dad,
I'm so happy you were able to visit Holly & Kelly wish I was there too...tomatoes are looking great..
xoxox

Kelly said...

Good morning Dad :) I have been out early this morning at daylight. It has been getting so hot during the day I have to go out early to get the animals ready for the day. I am done now and inside with coffee. It looks like you might get some rain according to todays forecast I saw on the news here this morning. Yesterday I was visiting my parents and I showed them the pictures of your visit with us. Daddy asked me why you decided to come and visit me. I said I was just lucky like that. :) He said yeah, but why you? I said to him I didnt know, that I just guess you found me interesting enough to come to visit...lol. Then I told him that YOU were the special one anyway, that I was just honored that you came to visit. You and Mary both. :) Love, Kelly

jmuhj said...

Beautiful picture, Dad, and so glad you had a good visit! Look forward to seeing more pictures. Your WebCam2 is looking great, and I see one beautiful big eaglet on WVEC today. The coffee is very good, thanks! and I'm feeling like tomatoes, too. I hope you and Ms. Mary enjoy the rest of your day, love to you both from Jamaka and fams including Rani, who's purring on my lap

Karen A. Cooke said...

Hi Dad and Mary,
Since you were wondering where you needed to visit this Fall, I wanted to make a suggestion. Why not come to Memphis and visit your "kin folks" down here? We would love to visit with you and Mary....bring Jim and Beverly with you too!

Love, Karen

Anonymous said...

DAD, KEEP UP YOUR GOOD WORK. sam

Hollie said...

Dad & Mary,
I sure enjoyed getting to visit with you both! I will always treasure our time together! Thanks for coming down this way!