Friday, October 28, 2011

DADS FRIDAYS ENTRY THREE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED EIGHTEEN

Begin the Day with God, go through the day with God, conclude the day with God.

There is never a wrong time to do a right thing. Dad.

Good Morning

My mood is Happy again today, I hope that it will remain that way all this day.

I hope that you will agree with me that I should go very slow this morning after all of my troubles yesterday, typing and trying your best to produce just one smile for a few hours, and then see it all go up in black smoke. I do not know who to thanks or should I say blame for this, maybe old Dad, he is to blame for a lot that happens here, but he can't help it he is old and very near then end of the journey 98 plus years, I know that you will understand, you always have in the past

Be low is the weather report at Dads Tomato Garden this morning at 3:20 A.M.Is that to early for you, not for me, I like to get an early start, because it takes a long time for me to get started doing nothing.

Today

Cloudy with rain. High 11C. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near 12mm.

Rain likely. High 53F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a half an inch.

 

Favorite Links

I am not going to say anything about business or money this week , That will soon pass away, there are things more valuable than money . Have you found that out yet. DAD

I am feeling good this morning I have " No complaints" I just need to get that two hour oxygen Therapy over, get home and into my work clothes then I will feel comfortable . Now don't get me wrong I would rather miss my dinner as to miss this Therapy, I can't explain the good that I am receiving. But I am sorry that all this early work is hard on Mary, you all know Mary I could not do anything without her. Thanks Mary. DAD

How to make a good speech, be Sincere , Be Brief and be seated. DAD

and I like this one -

" People who are resting on their laurels are wearing them on the wrong end. DAD

I want to give credit to " A Fathers Book for the two right above.

This is enough for today, I want to say this before I run away.

I have talked to you a lot about telling  some one every day that you love them, now husbands this is for you, before you leave for work please tell your wife that you Love her, You never know what those word will do for your future. Dad.

Something just came to me  when LaVerne and I were first married she packed a little bag lunch for me every day, and wrapped in one of those sandwiches was a little note which said " I love you" sweet memories.

BYE     BYE     DAD

 

3 comments:

Sara said...

What sweet memories you shared with us this morning.Little things do mean a lot.

OUr students sat thru an assemblythis week with a similar message...start a chain reaction of kindness. I was so impressed with the students' behaviorduring the assembly. I think they got the message.

Hope you have a good day. We have snow here! It is so pretty.

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

There is snow on the ground and sunshine coming through the windows.. a lovely sight!

Mary certainly is a wonderful daughter and caregiver. She has her own aches and pains and it must be so difficult for her to get up and ready to be out the door early. But there she is, ready and waiting, even on a rainy day. I hope she gets to take an afternoon nap with Prince once in awhile. Mary we love you.

I have read your Memoirs several times and I think it may be time to read them again. It is interesting to learn about the boy behind this wise man we call DAD, who gives us quotes from the Father's Book of Wisdom and other good advise.

Have a wonderful day. ..Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet, soft, warm, sunny-coated Prince:

Your friend Joan is absolutely right! ;) Hope you are all snug indoors and enjoying the blessing of the rain. How I love the Autumn weather! especially the nights, because more cats curl up on the bed when it's cold ;)

Our lives certainly are full of challenges these days -- those sweet memories of yours undoubtedly give you a lot of strength to endure, as mine do me, too. Wishing you all a good, safe weekend and safe journeys, and sending love and PURRS from Jamaka and fams<3