Friday, December 17, 2010

FRIDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY SIX

Good Morning, This is Dad here on Saturday morning to remind you that I do not write a journal on Saturday or Sundays, those are my two rest days, so this journal below is the one that we will be useing for today and Sunday, be sure and look it over, there are lots there to enjoy, poems by Egdar Guest as well as a lot about producing Smiles and Tomatoes.

If all goes well I will see you early Monday morning.
.
BYE BYE DAD.


" Time is so short- do not waste it"
.
Good Morning
.
I hope that you are feeling good this Friday morning, you will not see me again until Monday, I only write journals 5 days a week now. Saturday and Sunday are rest days for me, and I need them so much. I have 2 good poems by our friend Edgar Guest right below that I think you will like .
..
Good Books
Edgar Guest
.
Good books are friendly things to own.
If you are busy they will wait.
They will not call you on the phone
Or wake you if the hour is late.
They stand together row by row,
Upon the low shelf or the high.
But if you're lonesome this you know:
You have a friend or two nearby.
The fellowship of books is real.
They're never noisy when you're still.
They won't disturb you at your meal.
They'll comfort you when you are ill.
The lonesome hours they'll always share.
When slighted they will not complain.
And though for them you've ceased to care
Your constant friends they'll still remain.
Good books your faults will never see
Or tell about them round the town.
If you would have their company
You merely have to take them down.
They'll help you pass the time away,
They'll counsel give if that you need.
He has true friends for night and day
Who has a few good books to read.

...
This should get you into the Christmas spirit.
'''
Make sure you have your speakers on and enjoy
.

http://ecard.ashland.edu/2004admission/index.html
....
Congratulations! Your Neo Counter has reached: 3350 cities.

.
Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page As I have told you before, Don't miss this one.
.......
The Finer Thought
BY Edgar Guest

How fine it is at night to say:
I have not wronged a soul to-day.
I have not by a word or deed,
In any breast sowed anger's seed,
Or caused a fellow being pain;
Nor is there on my crest a stain
That shame has left.

In honor's way, With head erect,
I've lived this day.
When night slips down and day departs
And rest returns to weary hearts,
How fine it is to close the book
Of records for the day,
and look Once more along the traveled mile
And find that all has been worth while;
To say: In honor I have toiled;
My plume is spotless and unsoiled.
Yet cold and stern a man may be
Retaining his integrity;
And he may pass from day to day
A spirit dead, in living clay,
Observing strictly morals, laws,
Yet serving but a selfish cause;
So it is not enough to say:
I have not stooped to shame to-day!
It is a finer, nobler thought
When day is done and night has brought
The contemplative hours and sweet,
And rest to weary hearts and feet,
If man can stand in truth and say:
I have been useful here to-day.
Back there is one I chanced to see
With hope newborn because of me.
This day in honor I have toiled;
My shining crest is still unsoiled;
But on the mile I leave behind
Is one who says that I was kind;
And someone hums a cheerful song
Because I chanced to come along.
Sweet rest at night that man shall own
Who has not lived his day alone..
.
I do not feel that I should have used this poem up above by Edgar Guest because it certainly is not me that he is speaking about, but then I thought why can't I use this poem as my desire, wanting to be more like what he is saying. DAD.
. ( The first paragraph of the poem condemns me, O how so unlike that is old Dad)
...
I am beginning to need a cup of Sumatra x bold coffee and since I won't be back until Monday I need to go see Sara, Misty and Oreo, it's a long time until Monday, I am clicking on Sara's Dog Training blog, and Sara will bring me up to date.

I have enjoyed the videos that Sara has made, I hope that she will make us more, It helps us to understand more of what is going on, what about it Sara. DAD.
.
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #3
Here they are, use them today, they are the life of this journal.
,,,
Here below is something interesting, John has begun another blog. Blog # 2. I have learned a lot in reading Johns blogs, I am glad that he is my nephew & friend, don't miss this today, DAD
,
John White's Blog I
Jo
hn White's Blog II
Jennifer White's Blog .
.
.Dad's Songbird and Roses Web Page View this link above and see if I look Happy. Dad..

.
DAD'S FRIED GREEN TOMATOES Do you like fried green tomatoes ? Dad does...
.
Dad's Memoirs You will enjoy reading about Dad from his birth in 1913 until the present,time, I don't know if I am going to like this so well. DAD.
.
.
http://www.recordrelics.com I
think that you will like this link click and view. DAD.
...
I am planning on seeing you again on Monday morning.I do not write a journal on Saturday or Sunday. DAD .
Mary and I will be in our meeting on Sunday, and then a quiet afternoon to meditate on what we will hear there, we are expecting some special friends to be with us, we will be happy to see them.
I am sending Love and best wishes to all of my friends .
.
" The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal . Com."
.
.BYE BYE DAD

. © 2010 all rights reserved ... Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. Com. .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Evening DAD...
Just got home from a long day travelling to NJ for a funeral service. It was a lovely tribute for a lovely 100 year old woman who lived a life dedicated to faith and family.

Another excellent poem by Edgar Guest. I too desire to live such a life. What a different world it would be if everyone followed this poem and acted kindly to others. Many of the words of this poem certainly did remind me of you. You have a positive effect on so many and I am one of them.

Hope you had a good day and are ready for a relaxing weekend. I'll be by earlier on Monday for some coffee and smiles. ...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince Charming:

Those are both wonderful poems, Dad, and so inspirational -- but you must be joking! ;) You give SMILES and inspiration to so many all over the world, and Ms. Mary and Prince, likewise ;)

Wishing you a good weekend, safe journeys, and that you all stay warm and well. Love from Jamaka and fams<3

Anonymous said...

I had to come back and reread Edgar Guest poem about a Good Book. Every line is oh so true. How I enjoy a good book. I am giving a few as Christmas gifts and now I plan to print out Edgar's poem and make it into a book marker for the books. Perfect timing on posting that wonderful poem. ...Sara's Mom