Thursday, October 27, 2011

DAD'S THURSDAY ENTRY THREE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED SEVENTEEN

TIME IS so precious -do not waste it

 

Hello to my good friends everywhere,

Well, my completed Blog Entry for today was online early this morning until about 9 a.m. and then "Poof!" It vanished. So here I am back again at nearly 2:30 p.m. writing today's entry again. I know it was on for a while because before I left for my Hyperbaric therapy, I had gotten several comments.

Below is some more information about the therapy I am receiving for my foot problem.

   Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

What is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is a mode of medical treatment that allows a patient to breathe 100% oxygen while sitting comfortably in a chamber at pressures greater than normal atmospheric (sea level).

The air we breathe is 21% oxygen, 79% nitrogen and minor amounts of other gases. Our bodies are usually able to heal themselves with a normal oxygen level, but in certain conditions extra oxygen is required. During hyperbaric (“hyper” means increased and “baric” relates to pressure) therapy, the pressure is increased to 2 - 3 times that of sea-level and you breathe 100% oxygen. The breathing of pure oxygen under pressure causes a much larger (10-15 times normal) amount of oxygen to be dissolved in the blood and, subsequently, the rest of the body. The extra oxygen is used by the body in many ways. Depending on the underlying problem, the actions can include improved wound healing by reduction of swelling, infection control and the stimulation of new blood vessel growth. The increase of oxygen in the blood allows for medical conditions such as non-healing diabetic wounds to heal when they otherwise would not.

What conditions are typically treated with Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?


Common medical conditions treated with HBOT include chronic, non-healing diabetic foot wounds, compromised skin grafts/flaps, chronic bone infection and bone/tissue injury resulting from radiation therapy.

What is a typical treatment plan?

Hyperbaric treatments are 2 hours long, and are performed on a daily basis, for 6 days per week. The necessary number of treatments is decided on an individual basis, but typically 4 to 7 weeks of treatments are required for the desired healing to occur.

Information above from pamphlet "A Patient's Guide to Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy"

"I am currently receiving the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy And I am very pleased with the help I am receiving. I highly recommend Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy."  ...Ray White

Thursday's Weather, October 27, 2011

Today

Showers possible. High 17C. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Cloudy with occasional rain showers. High 64F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

An E-Mail Alert sent to me from NeoWORX.net.


Congratulations! You just had your first visitor from Netherlands Antilles.



Visit Netherlands Antilles on Wikipedia

Favorite Links

Some of you have asked me to post this poem again,written by my daughter, Mary.

 

Snowflakes and Dear Ones©

Gentle snowflakes fall upon me,

Melting fast upon my face,

There’s no way that I can keep them,

If in my heart they have no place.

Very fragile, very special,

Are these snowflakes from the sky

They remind me of my dear ones,

As they gracefully flutter by.

Scarcely do I see their beauty,

Barely do their rare imprints

Fix themselves upon my fingers,

Till I’m wondering where they went.

In this world so temporary,

Filled with ephemeral things,

Surely everything is fleeting,

Flying ‘way on speeding wings.

Like the snowflakes that are melting,

When they touch my skin so warm,

Yes, myself, my friends, my family,

We’re on that solemn journey home.

Snowflakes can’t be kept in bottles,

You can’t grasp them as they fly,

You just have to dearly love them,

As they slowly flutter by.

We cannot keep what can’t be held,

And just as snowflakes disappear,

Often on life’s lonely landscape

We’re deprived of what is dear.

Yet no one really leaves us,

Though we’re far, so far apart,

As long as we believe in snowflakes,

And keep them always in our hearts.

By Mary L White

©

Now I need to do something very important, and I think most of you will agree with me that it is important for ol' Dad. Can you guess what it is?  You're right.  Get a little nap. I think Prince will think it's a good idea for him, too.  Don't you?

PrinceCharming1

I might come back later today, but if not hope to see you Friday A.M. if my life is spared. Sending my Love to you.

BYE     BYE     DAD

                             

5 comments:

betty said...

HI DAD,
I just got back from emailing Joan. I told her that at 4AM your Thursday blog was up and at 2PM it was gone. Before I closed the computer, I thought, let me check once more. Voila, here you are! There computers could drive us crazy but of course, we won't let any bug scare us. Mary's poem is lovely. It is true that life is a fleeting moment and we must not waste a precious moment, as you always say. The snowflake image makes me smile. Thank you for reprinting it. Thank you, Mary for sharing it. Your poem is one to read again and again. Aloha for HI....Sara's aunt

Joan said...

Good Afternoon DAD...

What a relief to know you are okay and it was only a computer glitch!

Mary's poem is so, so lovely. And as I read it, it was snowing outside my window. A bit too early but it visually adds to Mary's words.

You must be nearing the end of the recommended HBOT. You won't miss the 2 hours with your head covered while in a chair but you will miss the people who have laughed with you and treated you so kindly. And, they will miss you.

I think I hear Prince purring as he sleeps beside you. Sweet dreams. ...Sara's Mom

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad to see your entry for today finally come through. I was wondering what happened to it. Today was a good day for a nap. It was raining and cold outside. Take good care!

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince:

Prince always has the best ideas ;)

That is very interesting information about the HBOT! It is also used in the treatment of burn survivors' skin, I know. Some years back, out here in L.A., there were O2 cafes where people went to breathe pure oxygen. I have never been to one, but those who enjoyed them seemed to derive a lot of beneficial effects from them.

It sounds like you are having some nice early Autumn weather. We are, too, finally! Wishing you all a good evening and sending love and PURRS from Jamaka and fams <3

Anonymous said...

1, generic tetracycline,