Tuesday, September 23, 2008

ENTRY # FIFTEEN HUNDRED & THIRTY TWO.

Good Morning.


Our Family standing by our Airplane around 1947. Jim, Dad, LaVerne & Mary.


This picture brings precious memories to me. The time has passed so quickly...
"Time is so precious-do not waste it."  

 

"The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal."

How do you feel on this  tuesday morning ? now I am feeling very good,  Everything went good yesterday, I got my cart in the shop, in the hands of a good mechanic, and I am just patiently waiting.

My night was good and that was what I needed, so I thing that after a cup of coffee I will be able to face the world. You just wait I will have it and the tea ready soon.

I am going to let you serve this morning, I will take some half & half cream in mine. Be sure that everyone gets waited on, and then you can sit down and get yours.. Thanks for the help.  Dad.

  • This will just be a quick run by, I will try to smile and wave at you, it will at least let you knowthat I am still alive and as mean as ever.  It will take about 5 minuets of your time. Dad...
  • I do always have my cell phone with me, it is o.k. if you would like to call me.   865-850-5763.

  • Since our convention begins on Thursday morning and ends on Sunday afternoon I may not be able to keep my visits with you going on untill Monday morning, but I will be back then and have my cart with me.

  • Click on this above and view some of our visitors from far away. This is interesting to me.
  • Just a little note about the picture at the top. I could  write a book about my experiences when I was flying that Airplane ( but I am not going to do that,) I did have several times when things did not look very good and I was scared, but I am glad that I was alone most of the times when these times happened. I feel now that it is a miracle that I am her now  and old man able to tell you about it. I was 34 years old at that time.
  • Be sure and see what  Jim  has to say today, I know that he will make you smile.
  • http://tennesseegrandaddy.blogspot.com/
  •  

  • THE TWO SMOKY CAMS BELOW.

  •  


    A Boy and His Dog

    By Edgar Guest

    A boy and his dog make a glorious pair:
    No better friendship is found anywhere,
    For they talk and they walk and they run and they play,
    And they have their deep secrets for many a day;


    And that boy has a comrade who thinks and who feels,
    Who walks down the road with a dog at his heels.
    He may go where he will and his dog will be there,
    May revel in mud and his dog will not care;


    Faithful he'll stay for the slightest command
    And bark with delight at the touch of his hand;
    Oh, he owns a treasure which nobody steals,
    Who walks down the road with a dog at his heels.


    No other can lure him away from his side;
    He's proof against riches and station and pride;
    Fine dress does not charm him, and flattery's breath
    Is lost on the dog, for he's faithful to death;


    He sees the great soul which the body conceals--
    Oh, it's great to be young with a dog at your heels!
  •  
  • Bye  Bye  Dad.
  • Keep  Smiling.

  •  
  • Please READ THE REST OF DAD'S journal.

  • Please make your comments at the top left, and then save at the bottom. It works I have tried it,    Dad/

  • 9 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    This will work, I hope that this will change sometime Dad

    Anonymous said...

    Good Morning Dad,
    Here's your coffee...I hope I fixed it
    right!  I didn't know that you were a
    pilot....I love the photo of you & your
    family!  I'm glad your cart is in the
    shop.....I hope you have a wonderful
    day!

    hugs,
    Hollie

    Anonymous said...

    Good Morning Dad, hope you get your cart back soon

    Anonymous said...

    Good Morning Dad,  I am just sitting enjoying my coffee and reading journals this morning.  I don't have to be to work till noon so I am taking my time and that is making me SMILE!  I hope your day is wonderful.  Linda

    Anonymous said...

    Good morning!  I decided to go into work a bit later.  I needed to take care of a couple business matters.  But now its time to get ready for the day, and just wanted to pop in and say hello.  I hope the convention goes well and your cart is fixed.  God Bless.

    Anonymous said...

    Good morning Dad,
    I saw several birds at your
    feeder this morning. I think a Cardinal
    and a little chickadee. Great Poem
    Have a nice day today a;ong
    with Mary and Princess. Helen

    Anonymous said...

    That is fantastic picture to still have. Thankyou
    for sharing it with us here. The poem was very
    nice to read this morning. :) It made me SMILE!
    I do need some of that coffee this morning. It
    helps get my day in gear. It looks like its going
    to be a beautiful Fall day. Lets all get out and
    enjoy it. Soon enough it will be cold and windy.
    Yall have a wonderful day and I will see you on
    your cam. :) Love, Kelly

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Dad,  Glad you are feeling well.

    What a great picture!!  I love it.
    I bet you are getting all kinds of
    calls on your cell phone today!!
    LOL!!!  I'm going to be one of them.

    Thanks for the coffee this morning.

    Take Care,
    Joann

    Anonymous said...

    Looks like the blue roof is popular with the birds, Dad! ;)  Nice to see all your feeders and the fountain there for the birds.  It must make Princess very interested seeing all those feathered friends.  

    That is such a wonderful picture of you and your family by your plane!  My dad flew, too.  So did my ex-husband.  Anyway, aren't we glad we save pictures of such wonderful times so we can have them to look over an dexpereinece again?  

    I hope this is not too awful -- I can't see what I'm typing behind your comment screen.  Please forgive the typos.

    Best to you all, and big PURRS to the Princess beauty! ^^