Tuesday, February 22, 2011

TUESDAYS ENTRY TWO THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED THIRTY TWO

" The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want"

Good Morning.

Since the weather is the most important subject to us tomato growers I am going to give it to you first this morning, and also I am going to try and settle down more and talk more about Tomatoes and Smiles the two things that I am interested in producing, and stop some of the foolish things that I may have been doing.

Weather

Today.. 2/22/11.
Partly cloudy. High 12C. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Partly cloudy skies. High 54F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.


When I think of producing tomatoes I always think of this link Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page I have read it hundreds of times, You will find so much helpful things there from day one until you are smiling with a big juicy tomato in your hand, DAD .


"Fruiting crops, including tomatoes, need full sun most of the day for good production of quality fruit. Good drainage is also important. In high to medium rainfall areas (more than 30 inches per year) work the soil into ridges and plant on the ridge or build raised beds 12 to 18 inches deep. Plan on setting out at least one cherry tomato and 4 to 6 large-fruited varieties depending on the number of fresh tomato lovers in your family. You'll need stakes or wire tomato cages to support the plants to keep the fruit off the ground where it would rot. To insure even and efficient watering, you will want to put in a drip or soaker hose system for watering. Finally, count on mulch to keep down the weeds."


.
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #3

....


I want to mention something about my side panel that is always on the right side of the journal. I will have listed there all of the links that I usually mention in the body of the journal, under consideration is for me to produce you an up up date side panel and you can go there and choose what and who you want to read. I spend some time trying to guess which links to show and I may not choose the right one.

At the present the list begins with American Profile Magazine and ends with the weather, this would be increased greatly. And it would affect all of you that are mentioned in it, it sure would save old Dad a lot of work. Remember this is only under consideration, any thoughts would be welcomed. DAD.

There are two things that I have not mentioned yet this morning, so I am doing it now. I do need as always to look in on Oreo at Sara's Dog Training blog and Sara always helps me, I get a smile.

The other is that Sumtra x bold Starbucks coffee, the coffee is ready also hot tea, stop in and visit me. Dad

A SMILE

A smile costs nothing, but gives much-It takes but a moment, but the memory of it usually lasts forever. None are so rich that can get along without it-And none are so poor but that can be made rich by it.

It enriches those who receive, without making poor those who give-It creates sunshine in the home, Fosters good will in business, And is the best antidote for trouble-And yet it cannot be begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is of no value Unless it is given away.

Some people are too busy to give you a smile-Give them one of yours-For the good Lord knows that no one needs a smile so badly As he or she who has no more smiles left to give.

Author Unknown

I want to come again in the early morning
I am sending love and best wishes to all the world.

BYE BYE DAD

3 comments:

Sara said...

It is 7 degrees at my house! Brrrrr. I'll have to wait until it warms up a bit to take Oreo for a walk today.

Have a good Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

A foggy day here which means warm temps and a high dew point but by afternoon it should be a good beach walking day.

Your planting tomato advise has we thinking about my self-watering containers with wire cages that I used last year. I had them against the wooden fence and the squirrels were able to stretch down and eat those nice ripe tomatoes of mine. This year I think I will put the containers in a sunny, fully open spot and see if I can't get to eat some of this year's crop.

I do occasionally visit all of your sidebar links while I am enjoying a cup of x-bold coffee and I have noticed that 1 or 2 of them are no longer valid. So my only suggestion would be to remove the invalid ones...this would make room for any new ones you want to share with us. That can be a good rainy day project when you have to be indoors instead of outside tending to your Natural Habitat.

Enjoy the peace and serendity of your habitat today, then come in and have a glass of Tomato Juice, close your eyes and pretend you are savoring a fresh tomato sandwich. ...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet, handsome Prince: What a nice thought about smiles -- and so true! And I join you in sending out love to (and prayers for!) the whole world. Smiles and prayers -- two things we can all give to make the world a better place ;)

Wishing you all a comfortable and nice afternoon/evening and hoping your Wildlife Habitat is getting a lot of "business" from happy "customers" ;) Love to you all and special purrs to the PRINCE from Jamaka and fams <3