Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ENTRY # SIXTEEN HUNDRED & SIXTYY ONE.


Good Morning.
......
Time is so precious-do not waste it.
.
.BEGIN THE DAY WITH GOD
.
The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal.
.
Here are just a few of the comforting words we received when Princess passed away. We do not have all of them posted yet, but will be adding them for you to read later
.
http://dadstomatonews.blogspot.com/
...
I hope that this Tuesday morning finds you feeling good and ready for another clean sheet. Mary and I made it through the day yesterday, but is was hard. We are trying to keep busy, we have done a lot on all of our web pages, and we hope that will be of help to you when you begin your garden. I feel that Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page is the web page that has the most information, but you will find help in all of them. Now don't be afraid to send me your questions, I will try to help you, and the only charge to you, will be a big Smile.
.....
My email is white6416r@aol.com
My phone # is 865-850-5763
......
http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/ecards/view.pd?i=427799973&m=9682&rr=y&source=msne999
..
Thanks to our friend Carol for sending this above.
......
Here are my thoughts for the day:
.
"Money and time are two of the heaviest burdens of life, and the unhappiest of all mortals are those who have more of either than they know how to use."
.
and,
.....
"Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself."
.....
These two thoughts are from the book "Apples of Gold."
......
At 3 a.m. this mornong we have a tempeature of 25, and we are expecting to have lots of sunshine today, as we did yesterday. This sunshine and weather is doing a lot of good to my tomato garden spot. Even though it's a few week untill we can get those tomatoes in the ground, it is a great releif to me too be ready for them. You can see my plowed garden spot on the cam. DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM
...
I wan't to remind you that you can view the cam day or night, in the dark of the night you can see the flag waving in the wind.
....
..
I always enjoy looking at this above, and I am going to have an album like this for our crop that will soon be starting, We will start the album the day that we get the first tomato in the ground and continue untill we are eating our first home grown tomato sandwich. Now don't that make you smile.
.......
.....
Why don't we all try to be kind and gentle with every one that we meet today, and before we go out that door to work, tell someone that we Love them. It could very well be our last chance to say that.
.....
I am planing on being here in the morning if my life is spared, you know without me telling you what I would like for you too do--SO DO IT.
..
BYE BYE DAD
.
.© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal...All Rights Reserved.
.
My office phone # is 865-850-5763. And I think that it would be a free call to me if you have Verizon cell phone service, check in your own city to be sure. DAD.
......

7 comments:

madcobug said...

Dad I hope that you and Mary have a good day today. It is quite cold here this morning also with a tem of around 27º. I see some pink showing up in the eastern sky. Won't be long until that beautiful sun will peek on over the mountain. Helen

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good Morning ! Stopping this morning to share a SMILE with you and Mary today. It is a little colder here but they do promise that we'll see a little of the sun today. I'm sure we are all happy to see it. 'On Ya'-ma

Hollie said...

Good Morning Dad & Mary,
It's rather cold here this morning too. I hope you & Mary get to enjoy some of that sunshine today. I'm so ready for Spring & tomato time.

Hugs to you both!

Kelly said...

Good Tuesday morning to y'all. Enjoy the sunshine! We are supposed to have clouds rolling in and some pretty heavy thunderstorms overnight. I can almost taste the home grown tomatoes, it wont be long now. I hope your inspirational words lift you and Mary today also. I know they always do for me. Time to get outside and feed everyone, but I will see you tomorrow morning, coffee in hand. :) Love, Kelly

Ally Lifewithally said...

Dear Dad it is getting late here and my company has just left so I need to pop in and say hello to you and Mary and to have my Cup of tea even if it is late in the day ~ will see you in the morning ~ early I hope ~ Ally xx

jmuhj said...

That is just such a beautiful picture of Princess, Dad, in yesterday's entry. I hope you and Ms. Mary are getting through the days okay. I know it is not easy with that big space in your home where that little girl used to be. But she is still there in spirit and I hope she lets you know that in some way, if she has not already done so.

Stay warm, and know you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Carlene Noggle said...

hi Dad,
Hope you and Mary had a blessed day today. I, like you can hardly wait to plant my tomatoes this year! My johnquils ( daffodils) are all bloomed already!
love,
carlene