Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & SIXTY EIGHT

Good Morning.
.
Time is so precious-do not waste it.
.
Wasted years shall never come again.

.
A Good Poem
..

If you get a thorn, not a rose, Keep a-goin! If it hails or if it snows, Keep a-goin! Taint no use to sit and whine When the fish ain't on your line, Bait your hook and keep on tryin'. Keep a-goin! When the weather kills your crop, Keep a-goin! When you tumble from the top, Keep a-goin! S'pose your out of every dime, gettin' broke ain't any crime, Tell the world you're feelin' fine, Keep a-goin! When it looks like all is up, Keep a-goin!Drain the sweetness from the cup, Keep a-goin! See the wild birds on the wing, hear the bells that sweetly ring! When you feel like sighin'--sing! Keep a-goin!!!
,
By Frank Lebby Stanton
.
Here is my thought for this Tuesday.
.
" The best and most beautiful things of this world can't be seen or touched. They must be felt by the heart."
.
Here's another good poem.
.
SEE IT THROUGH

.
by Edgar Guest
.
When you're up against a trouble,
Meet it squarely, face to face;
Lift your chin and set your shoulders,
Plant your feet and take a brace.

When it's vain to try to dodge it,
Do the best that you can do;
You may fail, but you may conquer,
See it through!

Black may be the clouds about you
And your future may seem grim,
But don't let your nerve desert you;
Keep yourself in fighting trim.

If the worst is bound to happen,
Spite of all that you can do,
Running from it will not save you,
See it through!

Even hope may seem but futile,

When with troubles you're beset,
But remember you are facing
Just what other men have met.

You may fail, but fall still fighting;
Don't give up, whate'er you do;
Eyes front, head high to the finish.
See it through!
..
By Edgar Guest
.


You do not need a hundred acre farm to have a garden, here is proof. My neice Karen sent me this picture above. This picture is not all that she and her husband Pat have planted. I think that this is so nice. I am very proud of my neice and all that she does. She above other things writes a blog that I think is interesting, Be sure and look at BrushStrokes when you have the time. Thanks Karen for the picture. DAD.

.

We are still having hot and wet weather here in The Tennessee Valley. This morning the tempeature is starting out at 70 and will possible go to around 85 for the day. Yesterday we had lots of rain, 1.23 inches , and more thunderstorms are predicted for this afternoon.

.

DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1

.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2

We hope that you will have time today to look at the two outdoor Cams above. They give you two different views of the tomato garden, the # 2 cams also gives you a good view of the bird bath. And we have this cam lighted at night. So when it is dark in Dad's tomato garden you will still be able to see the fountain. Try it out tonight and let me know what you think. DAD.

I do need to stop and get busy, but before I go let's have a cup of hot tea or if you are like me, hot coffee. I feel like it takes at least one cup to get my eyes open. I don't have much to say this morning. But I hope that you will remember my side panel and use it. The eagles and a lot of other things are there.

. I plan on being back here in the morning if I am able to get here. Smile today and try to be happy. Look at the two poems above, they might help you. Sending Love to all of you in every part of this world.

. Bye Bye DAD

white6416r@aol.com

.865-850-6763 ... Cell phone

.
.© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

7 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good morning ! We have a few clouds in the sky this morning but we should have mostly sunshine here with a high of 81. It's so much easier for me to keep going when we have these nice warm days. I hope your day is a great one!
'OnYa'-ma

Hollie said...

Good morning! Your niece has a wonderful garden. I may have to try that next year.

Cindi ;) said...

Good Morning Dad,
I love your niece's garden..under rainy weather today here in SWFL...stay cool & dry.
xoxoxox

Kelly said...

Good morning, almost afternoon Dad :) I think that is a neat way to grow stuff, in the buckets like that. I like that. Thanks for all the inspirationals this morning. Sometimes we need that extra push to get our day going, and you always manage to do that for me. :) Only 85 there today, wow, I only wish it would stay in the 80s here, it has been highs in the 90s for days and days, and no rain either. Guess we are just oging to be in for one hot summer. Tell Mary hello from us. :) Love, Kelly

Rose said...

we put our tomatoes in early this year. they are already 3 feet tall!! great pics.

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

The weather sounds good for tomato growing -- hope you both can stay inside where it's cool, though! Your plants are looking very good. All three eaglets are on the branches by their nest. I enjoyed your Thoughts For The Day, both of the poems especially the first one! and your niece's blog. She is quite talented! and she has some wonderful techniques to share with other artists.

Have a great evening! Love and hugs from Jamaka and fams

Joann said...

Hope you had a wonderful Father's Day, Dad!!