Monday, December 6, 2010

MONDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED THIRTY NINE

Good Morning

" Time is so precious-do not waste a minute of it, time lost will never come again".

I am so happy that Monday has finally come, now I will be with you for 5 days, It seem so long since I have talked with you and I have a lot of catching up to do, like a good cup of that Sumatra x bold coffee that Joan and I like so much. And then I am anxious to find out about Sara, Misty and Oreo, yes I remembered how to get there without looking it up, I will always remember this link Sara's Dog Training blog and I always get a big smile when I go there. DAD

Myself

I have to live with myself, and so, I want to be fit for myself to know. I want to be able as days go by Always to look myself straight in the eye. I don't want to stand, with the setting sun And hate myself for things I have done.

I don't want to keep on a closet shelf A lot of secrets about myself And fool myself, as I come and go Into thinking that nobody else will know The kind of man I really am, I don't want to dress up myself in sham.

I want to go out with my head erect. I want to deserve all men's respect; But here in the struggle for fame and pelf, I want to be able to like myself. I don't want to look at myself and know That I'm bluster and bluff and empty show.

I can never hide myself from me; I see what others may never see; I know what others may never know. I never can fool myself, and so, Whatever happens, I want to be, Self-respecting and conscience free. By Edgar A. Guest

"And should my soul be torn with grief, Upon my shelf I find A little volume, torn and thumbed, For comfort just designed. I take my little Bible down And read its pages o'er, And when I part from it I find I'm stronger than before. " By Edgar A. Guest.

Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1

Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2

Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #3

Ecobirder
Glen in Australia
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
It Ain't Easy Bein' Green

...
Jennifer White's Blog
John White's Blog

..
LEARN BIRD SONGS
Let's Live and Learn Together
Sara's Dog Training
Shooting My Universe
Starbucks Coffee
Tennessee Granddaddy
There's No Place Like Home
Tomato Casual

.... .


Today..12/06/10 ..Cloudy with snow showers. Cold. High 1C. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Variably cloudy with light snow flurries possible. Cold. High near 35F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.

I think that it is about time to slow down for right now, I have more that I did not get in, but I will be close to the office today and I will as usual be stopping in to add updates. O, I am so happy to be back on this Monday, and please look for me for the next 4 days.

.

Here is a little joke, don't laugh yet, I am not as good a joke teller as Jim.

This man owed a lot of people and the collectors were after him ever day, he became upset with all this calling, so this is what he told one collector," This is the way that I decide who that I am going to pay this month, I write a note with everyone's name and amount on it and put them in a hat, then draw one out and that is the one that I pay that month, and if you don't stop bothering me I am going to stop putting your name in the hat. ( Wasted ink )

I have enjoyed visiting with you this Monday morning, and if you will let me I would like to knock on your door on Tuesday morning.

I think that I can have a smile for you.

My Mood for today is Happy.

.
Sending love and best wishes all around the world.


" The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal.Com "
.

BYE BYE DAD
© 2010 all rights reserved

.

6 comments:

Hollie said...

Good Morning Dad,
Brrrrrrrrr...it's 28 degrees this morning with the windchill it's about 12. I just wanted to drop drop for a little chat & a cup of coffee! Stay warm today!

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

It is so good to stop by for a delicious hot cup of coffee on this very chilly morning. Our temp is similar to Hollie's and the windows have a bit of frost on them. The high today will be 29 and strong winds, so I will bundle up when I go out for groceries. I had a lovely weekend, including brunch with Oreo and Misty's Mom. You would have enjoyed the x-bold coffee at Spillin the Beans!

With the cooler weather in TN, I think you get to sit and read your books more and we getto benefit whenever you share one or two of your favorite poems. Edgar Guest was know as The People's Poet and his writings truly are for everyone. Hope to read many more poems in the days ahead, it sure will make winter pass by faster. Enjoy a warm cozy day indoors with a cup of coffee and a book in hand.

...Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

Did you say snow showers? Brrrrrrr is right! Good Morning Dad! Can you believe I had a free minute to stop by this morning? Got a spare cuppa Joe and a smile? :)
Just wanted to say good morning, tell you I love you and remind you to stay in and keep warm!
Say hello to Mary!
I love you,
Vicki in Birmingham

John White said...

Hi DAD,
Enjoyed your blog entry today. It is so cold outside as you know. I've been out walking Picabo & putting a cover on my riding mower & even with gloves my hands are frozen. Glad Jim is doing so well. Have a great day!
JOHN

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince Charming:

Glad to see you again and glad you are SMILING, staying warm and drinking your favorite Sumatra coffee. Love the first poem you posted, and I've learned via your friend Steve how to tell lobsters' gender -- that may come in handy some day! ;) I like them both and wish them long lives and freedom.

Sending love to you all, and wishing you a good week. Special PURRS to the Prince from Jamaka and fams >^^<

Sara said...

DAD,
Late arrival for me today. Boy it is a cold day here today, and our heat wasn't working too well at school! They kept promising us that they were "working on it". Hopefully tomorrow it will be fixed!

Misty spent much of her day at the vet today waiting to have her latest test run. She seemed to win everyone over with her smile and sweet spirit. Everybody loves her.

~Sara