Saturday, May 22, 2010

SATURDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED FIFTY FIVE

It won't be long now untill we will have plenty of tomatoes. We are having perfect weather for good and fast growth. It is going to be a lot easier to smile when I can bite into that bacon, lettuce tomato sandwich. Dad.
.

Good Morning.

My mood for today 5/22/10 is Happy.

.."Time is so precious-do not waste it."

. " Wasted years will come again no more "

Go visit Misty and Oreo Click here!

Sara the pictures that you have been showing us are so good, and what good news that we have been hearing keeps us SMILING. Thanks so much. Dad.
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3.
.
Here below is the link that you must see if you want to be producing good home grown tomato Sandwiches. You will find a lot about end rot & blight.

Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page.

( Please do not miss this link right up above. Dad.) .
.
.
..DAD's Special - Biota Max Soil Probiotic1 tablet - 1/4 acre home pack - DAD's Special $5.85 4 tablets - 1 acre home pack- DAD's Special $19.95 20 tablets -5 acre packDAD's Special $99. .
.
Please add referral code DAD to your order.
.
Dad appreciates the orders that you are giving me, I am sure that you will be satisfied with Biota Max. It has done wonders for me. In the picture at the top is an example of what Biota Max can do for you. Why wait any longer to try it out for yourself.


We need to see what the eagles are doing this morning, Click on Eagle Web Cam and it will take you right up to their nest.
.
Tomato Casual
.
By Amelia Tucker
.
A chutney is a richly seasoned condiment from India.
Chutneys go well with meats, hot or cold dishes or a light supper of bread, chutney and cheeses.
The end of the season, green tomatoes make a delicious chutney that is simple but delicious. The jars are beautiful and make a wonderful gift .This recipe makes about 6 half pint jars. Please do not double recipe as unsatisfactory results may occur.

.
4 lbs green tomatoes2 medium onions1 and 1/2 green apples, peel and core1 cup golden raisins1 tsp salt1/2 tsp ground red pepper-may add more if you want it hotter1 tsp allspice1 tsp curry-may increase to taste1 cup brown sugar2 cups cider vinegar
Coarsely chop first three ingredientsIn a saucepan, add chopped tomatoes, apples and onion. Add all other ingredients, stir to mix wellSimmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour until chutney is thick, stirring to avoid burning

.
Ladle into jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace Process 10 minutes in boiling water bathLet set for 1 month minimum for flavor to develop
Enjoy!





Here above is your Viteo again. I hope that you enjoy it as much as you did yesterday, I had comments from some far away places. We all need to have more 5 minuet breaks during the day. The day will go better and I know that there will be more smiles around us. Dad..

Here is my thought for the weekend,
.
" Whefore my beloved brethern, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath."
.
James chapter 1 verse 19

This is ll all untill Monday morning.

BYE BYE DAD
Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope your weekend is a wonderful one !

Joan said...

Good Morning...

I am smiling and very happy this morning. Today is tomato planting day. I hope in 4 weeks I will be able to send you a photo of a tomato plant looking as wonderful as the one you posted today.

I am on my 3rd run of the water fountain video. It is so nice to read and write on your blog to such a calm, peaceful sound.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I appreciate your link to Casual Tomato. It is a fun site with lots of tomato tidbits and ideas. I like the idea of having theme food for movie night...like eating fried green tomatoes while watching the movie Fried Green Tomato. The article also tells about the origin of fried green tomatoes. Thanks for the link. Now I am off to plant my own tomatoes.

You and Mary have a wonderful weekend. See you on Monday. ...Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi DAD,
My mouth is watering! Your tomato is a beauty.
I hope Joan jots down the recipe for Green Tomato Chutney. Yummy! The fountain is a joy to listen to. Planting tomatoes and watching them grow is joy, as well. Enjoy tomorrow with Mary and friends at your Sunday Meeting. May you be blessed. Aloha, Sara's aunt.

Karen A. Cooke said...

Hi Uncle Ray,
That tomato looks great - it won't be long before you'll be slicing it for your sandwich! I did not get to plant any tomato plants this year, but am enjoying watching yours grow. Love to you and Mary, Karen

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Yes, chutneys add excitement and flavor to many dishes -- let me know what you think if you make some, won't you? ;)

The eaglets are looking good today -- almost ready to fledge, I would guess. Maybe they will fly to your fountain?

Have a wonderful weekend. Love from Jamaka and fams