Wednesday, June 24, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & SIXTY NINE

Good Morning.
.
Time is so precious-do not waste it..
.
Wasted days and years shall never come again.
.
Begin the Day with God.
.
How are you feeling on this wednesday morning. or is it to early for you to tell me ?
.
Maybe a cup of this hot tea or coffee will get us started in the right direction. I know that it always takes that to get me going.
.
"If the worst is bound to happen, Spite of all that you can do,Running from it will not save you, See it through!
.
from Edgar Guest.




"These photos were taken a couple of weeks ago in Nashville. The gardener is my father, Jim . He is 83 years old and says these plants are the best looking ones he has had in many years. He also has cucumbers, peppers and flowers! The garden is in his back yard." (From Michael)


Michael and Pamala my two good friends sent me the pictures above that I appreciate very much. Michael explains in the caption that this is his Dad. He is going to bring him to see us very soon. Maybe he can show me how to grow tomatoes a little better than I am doing now. Even though I have never met Jim I already count him as one of my friends. Thanks to you two for sending these interesting pictures to me. DAD.
..
http://www.utextension.utk.edu/

The University is in Knoxville. Interesting link above. Dad.
.
http://www.tys.org/downtown-island-airport
.
This link above will tell you a little about the airport where I learned to fly. It has not been the same Airport since. Dad's Airplane Flying Days
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2

We hope that you will have time today to look at the two outdoor Cams above. They give you two different views of the tomato garden, the # 2 cams also gives you a good view of the bird bath. And we have this cam lighted at night. So when it is dark in Dad's tomato garden you will still be able to see the fountain. Try it out tonight and let me know what you think. DAD.
.
Our Tennessee weather is staying just about the same. It was a little cooler yesterday. This morning it is starting out at 67 and the high will be in the high eightes or maybe a little higher. It feels very good to me. The tomatoes are doing very good view them on Cam # 2 when you have the time.
.
Here is my thought for today.
.
" When you feel like sighin'--sing! Keep a-goin!!!''
.
By Frank Lebby Stanton
.
I don't know what to say about the eagles, they are still around and they seem to be doing very good to me from what I saw yesterday. We better let someone who knows tell us what is going on. Click on Eagle Web Cam and I will go with you up and see what it looks like this morning.
..
This link here http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/eaglecam/ might help us see a little more.
.
I think that I have already talked too much so here I go. But I will be back in the early morning if my life is spared, I do feel good this morning but I am going to go slow again today, just walk not run. Smile today it won't cost you anything but it will mean more than we will ever know to someone.
.
http://dadstomatonews.blogspot.com/ A little surprise for you. DAD.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
white6416r@aol.com
.
865-850-6763 ... Cell phone
.
..© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved


3 comments:

Cindi ;) said...

Good morning dad,
Jim sure knows how to grow a beautiful garden, and I dont think you do too bad yourself!...I'm going into work today early, so I'll have to look at your Airplane Flying days later...cant wait, I bet it will be interesting...
take care

Carlene Noggle said...

Hi Dad,
Went over to the Eagle cam and didn't see anything...they must be out for lunch! Also went over and saw your "resignation" ! I left a comment.
love ya,
carlene

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

I just checked in on the WVEC and saw an eaglet close-up. Very handsome bird! Your plants and fountain are gorgeous, and guess who I saw in the rows, a few moments ago? ;)

Enjoy your evening, and I may not be able to check in tomorrow as I may have to travel to the Mojave on business. But if I do, I'll be thinking of you and checking back in as soon as I can! Love and hugs from Jamaka and fams