Saturday, June 11, 2011

DADS SATURDAYS ENTRY THREE THOUSAND NINETY NINE


Good Morning.
....

Good Morning, DAD,
It is a bit early for you and Joan to enter your tomatoes, but I thought it would please you to learn that the local farmers are now growing good tomatoes and getting the neighbors interested in their fine produce. My mouth is watering just thinking of the Fried Green Tomatoes. Have a good day. Aloha. Sara's aunt

....
Click on the link below and enjoy. Dad.
.
http://haleiwafarmersmarket.com/news/?p=712
....

Very Good!Dad's Salsa
....
1 medium green pepper, chopped2 celery ribs, chopped1 small onion, chopped1 medium carrot, chopped1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced1/2 cup water1/2 cup tomato sauce1/3 cup tomato paste3 garlic cloves, minced1 tablespoon lemon juice1/4 teaspoon pepperTortilla chips.
....

...
...If you have any questions concerning these books down below just write Helen, vweals4403@comcast.net and I will answer any questions. We will have pictures of the two books in the side panel up at the top very soon . You may click on them and see some interesting things.
....
The price of these books are $ 12.00 each, plus shipping and handling.
....
I now have a copy of the "Legends of Cades Cove in my hands, These books would make excellent Xmas gifts, Birthday gifts or Graduation gifts and would be interesting to students, just send me your list and I will do the rest.
vweals4403@comcast.net. Checks , Money Orders, Credit Cards accepted.
....
More from Dad This link will tell you more about the books that Helen is offering you'. DAD.
....
....LEARN BIRD SONGS . ....This is a link above that I like very much and I spend a little time there each day listing to many bird songs, it helps you know what bird you are hearing. I recommend it and it is free, only one smile. Join me some day on the patio. Dad.
....
I wish that I did not have to write this, but it does take money to keep every thing going on, without it every thing would come to a screching halt .
....
This is why I am selling advertising space is this Journal, and I think it is priced right, $ 1.00 per day will give you all the space that you need to show your company name and any product that you have, and it is read in over 100 countries of this world. Your money back if you are not satisfied. DAD.
....
Write Dad at white6416r@aol.com and you will be listed today, no deposits or long contracts to sign. DAD.
....

Todays weather report. 6/11/11
Partly cloudy, chance of a thunderstorm. Hot and humid. High 32C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Scattered clouds with the possibility of an isolated thunderstorm developing during the afternoon. Hot and humid. High 91F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
....

Dad smiles with predictions like the above. My tomato plants are doing good, they are loaded with blooms and small tomatoes are showing up, maybe I will get to enjoy a good home grown tomato after all. SMILE
....
PRAYER.
I met God in the morning,
When my day was at its best;
And his presence came like sunrise,
With a glory in my breast.

All day long the Presence lingered,
All day long he stayed with me;
And we sailed in perfcct calmness,
O'er a very troubled sea.

Other ships were blown and battered,
Other ships were sore distressed,
But the wind that seemed to drive them,
Brought to us both peace and rest.

Then I thought of other mornings,
With a keen remorse of mind,
When I , too, had loosed the moorings,
With the Presence left behind.

So I think I know the secret,
Learned from many a troubled way .
You must seek him in the morning,
If you want him through the day

....
As you know tomorrow is my rest day, I will not be writing but I will be around home all day. But look out for me early monday morning, I don't know yet what I will have but I will come up with something by then.

....
Mary and I are planing on being in our Sunday morning meeting, and then possibly a snack in Dad's kitchen, unless someone invites us to do something else.
....
As usual I am not closing this until this afternoon, something new might come in.
But I am saying
....
BYE BYE DAD any way.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Well, I survived another school year! Yea!

Last night, Jeff & I met my mom/dad and aunt/uncle at a local Polish Festival. I had kielbasa, pierogis, and borsht. It was all delicious!

Today, is a rainy day, but we'll be heading out to a dog class (Inside) this afternoon. Should be fun for both dogs. Chewy likes going anywhere that has dogs for him to meet. He just loves dogs.

Have a good Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Good morning DAD...

We are driving west through heavy rains. It Ian't pleasant now but once it clears tomorrow we should have blue skies, blue water and lots of time to relax on the shores of Seneca Lakes. Today we will stop at an Amish market for some tasty treats to bring to the lake house.

Another good thing about this rain...I don't have to worry about my tomato plants which are doing so much better this year. I might even grew an award winning tomato. Our local farmer's market was to open today...too, too wet...maybe next week. Like you I want a tomato sandwich and some fried green tomatoes and homemade salsa.

Have a peaceful weekend with maybe a trip to an ice cream stand.
...Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

HI DAD,
With all the talk of tomatoes, we just had to go to the KCC Farmers Market this morning and have Fried Green Tomatoes. Fortuantely, we were early or maybe it was the rain, but the line was only about 15-man deep. The wait was well worth it. By the time, we got served, I had closed my unbrella and was digging in my bag for my sun hat. I hope the sun came out this afternoon for my sisters holidaying at Senaca Lake. Enjoy the pretty yellow flowers in your garden. They won't last too long, as their mission is to introduce the juicy red fruit to follow. Have a good day tomorrow with family and friends at your Prayer Meeting. Aloha...Sara's aunt