Saturday, September 19, 2009

ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & FORTY FIVE.

Good Morning.
.
( Good Morning, this is 4:10 a.m. Sunday morning 9/20/09. I am having my first cup of coffee. I do hope that you are still resting. I just wanted to say Good Morning to you and to tell you that I hope to see you early Momday morning. DAD. )
.
" Time is so precious-do not waste it "
.
" A smile is like a little wedge. That often keeps us from the edge. Of getting sad, or feeling blue..... I love to see a smile, don't you.''
.
"Begin the Day with God.".

We are still having a shower almost every afternoon. Here is what AOL says will happen today here in the Tennessee Valley.
.
Today...9/19/09
Cloudy with occasional showers. Humid. High 79F. Winds light and variable. Chance of
rain 50%

Cup
Come on in, I smell coffee! And I know that it is going to be delicious.
I use the same brand every morning. Starbucks Sumatra X bold. I get it in the whold bean and grind if fresh each morning. Sit down and test it,and since this is Saturday morning you will not have to rush. Enoy and smile. DAD.

.
I know that it is Saturday Morning but I am going to stop in at Sara's house and see how things are going there. I am not going to wake them as I want them all three to get some extra rest this Saturday morning. Sara, Oreo and Misty have made me smile many times since I met them. This link will take you right to Sara's blog. Sara's Dog Training I know that you will smile when you get there. DAD.




Here above are two pictures that I promised you. At the top the dead tree and at the bottom the view from the same spot after it was cut down. I know that the birds are going to miss this tree but it had to come down. There are several good tress left there close that I think they can use. Dad.

.
Posted on 18 September 2009 by...Tomato Casual this link will take you to their page. Dad.
.
Throwing Tomatoes for Charity
Tags: , , , ,
.
By Vanessa Richins.

.
I’ve sometimes cringed a little when I hear about the big tomato fight events, like La Tomatina in Buñol, Spain.
I know it’s tradition and people enjoy it thoroughly, but I also think about how many people those tomatoes could feed.
I was at least a bit happier when I learned about a recent such event in Reno, Nevada.
They wanted to recreate the famous Spanish tomato fight in their own city, with a twist.
Participants paid $10 on August 29th, 2009 to join in the tomato chucking fun. If they wanted to aim their weapons at the mayors of Reno or Sparks, they paid $50. All money went to the American Cancer Society.
Forty thousand pounds of tomatoes were donated by
Read the rest of this entry »
.
Related Posts

.
Raising Money for Charity with Tomatoes
Pelting Political Pundits with Tomatoes
iPhone Application Shows Tomato Appreciation
.
Email This Post
.

Below is a beautiful poem I want to share with you. the author is Bradford Torrey

Be still my heart! Have faith in God, and wait;

Although He linger long, He never comes too late.

He never cometh late; He knoweth what is best;

Vex not thyself in vain; Until He cometh, rest.

.Until He cometh, rest, Nor grudge the hours that roll;

The feet that wait for God are soonest at the goal.

Yes, soonest at the goal That is not gained with speed;

Then hold thee still, my heart,

For I shall wait His lead.

'
By Bradford Torrey

.

We want to be sure and look at what STEVE has for us today. His pictures are beautiful. Thanks STEVE for letting us see them. Dad.

.Shooting My Universe



"If you fall down ten times, stand up eleven."

.

DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3

Cam # 3 will be showing you more of the humming birds today. They are usually lots of them and the seem to be enjoying themselves. DAD
.

I do need to stop, my coffee cup is empty, have another cup with me before I go. I will be back on Monday morning if my life is spared. I am hopeing that all of you have a good quiet weekend. I hope that we all can be smiling and helpful to all that we meet. Sending love and good wishes to all of you.

.

BYE BYE DAD.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

Posted by Dad at 4:00 A.M..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Dad... That cup of Starbuck Sumatra is really looking and smelling good! I went and poured some more into my cup. We are having another beautiful fall morning. It will be a good day to do some yard and garden cleanup. I have 3 green tomatoes left on my one plant so tonight we have some of your fried green tomatoes. I love tomatoes but I just could not throw them at any one or have them thrown at me. I'd say "Here's a donation; hold the tomatoes".

Your poem is lovely and makes me think of my mother-in-law who is now deceased. At 96 she was tired and didn't know why God didn't take her home. But she would then cheerfully say I guess I am not done His work. And she wasn't. It may have been with a touch of her hand, a kind word, or a hardy laugh or a few words of wisdom that she was helping others. She died holding my hands tightly, a slight smile on her face, happy to hear her 3 sons, back together again, talking in the other room. Her work was done.

Have a nice weekend. ...Sara's Mom

Sara said...

My mom has gone and made me cry. How wonderful that my Babci was at peace when she left this world.

How different your yard looks without that tree. It always takes a few days to adjust to the bareness. I'm always sad when a tree has to come down.

Have a good, restful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Your cup is never empty. It is daily filled with coffee, smiles, love, joy, tenderness, friendship and blessings. Aloha, Sara's aunt

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

I do love that poem, Dad -- thanks for sharing it with us! And I'm glad you had no problems getting that tree down -- it's safer without it, and you do have a lot of beautiful trees left for the birds, from what I remember from your WebCams! ;)

That sounds like good coffee. Sumatra is a good one! Hope your evening is relaxing and peaceful, and that tomorrow is profitable for you both. ;) Love from Jamaka and fams