Friday, March 27, 2009

ENTRY # SIXTEEN HUNDRED & NINETY FOUR

Good Morning,


March 26, 2009




Don't get excited. This is not my main tomato setting today. Mary and I were at Stanley's Greenhouse a few day's ago and Mr Stanley had just brought out a few plants to put on display, and you know how I am about tomatoes. I just could not keep from buying a few. There were six Celebrities and six Big Boy's.
.


So when I returned home I set them out in the planter that is down near the garden, as you can see from the above pictures. I know that it is a little too early but if a frost does come I could cover them up, since there are not very many of them. Do you think that I am silly ?

I think that the first thing that we should do this morning is look at the Eagles, you already know that all 3 of their aggs have hatched and the little eagles seem to be doing good. We enjoyed them yesterday, seeing them being fed several times

Here is the way to get up to the top of that tree up in Virginia, I think that it is around a 100 feet high.

Eagle Web Cam ...This link will take you right to her nest. And the eagles will be very glad for a visit from you.

The weather would be the next most interesting thing to me, I checked it at 3 A. M, and there was no rain falling and the temperaure was 53 I hope that it stays dry today. I do need to get too work in the garden, but I can patiently wait untill the ground is dry enough too work in.

Now comes the Tea and Coffee, I should have talked about it first. I am still useing Starbucks this morning and I have about another pound left, as I told you it was a gift from a friend. Sit down right here beside me and I will see that you get a cup of your choice. And do be sure and bring me a smile, I always need a little kindness and a smile each morning to help me get the day started of right.

I will be glad to hear from you with any tomato questions that you might have with your tomatoes, I may not be able to help you much, but I would like to try. Here is my email white6416r@aol.com we could at least meet one another and have a little friendly talk, and I do mean this for any where in this world that you may call home.

I am going to be working with my roses today, I checked on them yesterday and there was only one that did not make it though the winter. I had them covered real good with mulch and most of the plants are now close to a foot high and looking good. We have a few new ones that should arrive very soon from Jackson and Perkins to add to our garden. We love roses and we would like for you to send us some pictures of your roses.


Gatlinburg, TN Web Cam
Glen in Australia
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
Maple Syrup Picture Album
Record Relics
Sara's Dog Training
Snowflakes and Dear Ones
Starbucks Coffee

Why don't you stop at Tennessee Granddaddy house and try some of his coffee, it is not near as good as mine, I think that he uses a little too much water in his, but it will do untill you can get back down here, Dad.

Here below is my thought for today.

" Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid."

" Let your light so shine before men , that they may see your good works , and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

These are words of Jesus from Matthews chapter 5 verses 14 and 16.

The time has come again when I must leave for a little while. I hope that your day goes well for you. I will be back in the morning if all goes well. Be content, kind, happy and smiling if it is at all possible, I know so well that some days it is so hard to do, but we can do our best, that's all that God expects of us. Aren't we glad that we have a heavenly Father that know all about us.

BYE BYE from DAD.

white6416r@aol.com

865-850-5763.


© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.

11 comments:

Sandra said...

no I don't think you are a bit silly.... i say good for you. It will be nice to have them there I think
Sandra

Cindi said...

Good morning dad...nope I dont think you're silly at all...have a great day!

Becky said...

I think that is a very sensible idea and a way to get tomato season going a little early! Very smart! Hopefully the planter is right near the kitchen door. : )

Linda said...

Good Morning Dad, I am just enjoying my cup of coffee and journals before I head to the dr. today. It is so exciting to see the start of the tomoato season right there in that little planter. Have fun with the roses today. Linda

Lynne said...

Good morning, I have a few days off. I took a look at the Eagles cam and it was great. I sent the link to my sister, she loves eagles. I hope you have a great day.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It will be interesting to see if these early plants will have tomatoes before the rest. We had heavey frost here and below freezing to, so no plant setting out here for sure. Enjoy your Friday! 'On Ya'-ma

madcobug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
madcobug said...

Good motning Dad, I hope your tomato plants make it. If you were living here you wouldn't be outside working in those roses because it is pouring down rain. Have you noticed noticed how mean the oldest eaglet is? It pecks the other two and pulls their feathers. When it does that the youngest one puts it head down to protect it and hardly ever raises it again. I am afraid it doesn't get to eat enough on account of it. Helen

Mandy said...

The tomato plants look good!

Love,
Mandy

Ally Lifewithally said...

Goodmorning Dad it was lovely to see you have already planted some Tomato's ~ I don't think you are silly at all ~ and I hope they grow and give you many Lovely Ripe Red Tomato's ~ I watched the Eagles and they are just great ~ thankyou for my "Cuppa" ~ Ally x

jmuhj said...

Well, Dad, if you are silly at all, it's silly about tomatoes. And that's a GOOD kind of silly, isn't it. ;) Those little plants look very well! Glad to know your roses are healthy and that you're thinking about putting in some new ones. There's an Oregold that is a beautiful shade of deep gold, very reminiscent of some beautiful eyes we love.

Hope you and Ms. Mary have a very restful night and a good weekend. I'm going to pay respects to my folks tomorrow at Riverside National Cemetery. So I may not be able to check in, but I will post one of the two days, I hope. HUGS to you both from Jamaka and fams