Monday, February 23, 2009

ENTRY # SIXTEEN HUNDRED & SIXTY SIX


This is what Dad's Tomato Garden spot looked like in the Cam's eyes on Sunday morning, but it is all gone now. DAD.
.....
Good Morning.
......
Time is so precious-do not waste it..
.
'BEGIN THE DAY WITH GOD
''

baldy said...
.....
DAD, YOUR INFORMATION SERVICE IS AND HAS BEEN A WONDERFUL GIFT TO PEOPLE THAT ARE ENJOYING HOMEGROWN TOMATOES.NOT ONLY TOMATOES, I SUSPECT THERE WILL BE COUNTLESS NEW GARDENS THIS SPRING ACROSS THIS GOOD COUNTRY.MANY HOMEOWNERS, ESPECIALLY IN THE SMALLER TOWNS WOULD SHARE THEIR VACANT LOT WITH SOMEONE TO USE AS A GARDEN SPOT. I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN FOR YEARS IN MY LITTLE TOWN OF CANON CITY COLORADO.WITH SOME PUBLICITY AND ENCOURAGEMENT FROM NEWS MEDIA THIS TYPE GARDENING WOULD BENEFIT ALL. FREE GARDEN SPACE IN RETURN FOR KEEPING OUT OF CONTROL WEEDS FROM BEING UNSIGHTLY.OF COURSE A FENCE WOULD BE NECESSARY AND A NEW 2 BY 4 INCH WELDED WIRE FENCE 4 FEET HIGH COULD GIVE PROTECTION FROM INTRUSION.WORKING IN A GARDEN COULD HELP PREVENT FLAB FROM ACCUMULATING ON OUR BODIES.MANY CHILDREN WOULD LIKE THIS IDEA. THERE CAN BE PRIDE IN A BOUNTIFUL GARDEN.DAD I AM SURE YOU WOULD AGREE. Sam.
.
Yes Sam I do agree with you, maybe we could talk about this a little more and get something started. DAD.
..
February 21, 2009 2:43 PM
..
Here is a comment above that Sam sent me. below is a link to one of his Blogs that I'm sure you will find very interesting.
..
http://sayit-baldy.blogspot.com/
...
Tomato Casual ------You must see this. Dad.
......
Here is something below that I beleive you will like, sent to me by one of my friends.
....
......
..
Click on the above and read front pages of News Papers across the country. DAD
....
There have been a lot of improvements made on this web page, to keep it current, several changes are due to be made today.
..
You will find a lot of help here . If you do not find it here email me at white6416r@aol.com DAD...
.
I will personally edit it every morning, and keep it up to date .. ..EDITED at 2/23/09. At 3 a.m. by Dad.
.......
Pinot Noir Pepper-
.
Plus more NEW vegetablesTo view this Click Here
This link above is interesting
..
Sunday was a beautiul day here in Tennesse but a little cool all day. The sun was out and that helped a lot. Now this monday morning we again have a 23 at 3 A.M. another promise of sunshine.
.
We enjoyed our Sunday morning very much yesterday. We had visitore from Canada and Idaho. We heard much that makes you want to do better. now I need to get busy, and try to do and not just hear.
...
I have our new Coffee ready, and you are welcome to come in and have a cup ant time that it is convient for you. And you know that I could never forget the Tea.
.
So far I am well pleased with the Green Mountain coffee, and I hope that you will like it.
...
Here are my thoughts for today. They are from a littl book called " A Fathers Book of Wisdom." that has been on my. desk for a number of years. I wan't to give credit to H. Jackson Brown . Jr for the thoughts. DAD
...
" The man who wins may have been counted out several times, but he didn't hear the referee."
...
and-
..
Never, never,never, never give up. "
.
H.E.Jansen & Winston Churchill.
......
The time has come for me to leave you for a while. I hope that this monday morning goes well with you, try a hot cup of my tea or coffee, that is helping me.
.
If all is well I will try to be here again in the morning, and I hope that I will be feeling as good then as I do now. But you know how it is, thinks can change pretty fast when you are almost 96. But as Sam Mc. used to tell me to " Hang in There." and that's what I am going to do... You can help by Smiling for me.
.....
BYE BYE DAD.
.
865-850-5763
.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal...All Rights Reserved.
....

7 comments:

Cindi said...

Sipping on my own brew of Grn Mtn ...good morning dad...stay warm...spring is right around the corner....

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good Morning. The sun is trying it's best to shine here this morning. I see a glow under the clouds in our eastern sky. Our landscape looks about like your picture this morning--white. Only 19 degrees so I don't think it'll melt soon. 'On Ya'-ma

madcobug said...

We haven't had any snow cover this year Dad. I hope it doesn't come now it is getting close to spring. Sometimes March is the coldest month though and it is almost here. Glad that Sam made a post in your blog. This is his address to his latest blog but I think he has made only one entry so far. Helen
http://gravyhouind.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

Good Monday morning Dad. :) Good to see Sam post a comment. I miss his beautiful pictures out there where he lives. I know he is busy getting well though. Its still so cold here this morning. It hasnt even gotten above freezing and the wind is blowing too. I hope Spring is just peeking out around the corner and will be here soon. Now I got to go and find a store that carries that coffee! If you like it then it has to be good. I consider you to be that of a coffee expert. :) I got to go make a visit to a neighbor shortly, so I am gonna get on out of here this morning. Stay warm and say hello to Mary for me. Love, Kelly

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hello Dad I have just been catching up with your other entries ~ we have had the children here who are on holiday from school ~ (they have Gone back today) so havn't done much on the computer ~ glad to know you are feeling better ~ that looked really cold in your snow covered garden ~ thankyou for my Cuppa ~ Love to Mary Ally x

jmuhj said...

Your friend Sam has some good advice there, Dad; and so do you with your Thoughts For The Day. ;) The snowy scene is beautiful. For some reason it's not letting me go to your WebCam yet; I will have to try back. The coffee is excellent, thanks! ;) May you and Ms. Mary stay warm and comfortable, and Comforted. Hugs, Jamaka and family

Lynne said...

Good evening! Sound advice for the soul. I appreciate your sharing a bit of you each day, just wanted you to know it. Blessings to you!