Friday, September 26, 2008

ENTRY # FIFTEEN HUNDRED & THIRTY FIVE.

  • Good Morning.  

  •      

  •              Picture by Dad. 

  •  Sit down here with me and have Tea or Coffee, they are both ready. DAD.

  • "Time is so precious-do not waste it."  

     

    "The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal."

  • We have now ended the first day of our convention. We had a wonderful day, a little tired at bed time last night but it was worth it.

  • We are looking to have another good day toay. I am a little rushed this morning so I am going to make this a little short. I will be back on regular schedule early monday morning.

  • Posted on 26 September 2008 by tomatocasual.com
    11,000 Pounds of Tomatoes, or 11,000 Tomatoes?

    By Vanessa Richins

    The United Press International recently ran a story about a couple in Southern California who are very avid tomato growers.

    They reported that Bill Anderson and his wife, Christine Griego had grown over 11,000 pounds of tomatoes in the past year, and was aiming to grow 15,000 pounds this year.

    They were able to do all of this on a plot of land that is smaller than a quarter acre. The yard is almost exclusively tomato plants, with a few rose bushes and some trees thrown in.

    Bill keeps very exacting Read the rest of this entry »

  •  
  • This will just be  a quick run by, I will try to  smile and wave at you, it will at least let you know  that I am still alive and as mean as ever.  It will take about 5 minuets of your time. Dad...
  • I do always have my cell phone with me, it is o.k. if you would like to call me.   865-850-5763.

  • I don't think that I have mentioned this before, I use VERIZON for my cell phone service and if you happen to use the same your call to me would be free. I am sure that is right but you might check it out with the company  Verizon where you live.

  •  
  • Be sure and see what  Jim  has to say today, I know that he will make you smile.
  • He is in convention this week, if he does not have time to post his blog today he will be back at 5 a.m. Monday morning.  Dad.

  • http://tennesseegrandaddy.blogspot.com/
  •  

  • THE TWO SMOKY CAMS BELOW.

  • Bye  Bye  Dad.

    Keep  Smiling.
  •  
  • I hope to see you for a short post on  Saturday morning. And then back on our regular schedule on Monday morning, if my life is spared.  Dad.

  •  
  • Please READ THE REST OF DAD'S journal.

  • 8 comments:

    white6416r said...

     This is Dad just checking on the comments again. Don't look very good. Use regular spot for commens then go away up-up to post. Don't worry if you are unable to leave a comment, I just hope that you enjoy the Journal.. DAD

    ab45yui said...

    Hi Dad.  Someone had shared with me recently that everyone seems a bit more busy lately and things going on they are not leaving comments.  I never average more than a couple on mine, but that's okay.  I consider it gravy when I get them, lol.  I hope Day 2 of the convention goes well for you.  God Bless.

    marainey1 said...

    Good Morning!  Just wanted you to know that some mornings I try to leave a comment and nothing happens when I try to save it.  I hope you do enjoy your conference.  I'll be back Monday morning checking in on you.  'On Ya' - ma

    springangel235 said...

    Good morning Dad,
    Hope you have a great day and a wonderful weekend...hugs to all,
    Joyce

    madcobug said...

    Good morning Dad, I hope you and Mary have another enjoyable day at the convention today. I noticed it is very foggy where the purchase Knob web cam is. Helen

    sangrialel said...

    have a good day!  Linda

    gen0507 said...

    I'm glad that y'all had a good day!

    Hollie

    jmuhjacat said...

    What a funny tomato story, Dad!  Yes, that man IS extraordinarily devoted to his tomatoes, isn't he?  

    I'm glad your convention is going so well.  Enjoy it, and safe journey home.  Princess will be waiting with big eyes and PURRS!

    Best to you all, and big PURRS to the Princess beauty... ^^