Monday, May 10, 2010

MONDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY-FOUR

From Jim: "How's this for 2 big crappie. The biggest was 15 inches, and the other was over 14 inches. We caught only 6 keepers, but the size was good. I'm safe at home. Love, Jim"
.
Mary and I are proud of Jim, he is my son and her brother and he writes Tennessee Granddaddy six days each week. DAD.
.
My mood for today 5/10 /10 is Happy....
.
"Time is so precious-do not waste it.".
.
." Wasted years will come again no more"
.

Too bad it is a rainy weekend in Albany. This is Tulip Festival Weekend and there are over 200,000 tulips in bloom in Washington Park. Albany was settled by the Dutch and every year the city is alive with Dutch Tulips. The streets are scrubbed by girls in dutch costumes to begin the event. I thought you might enjoy this video showing many of the different varieties and colors of tulips. If it were sunny I'd be there taking my own photos. Joan
.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewSpHRMS0-c&feature=player_embedded

.
YOU MUST SEE THIS!
http://www.whc.net/rjones/USN/USN_team.html
. .
We were talking a few days ago about starting a rose Album for you to have a place to show off your beautiful roses. So Mary and I got busy yesterday afternoon and completed the job. The link Dad's Rose Garden Album below will take you there, I will be talking to you more about my plans for the album soon. Click and enjoy. DAD .
.
. DAD'S ROSE GARDEN ALBUM 2010 ( For a much better view please use the slide show, and click on any picture that you want to view larger, THANKS, Dad. ). .
.
Now I am waiting on you to send me your Rose pictures, it is a good rose year and you all should have some beautiful ones. Don't let Dad down. Let's have fun and take time to " Stop and smell the roses.

.Life's book

No matter what else you are doing
From cradle days to the end,
You are writing your life's story,
Each day is another day penned.
Each month ends a 30 day chapter,
Each year is the end of a part.
And never an act is mis-stated,
Or ever one's wish from the heart.
Each day when you wake the book opens,
Revealing a page clean and white
.
What thoughts, what words, what doings
Will cover that page by tonight?
God leaves it to you, you're the writer
And never a word shall grow dim
Till the day you write the word finished
And turn back your life's book to Him.

Sent to me by John M. Thanks John that is good. DAD.

.

. Eagle Web Cam

. You should check on these Eaglets, they are growing so fast, I am not sure how much longer they will be here. They were banded a few days ago.

. To visit Misty and Oreo Click here!.'

You will be glad that you did, Sara will give you the latest news on our two Shelties. Dad.

.

..//weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920..

.

Today..4/10/10
Afternoon showers. High 21C. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Mostly sunny this morning. A few showers developing during the afternoon. High 71F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

.The link above will show you the Tennessee Valley weather. Add your zip code and get your own .

.

. .DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1.

. .DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2.

. DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3.

. Shooting My Universe. .

.

.Here below is the link that you must see if you want to be producing good home grown tomato Sandwiches. Be sure and read it all all the way to the bottom, you will be glad that you did. There are many things here about end rot, blight and the generally ask question about producing tomatoes. And I would recommend that you look at the good advice right below, I do and I am well pleased After you look this over I would like to hear from you Dad

Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page..

ORDER Biota Max™ NOW!.

..DAD's Special - Biota Max Soil Probiotic1 tablet - 1/4 acre home pack - DAD's Special $5.85 4 tablets - 1 acre home pack- DAD's Special $19.95 20 tablets -5 acre pack- DAD's Special $99..

.Please add referral code DAD to your order.

I hardly know when to stop on Monday morning, but I am going to stop now for a little while and have a cup of that good strong Starbucks. I wish that it was possible for you to sit here by me.

I hope to be here again in the morning. I will have my thought for today a little later today.

And I might tell you about an experience we had while doing our grocery shopping last week,

" BE GOOD."

BYE BYE DAD
Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Dad! I will be sorting though pictures to find some roses to send to you.
I hope you and Mary are doing well. I can't wait to hear about the trip to the grocery store!
Have a good day and don't work too hard!
I love you,
Vicki in Birmingham

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

This morning it is sunny but the winds are strong, about 25mph. So I'll work indoors today, after taking a coffee break with you. You have a lot of really good stuff for us to view and read today.

I hope all your bloggers will spend 3 minutes watching that amazing, awesome video of the US Navy Ceremonial Drill Team.

Or take the time to smell the tulips in Washington Park.

Life's Book is a good one. I especially like the lines you posted in "red"..
"Each day when you wake the book opens,
Revealing a page clean and white".
Once when my grandson was having a really,really bad day, yelling and being angry. To calm him, I told him that somewhere it was the beginning of a new day, let's close our eyes and pretend we are there. When we open our eyes it will be a new day and we can start fresh and make it a good day. It worked on a 6 year old and we had a wonderful day!

Hope those afternoon showers gently water your gardens. Enjoy the day. ...Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

GOOD OLD TOMATOS - - - THEY ARE USED TO ENHANCE SO MANY DISHES. sam

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you had a good weekend and enjoying your coffee as usual this Monday. I'm getting my 2nd cup now. Have a great Monday!

Lainey Laine said...

I had a tomato sandwich today, it was yummy!! xxxxxx

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

That is a beautiful poem you share with us! and so are your friend Steve's pictures of white violets. We have purple ones here, and lots of beautiful roses in just about every color. Wishing you and Ms. Mary a beautiful afternoon. I'm thinking about another cup of coffee. Love from Jamaka and fams