Good Morning.
Here’s a picture of my son, Jim, after his first fishing trip in 2009. They only brought 7 keepers home, but they were all nice and big “croppie”. . |
We are starting off with just a little cooler weather this morning. Here at Dad's tomato garden the temperature is 47. I think that we will have a nice day.
.
I am going to get our Tea and Coffee ready a little early this morning, I need a cup as soon as I can get it. So you can stop any time that you want too this morning. I will be glad to see you and your big Smile. DAD.
.
Tomato Casual You will learn how to make something that's good right here. DAD.
.
Click Here here for a little surprise. Dad.
...
Sign Dad's Guestbook
.
[ View Guestbook ]
[ Sign Guestbook ]
.
My garden spot is completely ready, we finished it yesterday we are ready for those plants just as soon as it is safe, weather wise.
.
.
The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal..We prove that with our visitors map each day, look it over today. You can see it on the side panel on your right. I do want to thank all of you who live a long ways from Dad's Tomato Garden for visiting with me. Come again and come often DAD.
.
You may notice that our visitor counters are not working properly, we hope to have them corrected soon. ( Just found out it will be fixed by early morning,)Dad.
.
You will find a lot of good tomato gardening help at the link below. This web page is the first thing that I wrote over six years ago, I started it before I started my journal...Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page ..(If you do not find it here e-mail me white6416r@aol.com.I will be glad to hear from you any time. If you have any questions we will try to help you.
.
How would you like to take a nice hike in the Smokies, to find out more click here below
.
...http://www.hikinginthesmokies.com/policies.htm...
.
And let Lucy Lowe and Laura Higgins tell you more about it. I would like to go but I am afraid that my 96 years would not let me. Laura has promised to send me a picture of Levi, he is my favorite Llama, If she doesn't send it soon I am going to slip up there some day when she is not home and take the picture myself. I have been there before and I believe that Levi would let me in.DAD.
.
Mary and I need to go out this morning and buy a few new bird feeders, mostly for the Finches and the Humming birds. The birds are busy this spring and there are more around than usual, I wonder if the fountains are not helping. It is a great pleasure to watch the birds.
.
I plan to be back in the morning, if all is well. Smile today and behave yourself. That includes old Dad, sometimes it's hard to be good..
.
BYE BYE DAD
.
.
.865-850-5763
.
.© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal...All Rights Reserved
......
.



8 comments:
Good morning! Good morning for something warm! I might have oatmeal today! Its a bit chilly in Maryland too! Stay warm! Blessings!
Jim had a very good day fishing I see. It's cooler here this morning too. I hope you have a good day!
HUGS;)
good morning dad...have a wonderful day!
Good morning Dad, yes it's cooler this morning. I noticed out temp was 44º when I got up.Good catch of fish Jim has. I have read where running or dripping water attracts birds. Enjoy shopping for your bird feeders. Have a nice day. Helen
Thursday, March 12, 2009, COMMENT
THIRD TIME TRYING TO COMMENT TO 'DADS TOMATO GARDEN'. THIS TIME WILL SAVE IT IN WORDPAD AND PASTE IN THE COMMENT FRAME.
DAD HOW I WISH WE COULD SIT ON AN OLD FRONT PORCH LIKE IN THE 1920s AND TALK OF HOW THINGS USED TO BE. CAN YOU REMEMBER WHEN BEING THREE OR FOUR YEARS OLD ?
DID YOU LIVE ON A FARM ? WHEN DID YOU FIRST VISIT A SCHOOLROOM ? DO YOU REMEMBER THE HOUSES LIVED IN WHEN VERY YOUNG ?
WHEN I WAS FIVE OUR FAMILY MOVED FROM A HOMESTEAD IN WESTERN COLORADO, MOVED TO WEDDINGTON ARKANSAS. NOT FAR FROM TENNESSEE.
THIS MOVE OPENED MY EYES TO SUCH DIFFERENT SURROUNDINGS.WARM WEATHER, NO DEEP SNOW. DOZENS OF STRAWBERRY PATCHES WHERE OUR FAMILY PICKED BERRIES TO EARN MONEY.
WEDDINGTON THEN WAS A VERY SMALL TOWN, BEAUTIFUL FRONT YARDS OF GRASS MOWED NEATLY AND THE GRASS FELT SO GOOD TO OUR BARE FEET. EVERY KID IN TOWN HAD A FAVORITE OLD TIRE TO 'ROLL'.
IN BACK WAS A FENCED GARDEN WITH HONEYSUCKLE VINES COVERING THE FENCE. FARTHER BACK FROM THE GARDEN WAS THE PLACE FOR OLD MODEL T CARS THAT BEEN PARKED FOR THE LAST TIME, WEEDS AND BRUSH GROWING UP. OTHER CAST OFF ITEMS, PLENTY OF ROOM BACK THERE, NO CROWDED CONDITIONS AS WE KNOW NOW.
COMMON SIGHT FOR FAMILIES TO BE ARRIVING IN TOWN RIDING ON A FARM WAGON PULLED BY A TEAM OF HORSES OR MULES. EACH LITTLE TOWN HAD A 'CREAMERY' TO BUY THE CREAM FROM FARMERS AND A MERCANTILE STORE TO BUY THE EGGS AND POULTRY AND FRUIT AND VEGETABLES, THOUGH MOST PEOPLE HAD THEIR OWN GARDENS.
DAD, WITH TENNESSEE BEING NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR TO ARKANSAS, YOUR BOYHOOD MEMORIES MAY BE MUCH THE SAME AS WAS IN THIS SMALL TOWN.
SO MUCH DIFFERENT NOW. CHECK ON THE KEYWORD WEDDINGTON ARKANSAS.
DAD, KEEP YOUR ENTRIES COMING, WE LOOK FORWARD TO EACH ONE.
http://sayit-baldy.blogspot.com
Hello Dad just popping in to sit with you a while and enjoy a nice Cup of tea ~ glad your plot is ready for you to plant your Tomato's ~ enjoy your shopping trip with Mary ~ we have a lot of birds in the garden ~ and have a family of Woodpeckers ~ and a pheasant that comes to see us every year ~ and lays it's eggs near our brick shed in the garden well protected from the elements although we never get to see her offsprings ~ Ally x
Dad, I have learned you are an animal lover. Here is a journal that I read that you might enjoy. As a matter of fact there two of them. Bill
http://thechickenchronicles.blogspot.com/
http://wwfbison.blogspot.com/
Hi, Dad and Ms. Mary! Yes, you sure do have your tomato ground prepared, don't you! What a surprise (and a lot of hard work, I'll bet!). I liked the tomato and tomato sauce links, too. They make me hungry ;)
Hope you and Ms. Mary found the birdfeeders you want (or will do, if you haven't yet) to attract the birds you love to watch. Mine are hard to keep filled -- such hungry little things they are!
Have a good evening -- best to you both, and hugs from Jamaka and fams
Post a Comment