Thursday, April 28, 2011

DAD'S THURSDAY'S ENTRY TWO THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED NINETY

" And there abideth Faith, Hope and Charity but the greatest of these is Charity"

( Note: The # 2 outside Camera will not be working today, because of cable trouble from the hail storm. DAD )

Good Morning,



We hope that all is well with you today. We don't know to well about ourselves yet, we had a fierce hail storm last night around 8 P.M In all of my 98 years I have never been in one like this one. It is still dark as I write but as soon as we can see.




Mary and I are going to see what damage, we fear that all of our tomato crop is wiped out. We will let you know as soon as we can. As the large golf ball sizes or larger hail was falling we could look out our front door and see the street full of hail and what an awful noise it was making, scary to Dad, Mary and Prince.




Well here is the report on our loss, All of our 41 tomato plants are gone, wiped out. All we can do now is try to replace them, and it is getting late for that, and expensive also. No insurance on these.




There is also damage to our home , Roof, windows, siding, and driveway. Insurance on this.






The Cook's Garden
FREE Shipping--It's Time To Plant Your Garden To view this email in a browser
Click Here



And Then I Saw



I looked up in the sky last night

It was so dark, I needed light.

The journey seemed so very far,

…And then I saw a star.



Where was all that had been bright?

On this cold and solemn night.

I needed help it must come soon,

…And then I saw the moon.



I thought the night would never end

If only I could find a friend!

I lost my way, where could I run?

…And then I saw the sun.



Sun ruled the day and made it bright,

The stars and moon still ruled by night

Yet the best was yet to come

…For then I saw the SON.


by  Mary L. White







Sautéed Cherry Tomatoes - Serves 4



2 Tablespoon butter



1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes



¼ teaspoon salt



Dash pepper



2 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil



2 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley



2 Tablespoon thinly sliced green onion



1 ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic



Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in a large skillet.



Add tomatoes and salt and pepper. Sauté until skins start to split open…about 3 minutes.



Stir in parsley, basil, green onions and garlic. Cook stirring for 2 minutes.



Reduce heat to low. Add 1 Tablespoon butter. Stir to coat well. Serve immediately.



I will be very busy today, (We will possibly go to Stanley's today for more Tomato plants), I will come back if I can, If not I hope to see you on Friday morning. Remember our Side Panel He can and will help you find what you need.My email white6416r@aol.com



BYE BYE DAD

5 comments:

Sara said...

Oh no. I sure hope there isn't too much damage done to your tomatoes.

It is very windy here, and looks like we could be in for some interesting storms this afternoon. Oreo doesn't mind storms, but Misty always was very nervous.

Anonymous said...

Good morning DAD..

What an awful night you had. I am glad no harm came to you, Mary, and Prince. Mary's poem is so beautiful and so perfect for this morning after the storm. And your attitude is so positive and your voice sad but witty still. I think a trip to Stanley's for some large tomato plants is a wonderful idea. I know you will produce some wonderful tomatoes in 2011.

Stop at Starbucks on your way home. I'll be thinking of you. No rest for you today. ...Sara's mom

Teri said...

It's sad to hear about your tomato plants, so much time and energy taken away. I am sure you are still early enough in the season to replant, here in New Jersey we have not even put our seedlings outside yet.

Wishing you luck at the garden center today, hopefully they have many healthy plants and a delicious variety.

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet sunny Prince:

Thank God you are all safe, and I pray the damage to your home is not great and will be fixed soon (and that your insurance delivers quickly and trouble-free!) Truly, we see that we are very small and weak compared to the One Who has created all and can do anything!

Sara's Mom is right, as ever...;)

You're all in my thoughts and prayers -- stay SAFE, safe journeys, and hope you are able to get good healthy plants. Love and Purrs from Jamaka and fams (OO^^) <3

Anonymous said...

Dear DAD,
Charity you extend to us each day. Today we witness your faith and hope. The terrible, terrible storm destroyed your lovely plants and from your spiritual side, you knew that Stanley may have some tomatoes and that you can start anew - a wonderful lesson for us all. Blessings on you, Mary and Prince. From Cam 1 and 3, I can see that the sun is shining and that the fury is gone. Mary's poem is tender and lovely. Aloha from.....Sara's aunt