Picture by Mary.
I am sure that you remember me telling you about Boyd my S.C. friend. When I went to the door yesterday afternoon look what the postman handed me. I will show you the other side of the cup further down. Thanks Boyd.
"Time is so precious-do not waste it."
"The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal."
I hope that all of you are feeling well this morning, I am feeling a lot better since I have slowed down just a little.
I am going to get our tea and coffee ready because I know that the most of us needs one or the other every morning. Have a seat I will be right back.
Everything is ready, I have done my part now it's time for you to do something for me, I need a big smile out of you as you drink your tea or coffee with me. And we must make up our minds to be cheerful, and kind to all that we are with today. and we can make it a brighter day by smiling a lot.
A few of you have asked me why I did not appear on the Cam more often, and wave and smile at you well I am going to try. I may not have my necktie on, just my usual work clothes, and don't expect to see my old grey hair to be combed every time.
Here are the times that I am going to try and be out there. Rain or shine. Dad.
Each morning 9 a.m. and 12 noon.
In the afternoon, 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
This will just be a quick run by, I will try to smile and wave at you, it will at least let you know that I am still plodding on. It will take about 5 minuets of your time. Dad...
These times my be changed when I am unable tobe there. The times quoted are EasternDaylight Time. If you would want to call me, I will have my cell phone with me. 865-850-5763.
I recevied a few calls yesterday, it was fun, do it again. Dad.
BIELEFELD, NORDRHEIN-WESTFALEN (GERMANY)
QUELUZ, LISBOA (PORTUGAL)
Picture by Mary.
This is the picture on the other side of the cup that Boyd sent me.
This link above will take you to an interesting Journal. Dad.
By Kira Hamman
Around now, things in the garden are starting to look at littlescraggly.
Despite my best efforts, and the best efforts of the four hens I have not yet confined to the pasture, the Japanese beetles have had their way with the chard and spinach.
The hot days/cool nights cycle has taken its toll on the cucumbers, peppers, and eggplants.
The potatoes have been dug and those hens, instead of focusing their energy on thebeetles, are busy using the potato bed as a dust hole. The winter squash are signaling their readiness for harvest by making their vines go brown and wrinkly practically overnight.
And yes, even the tomatoes are fading. Read the rest of this entry »
Picture by Mary.
I don't think that I have to introduce this lady to you, I think that you have met her before. Dad.
Picture by Vicki from her own yard

7 comments:
Dad, thanks for mentioning my journal. It was great to hear you and Mary yesterday on the phone. I will try and call again sometime. I missed you twice yesterday on the cam, but I will try again today. I like the cup you got from Boyd. Princess sure looks happy with her mouse. Linda
I like that cup Boyd gave you. It is beautiful. I am glad that you got some phone calls yesterday to brighten your day. I just checked your cam and saw some birds at the feeders. We haven't seen Princess in a while. Glad that she is doing good. Have a nice day today along with Mary and Princess. Hugs to you all, Helen
Hello Dad, the coffee cup is great! Wonderful gift for you. Have agreat day. Linda
What a thoughtful gift from Boyd. I know you are very proud of it. I am glad you had a safe trip to and from Georgia. Take care, Sheila
What an amazingly thoughtful gift from Boyd Dad. :) That has to make you smile BIG! :) I am sitting here and I am waiting on 4 o'clock so I can see you come to the cam and wave! See you soon, then I am headed outside for some sunshine and fun with the animals. The emus have their new pool set up and I want to see if I cant get them to use it and take some pictures. See you tomorrow morning! Love, Kelly
More beautiful pictures, Dad -- thanks for bringing many SMILES to me today! I love Ms. Vicki's beautiful pink rose, and seeing your birdfeeders and fountain in your yard! That mug your friend sent you brought a tear to me -- but smiles to you, I hope! What a thoughtful present!
But you know my favorite picture of the day, don't you? ;)
My best to you all, and big PURRS to the prettiest fluffy girl in Tennessee! ^^
That was such a sweet gift Boyd sent you!! Princess is such a pretty cat!!!
Hollie
Post a Comment