Above is Misty, Sara's Sheltie. I think that she so sweet. I want to thank Sara for letting her come and visit us. She will be with us all day Labor day. Just look at those eyes, I wonder what she is thinking. I wish that she could write her memoirs. One thing that I know she would be telling is how glad she is that she belongs to Sara. I want to tell Misty right here that it is not so bad getting older, we have so many sweet memories of the past, I know Misty because I am there myself DAD.
.
I am sure that it would be alright to stop in at Sara's Dog Training today. Remember Misty wont be there but I am sure that the others will, The links takes you to Sara's blog. DAD.
.
" Time is so precious-do not waste it.''
Below is a poem that Mary (and Princess) wrote. Here is what she says about it: She has promised to give me a new poem each week. Dad.
I wonder where the squirrels sleep.
Are they safe and warm and sound,
I wonder if the birds are warm,
If perchance ‘twould come a storm,
I hope that they can safely rest,
I look out on that cold, dark sight,
God knows where they are tonight!
His loving hand He gently sends,
By Mary L. White and Princess
I am sure that since this is Labor day not many of you will be stopping in for your Starbucks coffee or tea, but I am getting it ready any way, so stop in if you can. Why don't we all get a little extra rest today. DAD.
.
Here is what AOL says about the weather in The Tennessee Valley for today.
.
Today.. 9/07/09.
.
Rain showers in the morning with scattered thunderstorms arriving in the afternoon. High near 80F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.
.This below happened in Knoxville last night.
http://www.wate.com/global/story.asp?s=11084082
I have a thought for the day ready, but I am having a little problem getting the Video to work. I may have it in later today. DAD.
.I have a feeling that it is time for me to leave you. I do hope to come back in the morning if my life is spared another day. Let's all make this a good day by living for others and forgetting ourselves. I am sending love and good wishes to all of you.
.
BYE BYE DAD...
.
.© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.
Posted by Dad at 4:00 A.M.

8 comments:
Dad, I'm sorry I missed your 96th birthday! I hope it was as special as you and may you live to see many many more!
Misty looks good on your blog. I did write a bit of a Misty memoir, almost two years ago. It needs an update~Misty gets better with age!
http://saralovesdogs.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-good-girl.html
Tell Mary that I love the poem she & Princess wrote!
Misty is a beautiful dog, so is Oreo. That poem was beautiful that Mary and Princess wrote. Have a nice day. Helen
Misty is a really wonderful senior dog. She knows life isn't all playing and having fun. She knows to sit and watch and listen are very important. I wish Sara's Dog Rescue friends could get one of their senior dogs off to you to love. You'd be a perfect match.
Mary's poems are beautiful and sensitive. Thank her for sharing them with us.
Your thought for today..Let's all make this a good day by living for others and forgetting ourself. This is a good reminder for me to call some friends and family and listen.
I hope you could see some of those fireworks from your garden. I never saw anything like the one that looks like a waterfall on the Henley Street Bridge. That is spectacular!
Have a relaxing day. ...Sara's Mom
Good Morning Dad,
Misty is a beautiful dog! I loved the poem Mary wrote & the picture of Princess! It is beautiful! Please tell her so! Happy Labor Day to you both!
Good morning Dad, as usual I enjoyed you entry.
The coffee was great. You know we all grew to love Princess and we miss her too. Mary and Princess's poem was very touching. I understand you and the family will be celibrating you 96 birthday today. I hope it is an enjoyable day for you. Time really flys it doesn't seem like 6 yrs ago since we met.
My God Bless You and Keep you,
Boyd
Happy Labor Day, Dad and Ms. Mary!
I'm enjoying my coffee, thanks, and SMILING after reading that beautiful poem and seeing the precious picture of the Princess beauty. I miss her, too, Ms. Mary! Such a beauty and just radiating pure love. ;)
May you both enjoy a relaxing rest of the day/evening, and rest up after all the excitement of Boomsday...
Love from Jamaka and fams
spyder jackets spyder ski jackets spyder ski jackets [url=http://www.spyder--jackets.com/]spyder ski jackets[/url] www.spyder--jackets.com
ugg boots rummage sale genuine ugg boots ugg boots sale [url=http://www.ugg--bootssale.com/]genuine ugg boots[/url] www.ugg--bootssale.com
Gucci bags replica gucci bags Gucci bags [url=http://www.gucci--bags.com/]replica gucci bags[/url] www.gucci--bags.com
hermes bags hermes bags hermes bags [url=http://www.replica--hermes.com/]replica hermes[/url] www.replica--hermes.com
replica chanel replica chanel bags replica chanel [url=http://www.replica--chanel.com/]replica chanel bags[/url] www.replica--chanel.com
Post a Comment