Monday, April 11, 2011

DAD'S ENTRY TWO THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY THREE

" Be thankful for your blessings "



Good Morning


I hope that you are feeling good on this Monday morning, you already know that I like Mondays, it has been a long time since I saw you, and also I am anxious to get started on that tomato garden, we are placing a picture of Prince in the side panel, he is our pride and joy, so much fun to be with. This link will tell you more. Dad's Songbird and Rose Garden DAD


Pansies (650 x 410)-1


From Joan: "Here is a photo of my basket of Pansies and a poem about Pansies by Cindy Lynn"


Pansies


Petals of velvet, colors so bright,


Smiling and nodding long into the night.


Round, joker faces that dance with the moon,


Lilting and tilting a flower song tune.


Warm summer sunbeams captured for all


By round little flowers so sweet and so small.


Bright pansy colors so sweet and so small.


Reflecting the moonbeams that dance in the night.



"A critic is a man who knows the way, but can't drive the car."


Kenneth Tynan


For $1.oo per day you can have your company name, or product listed. in this journal We are read in 101 countries of the world, and over 3000 cities. That's a bargain. write Dad at white6416r@aol.com


.... http://www.burpee.com/


Dad gets his tomato plants from Burpee. Try to read the above if you possible can. there are some beautiful tomato pictures and lots of tomato information. DAD ..


Easy Homegrown Strawberries Order Now Supply Limited To view this email in a browser Click Here I love strawberries, DAD .


DAD'S FRIED GREEN TOMATOES


Sautéed Cherry Tomatoes - Serves 4


From JOAN PUTNICK .


2 Tablespoon butter 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes ¼ teaspoon salt Dash pepper 2 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil 2 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley 2 Tablespoon thinly sliced green onion 1 ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in a large skillet. Add tomatoes and salt and pepper. Sauté until skins start to split open…about 3 minutes. Stir in parsley, basil, green onions and garlic. Cook stirring for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add 1 Tablespoon butter. Stir to coat well. Serve immediately.



From Dad Dad's Southern Fried Green Tomatoes


*6 GreenTomatoes *Salt and Pepper *Corn Meal *Vegetable Oil *2 Eggs, beaten Slice the tomatoes into 1/4-1/2 inch slices. Salt and pepper them to taste.Dip slices in beaten egg, then in the corn meal.Fry in hot oil about three minutes on each side until golden brown.


Very Good!Dad's Salsa


1 medium green pepper, chopped2 celery ribs, chopped1 small onion, chopped1 medium carrot, chopped1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced1/2 cup water1/2 cup tomato sauce1/3 cup tomato paste3 garlic cloves, minced1 tablespoon lemon juice1/4 teaspoon pepperTortilla chips In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic, lemon juice and pepper; stir into the vegetable mixture. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 3 cups.


Here is an example of how the side panel works for you, if you want to see the eagles, John Whites blog, Dads Tomato web Page it is all there, now don't you think that is handy. If you have any suggestions let Dad know at white6416r@aok.com


We have room for a few more Tomato recipes, if you have any that you would like to share send them in for us to consider. Dad.


I am going to stop for a little while, aren't you glad. I have so much to talk about, but I must go, I need another cup of that Sumatra x bold Starbucks coffee to get me started, I have given you a video up about Dad reading a poem. It is a little dark, but there is not much light at 4 o'clock in the morning.


I hope to see you in the morning if all goes well. We have lots planned for this day. I hope that we can get it all done.


BYE BYE DAD

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, DAD,
Having you read a poem and seeing Joan's pretty basket of Violets is a wonderful way to welcome a Monday morning. Thank you, as always, for the smiles and friendship. Aloha...Sara aunt.

Sara said...

Mom always has a basket of pansies on her step this time of year. They are such cheerful litle plants. It is going to be a warm day here!

I planted my snap peas on saturday, hopefully they get going in the warm weather today.

Oreo spent a lot of time outdoors this weekend, mostly hunting our resident mole. Wish he would cacth the thing. He is digging up holes all over the place!

~Sara

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

It feels good to sit here visiting with you sharing a cup of sumatra. My body aches a bit from all the backyard cleanup we did over the weekend but it sure looks neat and feels like spring. With the old fallen leaves removed I can see the green tips of many perennials.

Posting the tomato recipes helped me to decide on tonight's dinner...tomatoes and artichokes over fresh ravioli...perfect for a warm day.

Prince is a very handsome cat and he sounds like a very good cat as well. My daughter in NJ adopted a kitten last month. She is very sweet and black and white like Oreo. She enjoys playing with my grandsons and her toys.

Well the day is too lovely to waste indoors, especially when there is so much to do outdoors. But I'll stop by later for a coffee break. Enjoy the day. ...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet, sunny, oh-so-handsome growing up Prince!:

I have a huge SMILE on my face -- do you know why? ;) Prince is looking so handsome, such a gorgeous young mancat! I did go to your page, but I only saw an incomplete sentence there, about how you originally met Prince. Did I get a bad link, or ??? Anyway, I always LOVE seeing pictures of Prince,and we all send love and purrs to him. It has been a nice Monday and we wish you all a good evening and a good day tomorrow. The poem about pansies makes me wish Mom's pansies were still growing here, and they also remind me of our very first sweet cat who was a member of our family when I was born -- he had a "pansy face" and was so sweet! Those tomato recipes sound scrumptious. ;) Love, Jamaka and fams <3

John White said...

Hi Dad,

Enjoyed your Monday morning posting. Looking forward to some of those homegrown tomatoes soon. Hello to Mary. They tell me Mavis & Roy are doing well in Australia. Great picture of Prince.