.
Time is so precious-do not waste it..
.
Wasted years shall never come again.
..
This morning we saw an empty nest at the Norfolk Botanical Garden. All three of the young eaglets were exploring the area around the nest, gaining valuable skills they'll need as they eventually disperse and leave the nest area. The oldest of the juvenile eagles (male -band HK) has since returned to perch on a branch adjacent to the nest (hoping for a fish from the adults perhaps?)We expect to see the young birds return to the nest for feeding over the next few weeks and they may remain in the vicinity for up to 10 weeks.
..
We will continue to monitor the camera and post updates.This year marks another extraordinary success for this pair - again successfully fledging three young eagles. As we saw last year - with several eggs lost and one young bird transferred to the Wildlife Center of Virginia for care of an avian pox infection - bald eagles face continuing challenges as we look to continue the recovery of this impressive bird.
.
For those who haven't had enough of the amazing raptors of the Commonwealth - you can view Falcon Cam - which highlights nesting pergrine falcons atop Riverfront Plaza in Richmond at
.
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/falconcam2008/.
.
These birds are incubating four eggs and we expect to see them hatch by late June/early July.
For updates on the eagle at the Wildlife Center of Virginia click below.
.
http://www.wildlifecenter.org/wp/norfolk-botanical-garden-eagle/
.
Posted by VDGIF Wildlife Biologist at 9:36 AM
Sunday, June 14, 2009
.
“Azalea Has Fledged”
The last of the three eaglets at the Norfolk
..
The three photos above of some of my green tomatoes were taken June 16, 2009 by Dad. These tomato plants were put in the ground April 24. Some of these are going to be in the skillet soon. ( See Dad's Fried Green tomato recipe at- Dad's Fried Green Tomatoes Web Page .)
.
http://lancaster.unl.edu/4h/Embryology/eggcamera.shtml/
.
This above is interesting but it was hard for me to read it. It's about baby chicks/ DAD.
.
I think that we need some coffee or tea before we say anything else . It is important for me to have a cup as early as I can get it. It is ready and waiting on us, and you know that you are always welcome. DAD.
.
.
Look at the Golden Eagle above, amazing. This is from National Geographic.
..I am sure that you have noticed the improvement in our two outside Cams, 1 & 2. I think that we have solved the problem of them being out of service so often. That is a relief to me. Those two cams are what I am going to show as the tomatoes ripen, and the time is almost here..I have checked them this morning and thy look good. Here they are if you want to see for yourself..
.
.
There is a way to make these Cam pictures larger. At the bottom of the screen on the right is a spot that says Expansion. click on it and put it in the # 2 position and you will see a much better picture. Be real sure that each function says done before you go on , Dad..
.
This is all for this day. I hope to see you in the morning.Keep smiling. Sending Love to all of you.
.
BYE BYE DAD
.865-850-6763 ... Cell phone ..
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved



6 comments:
It's a rainy day in northern Ohio today. I hope your day is full of sunshine and SMILES there. 'On Ya'-ma
Good Morning Dad & Mary,
I'm off today & wanted to drop by for my coffee & a little chat! Those tomatoes are looking good! I can taste them now! I hope you both are doing well! Have a good day!
Good Morning Dad...
the tomatoes are coming right along fine and dandy...oh boy do I want a BLT...
It has been enjoyable to watch the eagles...we are looking forward to the falcons too.
have a great day
xoxoxo
Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:
Oh, your garden looks so nice! I'd love to sit and listen to the fountain and look at all those beautiful green tomatoes ripening. Did you fry some last night? How were they? ;)
All three eaglets are in or close to their nest right now. I love seeing those little falcons, too.
Have a wonderful day and I look forward to checking with you tomorrow. Love and hugs from Jamaka and fams
Hi Dad, still got some coffee? Or maybe I'll make us a nice glass of iced tea since it's the afternoon. Let's go out and check out those tomatoes... they are growing up a storm. When are you having your first fried green tomatoes? Mind if I stay to dinner? *laughing*
Makes me a little sad that the eagle babies have grown up so fast. Their mama sure doesn't get much time to enjoy them. I guess I'm lucky that my daughter still hasn't flown the nest after 23 years!
But then again, I don't have to go out hunting all day like the eagle mama does... she may be ready for a break.
burberry sale hjadlfwp burberry outlet nrobqnuk burberry bags baefsqik burberry handbags esptvtkk
Post a Comment