Tuesday, February 16, 2010

TUESDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND & SEVENTY FOUR




With snow falling out your window, I thought you might enjoy seeing some of the roses in bloom at the Ringling Museum in Sarasota FL. Joan.
.
Joan sent me these
three roses above from Florida. Thanks Joan. DAD.
.
Congratulations! You just had your first visitor from Lebanon.
.

My mood today 2/16/10 is {HAPPY ) we are starting this again so you will know what to expect before you begin reading. Dad..


"Time is so precious-do not waste it."
.
.http://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920 .
.
This above will give you the weather report for East Tennessee and yours if you will just add your zip code.
.
Potatoes, Onions, Garlic and more, Quantities Limited!To view this email in a browser Click Here
.

Tomatoes, Peppers & EggplantsTo view this email in a browser Click Here .
.
"Fruiting crops, including tomatoes, need full sun most of the day for good production of quality fruit. Good drainage is also important. In high to medium rainfall areas (more than 30 inches per year) work the soil into ridges and plant on the ridge or build raised beds 12 to 18 inches deep. Plan on setting out at least one cherry tomato and 4 to 6 large-fruited varieties depending on the number of fresh tomato lovers in your family. You'll need stakes or wire tomato cages to support the plants to keep the fruit off the ground where it would rot. To insure even and efficient watering, you will want to put in a drip or soaker hose system for watering. Finally, count on mulch to keep down the weeds." .
.
Giant Beefsteak TomatoesTo view this Tomato Click Here

.
Dad's Tomato Garden Photo Album-2008
.
Dad's Tomato Garden Photo Album-2009

.
(For best results turn on the speed show for the two links above. )



Growing Smiles


A smile is quite a funny thing,

It wrinkles up your face.

And when its gone, you never find

Its hiding place.

But far more wonderful it is

To see what smiles can do;

You smile at one, he smiles at you

And so one smile makes two.

He smiles at someone since you smile.

And then that one smiles back;

And that one smiles, until in truth

You fail in keeping track.

Now since a smile can do great good

By cheering hearts of care,

Let's smile and smile, and not forget

That smiles go everywhere!.

If I would just post this link and not say another word

Sara's Dog Training blog what would you do ? I think that I know. This link has become so popular that everyone knows what it is. Thanks to you Sara and of course Oreo and Misty. You three do a lot of hard work for us. Did you say that school is out this week? I know that Oreo and Misty will be glad. Dad..

Web Cams and Skype Our granddaughter, Kara, has a new web cam. And it motivated Dad and me to also get web cams. We now have web cams installed and are learning to use Skype. I think it will be interesting to keep touch with some of our friends that live far away. We are looking forward to using the cams to keep in touch with our friends in Ireland, Italy, Columbia, Australia and Mexico as well in other places in the USA. If any of our friends would like to join Dad and I we will give you the way to get to us, DAD & Jim. Iim's is JRW5255 and Dad's is Dad6416.

.

I am needing some spring weather so bad, or at least weather dry enough to get my garden turned and ready for tomato plants. This time last year I had everything ready and waiting. April will soon be here and I do want to be ready this year, Dad.

.ORDER Biota Max™ NOW!.....Use referral code (Dad).DAD's Special - Biota Max Soil Probiotic.

...http://www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsite-content/eagle-cam.html..

This link above will take you up to the eagles nest. Someone said they have 3 eggs that you can see. I have not seen them yet. The weather has not been very good for them, but they are still doing good..To see the eagle's eggs you have to go to their blog site which is different than their cam site. It has great photos (taken from the cam) and interesting information about eagles, the nest, and now when to expect these 3 eggs to hatch. Click on http://eaglenest.blogs.wm.edu/ then scroll down and enjoy. Dad.

I am writing way to much this morning and I must stop, don't forget my side panel. There are several things that I did not mention, like Sumatra + bold, but you know that it is there. Let's all try to be Kind to everyone today.

BYE BYE DAD

©. 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved


6 comments:

Sara said...

When I saw the photos of the roses, I thought, "Does DAD already have Roses blooming amongst the snow in Tennesse?" Then I saw they were from my mom in Florida...I should've known.

Glad to see you're feeling Happy this morning. We're supposed to get a few inches of snow today. I'll believe it when I see it. We haven't seen much of the white stuff at all this year.

Hope you have a good day. Since I have the day off, I'm going to be lazy and read my book!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good Morning! It is still snowing in Ohio too. We often have colder temps than you and snow too. I hope we get better soon, I too need some sunshine and warmer days. Take good care! 'On Ya'-ma

Mandy said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful rose pictures! With all the snow here, they are a refreshing sight! :) Thanks also, as always, for the tomato growing tips. I am looking forward to try growing my first tomato plant this spring.

Love you and Aunt Mary. Tell her I said hello.
Mandy

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

Another happy day. And if anyone wasn't happy to begin the day, they should be happy after reading the poem "Growing Smiles". The pictures of the roses seem to glow...as if they know they are in a very special place on your blog. Like Mandy, I thank you for those growing tips for planting tomatoes. I'll be putting those into my Tomatoes folder to have handy when I get home.

Not sure what we will do today. It is very sunny but the temps are in the mid-50s. The Marie Selby Botanical Gardens are not far so maybe we will take a trip there. The website is selby.org. Of course we will be stopping somewhere for an afternoon coffee or latte.

You and Mary have a peaceful day. I'm passing a big smile to both of you. ...Sara's Mom

madcobug said...

Those roses did bring a spot of cheer during this cold weather. Dad here is Reese's blog so you can see those three eggs the eagles have.
http://eaglenest.blogs.wm.edu/
Loved that smile poem. Have a nice night. Helen

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

What GORGEOUS roses, aren't they?! So beautiful! I liked your poem about SMILES, too -- so true! All of your crop postings make me very hungry...not long til dinner time now! ;)

You know, I signed up for Skype, but it slowed my system down so I uninstalled it. Hope it works very well for you and yours, though! Love to you both from Jamaka and fams