Friday, June 26, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & SEVENTY ONE




Here is a link Dad's Fried Green Tomatoes Web Page .that will give you the receip for these fried green tomatoes.

..

Good Morning.

.

Time is so precious-do not waste it...

Wasted seconds, minutes, days, and years shall never come again...

Begin the Day with God..

...

Smiling time is almost here. These plants were set out on April 24th 2009. I wonder who that old grey headed man is. It looks like that he should be in the house taking a nap. I should have been smiling but I was so tired when Mary took this picture. I will try and perk up for my next picture, DAD.

.


" Well, Ray, I beat my Dad's record this year! I came home from our llama trek on Tue., 6/23/09 to find red ripe tomatoes on the llama fertilized vines! Dad always prided himself in having tomatoes by July 4th.
Best. " Laura.

.

I received this email from my friend Laura, you would remember her, She is the one that gives those Llama treks, and it looks that she can do somthing else very good. Producing tomatoes. She beat the record of her own Dad and it looks like that she is going to beat this old man by about 10 days. Laura how can you do that to us. Shame on you. Dad.

.

Now I want to tell you about those fried green tomatoes that you saw me frying yesterday afternoon. I had them for my supper last night, and I wish that you could have seen the smile on my face. Nuff said. Dad.

.

DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1..

.

DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2.

.

We hope that you will have time today to look at the two outdoor Cams above. They give you two different views of the tomato garden, the # 2 cams also gives you a good view of the bird bath. And we have this cam lighted at night. So when it is dark in Dad's tomato garden you will still be able to see the fountain. Try it out tonight and let me know what you think. DAD.

.

Our weather stays about the same every day. This morning it is 68 again and around 90 for today. No rain for a few days and we are begining to need a good shower. I think that one is promised for Sunday.

.

I just now at 5:57 a.m. checked on the Eagle Web Cam and two of the eagles are in view. One of them is having his breakfast in the nest. So they are still around. Dad.

.

http://dadstomatonews.blogspot.com/

A little surprise above for you. This is a little long but it is good. DAD.
.
Here is the link to a blog that my great grand daughter Mandy writes. I love her very much. Dad. .
It Ain't Easy Bein' Green .''.

Here is my thought for this day.

"Black may be the clouds about you. And your future may seem grim,But don't let your nerve desert you; Keep yourself in fighting trim."

This is by Edgar Guest.

.

This is it for today, not much but its all that I have. If all is well I will see you in the morning.I hope that we all can be content and happy today.

.
BYE BYE DAD.

.mailto:.White6416r@aol.com.

865-850-6763 ... Cell phone ..

© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

8 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Good morning Dad. We have had good tomato growing weather too. We have some little green cherry tomatoes starting. I have a tomato question. One of my plants started getting what looked like blight on the lower leaves. I just snapped them right off and threw them away. Hope I did the right thing. I removed all the effected leaves. Will it hurt the plant to take off the bottom primary leaves?

Anonymous said...

Hi Ray, just wanted to say thanks for sharing those fried green tomatoes with us. I found them to be quite delious. When you see Iva again, tell her that was a very good crochet she did with the rose. I thought it was real. Give everyone my love in Christ. I truly miss all of my extended family in the truth. You & Mary take care & don't overdo it with the fried green tomatoes. lol Have a great day & I am smiling.

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hello Dad just popping in to say hello and to wish you a good and relaxed weekend ~ and of course have my "Cuppa" with you ~ Ally x

Sayit-baldys said...

GOOD MORNING DAD.
I AM ENJOYING CONVERSING WITH KAREN.
ADDED HER BLOG TO MY FAVORITES.
AM A FOLLOWER NOW TOO.

YOUR PLANTS ARE LOOKING FINE. SO IS RAY.
KEEP ON KEEPING ON. sam

Monae said...

Hey Ray,

Those fried green tomato's sure do look great. I wish I could be there having some. I wanted to come by and say hello. Here is a link to my journal if you want to see it ---> http://deardiary-monae.blogspot.com/ Take care

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Your garden looks so tranquil and serene and those frying tomatoes so delectable! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend. Love from Jamaka and fams

Becky said...

Mmmmmmmmmm fried green tomatoes, yum! Haven't had one of those for over 20 years. This year I planted a couple of little container plants, so maybe I'll get to have some fried green tomatoes. I miss them.

Carlene Noggle said...

I could almost smell those fried green tomatoes Dad!