Monday, September 21, 2009

ENTRY EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & FORTY SIX

Good Morning.
.
" Time is so precious-do not waste it "
.
"Begin the Day with God.".
.
These Monday mornings sure do come around fast. But I think that the most of us are glad to get back to our work. I do love to work I get tired sitting around doing nothing.
.

I think that a cup of that good coffee that I talk about would be good right now, its ready and I am ready to serve you.
.
I am sure that you will want to see Oreo and Misty this morning. I hope that they and Sara had some rest over the week end. I am sure that you already know the way to Sara's blog, if not here is the link that will take you there. Sara's Dog Training DAD.
.
," Give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.''
.
Thanks Joan ( Sara' Mom) for the nice thought above. Dad.


Below is a nice poem. Do you want to guess who wrote it?
.


All I Saw Was You
..
Married fifty years ago,
Before the fire they sat.
She took his hand and gently said,
“We’ve had a good life, Matt.
Remember how, the day we met,
The sky was, oh, so blue?”
“No, my dear, I really don’t,
For all I saw was you.”

“Remember our first date, my love?
I wore a brand new hat,
The wind came up and blew it off,
Don’t you remember that?”
“I’m sure your hat was lovely dear,
With flowers of every hue,
But I wasn’t thinking of your hat,
For all I saw was you.”

"What about our wedding day?
All our friends were there.
We had the clothes we’d dreamed about,
We made a handsome pair!”
“Of course, of course, my dear,
But I don’t recall my suit.
I know a lot was going on,
But all I saw was you.”

She snuggled closer to him,
On his shoulder laid her head,
He gently kissed her wrinkled cheek,
And as he wept he said,
“We’ve been together fifty years,
A couple loving, true.
And every day I thank the Lord,
That all I saw was you.”
.
© 2009 by Mary L, White.
.
The poem above brings back sweet memories to me. DAD.
.
.
Here is a link below that I never tire looking at. Thanks Steve for letting us view this, the pictures are beautiful. Dad.

.
Shooting My Universe
.
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3
.
Cam # 3 will be showing you more of the humming birds today. They are usually lots of them and the seem to be enjoying themselves. One thing that I have noticed about humming birds is that they love to feed in the rain and our weather is making them smile, DAD.

This is our friend Sara who lives in Italy. She said that she went hiking in Trentino - that is a mountain region, in Italy. She will be graduating from college soon.

.

I think that I could just write Rain for the weather report and not even look at what AOL says about it and I would be close to right . But we better listen to them. Here it is,

.Today..9/21/09

Showers and thundershowers likely. Humid. High 77F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

.

I am going to let this do for today. I hope to have a thought for today later this morning.

If I have left out something please go to my side panel. You might find it there. Dad.

I do hope that we can enjoy this Monday morning and not worry about it, we need to face the world with a smile and kindness and let them know that we are happy and content.

I will see you in the early morning if my life is spared another day. Dad.

BYE BYE DAD.

© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved
Posted by Dad at
4:00 A.M..9/21/09

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The weather is the same here in northern Ohio today. Although the temps are mild the rain will tend to dampen our spirits so we'll be hard at work trying to find a little sunshine today. Thanks for your good morning SMILE.
'On Ya'-ma

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Dad...

I am SMILING...Mary's poem is lovely and I'm sure it was written for you and your wife. She wrote what she saw growing up with you...love and respect.

We had a very, very rainy summer and what a beautiful fall we have been rewarded with. I have enjoyed these days whether working out of doors or sitting outside having lunch with friends. Driving home yesterday I saw a SMILE quote on a church board and thought of you.... Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.

I'm smiling and sending you sunshine. Enjoy.

...Sara's Mom

Helen said...

Good morning to you on this rainy morning Dad. I took a look at Misty and Oreo early this morning. They both make beautiful pictures. I loved the poem that Mary wrote. It was beautiful. You two have a wonderful day today. Hugs to you both, Helen

Mandy said...

Aunt Mary's poem is so sweet! I hope you both are doing well. We have had a lot of rain here in Middle Tennesse as well. I have had two softball games rained out.

Love,
Mandy

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

That is a beautiful poem and it brought tears to my eyes, Ms. Mary! You are a wonderful writer.

Dad, did you notice in your friend Sara's photo that there's a cat-shaped cloud to her right? ;)

Yes, it's Monday and we are glad to have work to do! Wishing you both a wonderful day. Love from Jamaka and fams