Saturday, February 21, 2009

ENTRY # SIXTEEN HUNDRED & SIXTY FIVE

Good Morning.
...
This is Sunday morning 2/22/o9 at 6 A. M. We had a very light snow this morning, if you will click on DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM You might see what is left of it. I hope that your day goes good.
DAD.
..

....
Time is so precious-do not waste it
..
'BEGIN THE DAY WITH GOD
..
.'The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal.
...
This is our good day, don't get up unless you are one of those that has to work today, if you are stop here and you can get a cup of some of that new coffee. that I am trying.
..
And the rest of you are welcome to stop in any time today and get your cup, or if you want tea I will have that also. Just be sure that you bring a smile with you.
..
Most of you know that I do not write a blog on Sunday, but I do check my email. And don't forget to go to the side panel if you don't find what you want here.
..
Here is a very interesting link sent to us by a friend.
.
Click here: Newseum Today's Front Pages Map View
....

Giant Beefsteak Tomatoes To view this Tomato... Click Here
.....

We are still having cold mornings, tt is 28 at 3 A.M. this Saturday morning. But it does warm uo a little during the day. At least we having been having some beautiful sunshine.
...
I am still feeling a little better, sleeping better and I feel like that I am just about ready to get out there and do a little work.
....
I am sorry but I could not wait any longer for my cup of that new coffee, so I am trying out a cup, and I think that it is going to be our coffee, I am going to let you help me decide. I will have a new pot brewed before you get here. If you will click on this
http://greenmountaincoffee.com/ it will tell about the Company that will be roasting our coffee right here in Knoxville. Only about 3 miles from Dad's Tomato Garden.

.....
Here is a little thought for the weekend.
.
"If wrinkles must be written upon our brow, let them not be written upon our heart. The spirit should never grow old."

and-

" I enjoy my wrinkles and regard them as badges of distinction--I've worked hard for them."
..
James A. Garfield. and Maggie Kuhn.
....
There have been a lot of improvements made on this web page, to keep it current, several changes are due to be made today. You will find a lot of help. If you do not find it here email me at white6416r@aol.com DAD
.
..DAD'S TOMATO GARDEN.
.
.I will personally edit it every morning, and keep it up to date .. ..EDITED at 2/21/09. At 3 a.m. by Dad.
.....

http://senditout.com/g/f_todayb.shtml
.
My friend John sent me this above today.
.....
My coffee cup is empty so I am going to stop right here and rest and have a little time of quietness. I will not see you on Sunday but I am planing on being back here on Monday morning if all is well.
. I hope that you have a plesant weekend, and that you keep on smiling untill I see you again. Love to all of you around this world.
.
BYE BYE DAD
white6416r@aol.com
.
865-850-5763
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal...All Rights Reserved
......




9 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good Morning! Glad to hear that you are feeling better today. I'm ready now for that second cup of coffee myself. I did get to sleep in a little as it is Saturday. Hope your day is a great one! 'On Ya'-ma

madcobug said...

Good moprning Dad, I am glad that you are feeling better. The temp here this morning is about the same as yours. You and Mary have a good weekend. Helen

Hollie said...

Good Morning dad,
I'm glad that you are feeling better. I have to agree...Mmmmm... this new coffee is so good. It's cold here too. It's 19 this morning. Brrrrr, where's Spring?

Anonymous said...

Hi Ray, give all my regards in the meeting tomorrow. Glad you & Mary both are doing better. Continued health & love to you both. I am smiling, from ear to ear. lolTake care & hope to see you soon. Jay

Linda said...

Good Morning Dad, I am having a wonderful Saturday morning. I got to sleep in a little bit and my grandson Aiden spent the night with us. He is still sleeping so I am having my coffee and catching up on journals! I am so very glad to hear that you are feeling better. I am going to have to check out your new coffee too! Have a great day. Linda

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Dad,
Micah and I were just talking about you, wondering how you were doing. I told him we would stop by and have some coffee and hot chocolate with you this morning. I am so glad to hear you are feeling better, but be sure to be bundled up if you do go out and do some work today. This weather is sneaky!
Take care and we love you and Mary,
Vicki and Micah in Birmingham

baldy said...

DAD, YOUR INFORMATION SERVICE IS AND HAS BEEN A WONDERFUL GIFT TO PEOPLE THAT ARE ENJOYING HOMEGROWN TOMATOS.
NOT ONLY TOMATOS, I SUSPECT THERE WILL BE COUNTLESS NEW GARDENS THIS SPRING ACROSS THIS GOOD COUNTRY.
MANY HOMEOWNERS, ESPECIALLY IN THE SMALLER TOWNS WOULD SHARE THEIR VACANT LOT WITH SOMEONE TO USE AS A GARDEN SPOT. I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN FOR YEARS IN MY LITTLE TOWN OF CANON CITY COLORADO.
WITH SOME PUBLICITY AND ENCOURAGEMENT FROM NEWS MEDIA THIS TYPE GARDENING WOULD BENEFIT ALL. FREE GARDEN SPACE IN RETURN FOR KEEPING OUT OF CONTROL WEEDS FROM BEING UNSIGHTLY.
OF COURSE A FENCE WOULD BE NECESSARY AND A NEW 2 BY 4 INCH WELDED WIRE FENCE 4 FEET HIGH COULD GIVE PROTECTION FROM INTRUSION.
WORKING IN A GARDEN COULD HELP PREVENT FLAB FROM ACCUMULATING ON OUR BODIES.
MANY CHILDREN WOULD LIKE THIS IDEA. THERE CAN BE PRIDE IN A BOUNTIFUL GARDEN.
DAD I AM SURE YOU WOULD AGREE. sam

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

That coffee sounds wonderful and it is so nice to buy locally grown and/or produced things, isn't it? Hope your weekend is a relaxing and peaceful one and that tomorrow is refreshing for you both. Hugs to you both.((((((((OO)))))))))

Kelly said...

Good morning to you and Mary. :) It is just so cold today! At least the sun is out. So that coffee is even better than the Dunkin Donuts coffee? WOW! It must be good! I tried some of the Starbucks a while back but ended up giving it to Mama, she really loved it. It was good, just not to my taste. Mama said it was really full of flavor. That sure was a nice page that your friend John sent to you, very thoughtful. :) I hope your having a nice Sunday. I havent done a single thing yet, but I am enjoying doing some relaxing. ;) Love, Kelly