Friday, April 15, 2011

Dad's Friday Entry Two Thousand Two Hundred Seventy Seven

" The way of the cross leads home"



Good Morning.


Can it be Friday already, time is sure going fast, and I am not making very good use of the short time that I have left. I had better wake up and do something useful before I leave this fading scene. One of our hymns says " Change and decay in all around I see , Oh thou who changes not abide with me "


Recipes


Tomato Pie Made with Alabama grown tomatoes.


1 unbaked pie shell 2 large tomatoes (sliced, salted, peppered, and floured) 1 small onion, thinly sliced 1/2 bell pepper, thinly sliced 1 tsp. Italian seasoning 4 oz. mixed vegetables (fresh or canned) 1 can cream of mushroom soup 1 cup grated cheese Directions Layer in order in pie crust, except cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Top with cheese. Let stand about 10 minutes. Serve with your favorite salsa and salad!


This tomato pie recipe sent to me by Vicki, my special friend who lives in Birmingham, Ala- DAD.


I thought this was a cute video. A man sings a song, and the puppies all settle down to sleep: http://youtu.be/jCnAjel02lM Sara



Thank you Sara, that is so cute, I do appreciate all that you send me, it is a great help in me being able to write this journal. Dad


I always like to show you an example of what is there in the side panel for you to use, and there is lots more that are being edited each day so you can easily find what you want to see. Here they are below.


Record Relics


Sara's Dog Training


Shooting My Universe


Granddaddy


Tomato Casual


Weather


You may have noticed in the label for this post I said " save your eggs " now you may not know what that means to me, when I was a little boy many years ago we were raised in a happy but poor home. My mother had a few chickens that she kept and she sold the eggs to help buy other things, and just a few days before Easter she would save the the eggs to color and hide them for her happy children to search for. Oh what fun we had. Dad


Oh what a difference in the lives of our young people today. Dad.


I wish that I could stay and visit you a little longer, but I must get out of here and try to earn at least the salt that goes in my bread.


I am feeling good enough to even Smile this morning, I do hope to see you in the early morning,


BYE BYE DAD

3 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

Good Morning Dad ~ I hope you have many more years to share you blog with us ~ we would be lost without you here ~ Ally x

Sara said...

Yay! It's Friday, and after work today, I'm on Spring break. It will be a crazy day (and long day) at school. We are all ready for the much needed break, then we come back well rested to prepare our kids for their final exams!

Have a good weekend Dad!

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince Charming:

Oh, Dad, you DO earn it and then some, by sharing your wisdom and stories and pictures with us! That Tomato Pie recipe sounds amazing ;)

We used to sell our eggs, too, as I don't eat eggs -- they didn't make much but the recipients really enjoyed fancy organic eggs in blue, green and brown! They were beautiful.

Just heard from my aunt in TX -- she's growing Plumbagos ;)

Wishing you all a good weekend, with safe journeys and love and PURRS from Jamaka and fams <3