Monday, December 27, 2010

MONDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY TWO

I have several good pictures here below that I am going to show you first this Monday morning, they all have captions under then we can have our visit for the day. DAD

The snow on Sunday looking towards the front of the house.


Mary and Dad looking at presents that Jim and Beverly gave them. The gift was a mouse pad, if you have more than one do you call them mice ?


View of the snow in our back yard, taken by Ted

..
Jim and Beverly, this was Jim's first visit to see Dad after his knee replacement, he is doing real good. I love him. DAD
.
" Time is so precious-do not waste it"
.
"One thing you can't recycle is wasted time"
Source Unknown.
.
Good Morning.
..
How are you doing on this good Monday morning ? I am feeling good, full of pep, in a happy mood, so you better stay out of my way today or I might run over you. I am so glad that it is Monday, it seems so long since I last saw you and had a visit. I have been worrying about my friends Jeff, Sara, Misty and Oreo. we need to go to Sara's Dog Training blog and let our friend Sara bring us up to date
.
This is Sayings of Ben Franklin, they are good.
http://www.great-quotes.com/quotes/author/Benjamin/Franklin.
.(After viewing this above you will need to press the backup button above on the left side to continue.)
If the shoe fits, wear it...and I am.
..
A good laugh for people in the over 60 group !!!
..
Also for those who know people like us.When I bought my Blackberry I thought about the 30-year business I ran with 1800 employees, all without a cell phone that plays music, takes videos, pictures and communicates with Facebook and Twitter.
.
I signed up under duress for Twitter and Facebook, so my seven kids, their spouses, 13 grandkids and 2 great grand kids could communicate with me in the modern way..
.
I figured I could handle something as simple as Twitter with only 140 characters of space.That was before one of my grandkids hooked me up for Tweeter, Tweetree, Twhirl, Twitterfon, Tweetie and Twittererific Tweetdeck, Twitpix and something that sends every message to my cell phone and ev ery other program within the texting world.
.My phone was beeping every three minutes with the details of everything that is happening all over the world and the movements of the entire next generation. I am not ready to live like this. I keep my cell phone in the garage in my golf bag.
.
The kids bought me a GPS for my last birthday because they say I get lost every now and then going over to the grocery store or library. I keep that in a box under my tool bench with the Blue tooth [it's red] phone I am supposed to use when I drive. I wore it once and was standing in line at Barnes and Noble talking to my wife and everyone in the nearest 50 yards was glaring at me. I had to take my hearing aid out to use it, and I got a little loud.
.I mean the GPS looked pretty smart on my dash board, but the lady inside that gadget was the most annoying, rudest person I had run into in a long time. Every 10 minutes, she would sarcastically say, "Re-calc-u-lating." You would think that she could be nicer. It was like she could barely tolerate me. She would let go with a deep sigh and then tell me to make a U-turn at the next light. Then if I made a right turn instead. Well, it was not a good relationship.When I get really lost now, I call my wife and tell her the name of the cross streets and while she is starting to develop the same tone as Gypsy, the GPS lady, at least she loves me.
.
To be perfectly frank, I am still trying to learn how to use the cordless phones in our house. We have had them for 4 years, but I still haven't figured out how I can lose three phones all at once and have run around digging under chair cushions and checking bathrooms and the dirty laundry baskets when the phone rings.The world is just getting too complex for me.
They even mess me up every time I go to the grocery store. You would think they could settle on something themselves but this sudden "Paper or Plastic?" every time I check out just knocks me for a loop. I bought some of those cloth reusable bags to avoid being ask that question so much.
.
O' how I miss the good old days when I was younger and did not have all these things to bother me, I enjoyed life so much better. DAD.
..
......
.John White's Blog ..Get a surprise, click on this, Dad said so.
.
...
Shooting My Universe . Steve is good every day, and I am glad to count him my friend. Don't ever miss him. Dad.
.
..
In these 5 links above are the complete story of Dad and his journal, if you had nothing else but these 5 links you could go to all Dad's writing. Keep this list handy, it will save you time, and that is what I say is so precious. DAD.
.
I am going to stop talking before you stop listing. I am sorry about this long- long journal, but I am happy this morning and had so much on my mind. If you do come back I hope to be here again on tuesday morning'
.
BYE BYE DAD
© 2010 all rights reserved ... Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. Com. .

9 comments:

Jazzie Casas said...

Married… divorced… separated… never together… what does any relationship status have to do with a man's parental duty? Once you’re a father, you're always a father. There is no you in the formula of life anymore. There is always at least one other person standing beside you in that equation. Always. Own that. And never leave that behind.








Proud to be a Single Dad

madcobug said...

That snow is beautiful. We got some Saturday but you have more. Ours about melted away yesterday but still a good bit left to refreeze. Loved the poem and your pictures.
You and Mary have a blessed day today. Helen

Sara said...

Your house looks so pretty with snow. We have over a foot here now, and it is still snowing! Oreo and Misty were a bit stunned when I opened the door this morning. Misty plowed her way throw like a bulldozer, and went to the very end of the yard to do her business. Silly dog, if she had waited ten minutes, I would have shoverled her a path.

Loved seeing the photos of you, Mary, Jim & Beverly.

~Sara

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I loved all the pictures in your post today and I hope your Monday is a great one.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

I smelled the coffee and knew it was time for a visit with you. It was delightful to be greeted with the photos and the video of you reading the poem about living for today. I was amazed to see photos of your house because that meant you had to go outside in all that snow to take them. And how pretty everything looks. The birds and other creatures won't be agreeing with me.

We did get one of the high tech phones for Christmas and we are having fun learning how to use it. So far to use the 4G phone, we had lessons from Sara and Jeff, we had panic calls to them, we have read the instruction booklet, and we have asked questions over the internet. You are right about how simple things were...RING...Hello! But we do love the phone and it will give us internet access when we are in Florida.

Stay warm and cozy in your leather chair with a cup of coffee next to you and a few holiday cookies. ...Sara's Mom

John White said...

Good Monday Morning Dad,

Fantastic video of you. Great Job! Hope you & Mary are staying warm. The pictures of the house & family are wonderful.

John

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, DAD,
The snow is everywhere! Philly has about 12".
Yesterday, I got to catch a few snowflakes but, so far, today, I look out the window, admire the snow, and go right on reading and sipping extra bold. Thanks for the coffee. Thanks for the great photos. Such a handsome family! Aloha from Philly.....Sara's aunt

Cindi said...

God afternoon Dad,
Your post made me smile today, I love how plastic vs paper got on your nerve so you bought recycle bags...I had the same aggravation...lol
Have a great day

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince Charming:

Wonderful post! Laughed so much about the tech story; Ms. Mary, isn't that the perfect mousepad for you and you look so lovely in the picture of you sitting with your brother on the sofa. The house in snow reminds me very much of ours in the Mojave, down to the windmill. Very lovely. Hope you are all staying warm and comfortable. What a treat to have a video from you, Dad -- a nice one, and I miss your videos! Love to you all, Jamaka and fams (special PURRS for the Prince!<3)