Tuesday, June 22, 2010

TUESDAYS ENTRY TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED NINETY NINE

Note: Our Camera DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1 was turned on at 7 a.m. this morning. We have placed it in about the same position as yesterday because of the 95 degrees heat today. The red link above will take you down to the tomato garden. If you look real close you might see old Dad sitting in that easy chair.
.
Good Morning.

"Time is so precious-do not waste it.". . .
.

( I used this paragraph below yesterday, but I wanted you to read it again.. Dad.)
'
I started this Journal on August 28, 2003 for the main purpose of helping others produce a good home grown tomato. And I hope that I have been at least a little help.That is still my desire. A few times over the years I may drifted off on to other subjects which maybe I should not have done, but from now on out my main talking is going to be about Tomatoes, Roses and my WILDLIFE Habitat. I will still try to make you smile and cheer you up all that I can. Those smiles have meant a lot to me through the years I would appreciate an email
white6416r@aol.com from you. I appreciate all of my readers who have stayed with me through these years. Dad

This link below will be of interest to you. Dad.
http://www.gardenersnet.com/vegetable/tomato.htm
.
Solving some plant problems, click on link below.
http://www.gardenhobbies.com/veggies/tomatoproblems.html


.
.In the first paragraph above I promised to give you some thing to smile about when I had a chance. Here it is for this morning, just click on this Sara's Dog Training and you will be at Saras blog. It has never failed for me. Dad.
.
"Fruiting crops, including tomatoes, need full sun most of the day for good production of quality fruit. Good drainage is also important. In high to medium rainfall areas (more than 30 inches per year) work the soil into ridges and plant on the ridge or build raised beds 12 to 18 inches deep. Plan on setting out at least one cherry tomato and 4 to 6 large-fruited varieties depending on the number of fresh tomato lovers in your family. You'll need stakes or wire tomato cages to support the plants to keep the fruit off the ground where it would rot. To insure even and efficient watering, you will want to put in a drip or soaker hose system for watering. Finally, count on mulch to keep down the weeds."
.
.And here below is my best link, please take time to look it over, all the way to the bottom. Lots of help that you can use.
..
Dad's Tomato Garden Web
,
..weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920. .. .The link above will show you the Tennessee Valley weather. Add your zip code and get your own local weather. ..
.
Today 6/22/1o
Plenty of sun. Near record high temperatures. High 36C. Winds light and variable.
A good deal of sunshine. Near record high temperatures. Heat index near 105F. High 97F. Winds light and variable
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3 .
.

.We plan to have Cam # 1 out in the garden again today. We had it out 10 hours yesterday, The weather is going to be hot again today a high of 95, We are trying to keep the Camera in the shade as much as possible. We may keep it on the patio looking out over the garden the same as we did yesterday. What you are seeing at the moment on your left is a vine that the humming birds like and then there are 6 of those Brandy Wine tomatoes, and then of course old Dad's resting place. I have spent many hours there watching the birds and listing to the birds sing. And the sound of that bird bath Nothing better than that. Dad.
.
. I think that it would alright for one more Smile. How about Starbucks Sumatra x bold. Coffee
.
This is all for right now. I will be back if my life is spared .
.
.Please don't forget my side panel for other interesting things that are there.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.

4 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

Good morning Dad ~ Tuesday again how quickly the days pass by ~ I do appreciate all the links you put in for us to read ~ and will look in again to your cam #1 ~ Hope Mary and you Have a good and plesant day

Sara said...

Good morning,
We have had three beatiful sunny, warm days in a row. I noticed yesterday that I have some green tomatoes on my plants! Must mean summer is here.

Off to walk the dogs....I saw wild black raspberries on our walk yesterday. I'm going to try and pick some this morning.

~Sara

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

I poured some Sumatra for us and since I can't see CAM#1 I'll go and revisit your Tomato Garden Web where I can see you riding your cart out to your tomatoes and I can watch the water flowing in your fountain. Since I also planted Brandywine tomatoes, I would love to be able to see your plants up close. Perhaps you and Mary could post some photos or make a video to share with us. My plants are growing really tall and there are flowers but no signs of a tomato yet.

I hope the heat wave breaks and you'll be able to spend more time in your comfortable chair overlooking your tomatoes. For now, stay indoors and stay cool. ...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and PRINCE!:

Hope you are all staying cool and maybe having some iced tea today? Prince probably prefers cool water, though...;)

We had drip irrigation in the desert and it was so convenient! It did require a lot of maintenance, though, because little rabbits and gophers like to chew on the lines. It sure did a great job of keeping 2 1/2 acres of trees and plants nice and hydrated, though!

Have a cool and comfortable afternoon and evening. Special PURRS to Prince! Love from Jamaka and fams