Good Morning
There is something that I want you to read before you read this entry in my journal this morning. right down below are two entries that I did not write, one is by my son Jim and the other by my daughter Mary. I did not know that there were going to do this. It all happened after I went to my bed last night. I want to thank both of them, they are so good to me .And have been since the day that they were born. DAD.
Do you think that a cup of our coffee might settle me down, it and the tea are both ready and waiting on us, come on in and sit a little while with me. And I will tell you about a lot more birthday wishes that I have received, as of right now I think that the most distant place has been from Vietnam. Thanks to all of you. I deeply appreciate every one of them.
By Kira Hamman
This is a bona fide question asked of me by a fellow gardener who is growing Green Zebras for the first time this year.
And it’s understandable; when you grow red tomatoes, you know they’re ripebecause, well, they turn red.
Even the pink, orange, and yellow varieties cooperatively change color to let you know it’s harvest time. But what about the ones that stay green?
Luckily, even green tomatoes change color when they’re ripe, going from that familiar unripe-tomato color (which is Read the rest of this entry »
Time is so precious-do not waste it. © 2008 by Ray F White.
"The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal.
1 cup brown sugar, dark
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
2 large eggs
3 cups flour, all-purpose
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups tomatoes ripe, peeled
1/2 cup nuts chopped
1/2 cup dates chopped
1/2 cup raisins, seedless chopped
Mix cream sugar and shortening.
Add eggs.
Add sifted dry ingredients, mixing well.
Stir in tomatoes, nuts, dates, and raisins.
Put into greased and floured 9x inch baking pan.
Bake in preheated 350'F oven for 35 minutes or until cake tests done.
Frost with cream cheese frosting.
Purchase Knob In the east.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM In Dad's back yard. See the birds and watch Dad work.
( If you have any problem viewing Dad's cam just send me an email and I will help you. white6416r@aol.com DAD. )
Yesterday I noticed that someone in Nigeria, Africa was reading ourjournal. You can see that by looking at the visitors map. We appreciate these readers so much, and we hope that we can bring a smile to your face. Dad.
This is all that I can say right now, I may be back later in the day when I come to myself, if you look at the cam today DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM you may see me, even though it is my birthday I am going to do a few things out there today. DAD.
I will tell you about my gifts later.
Please READ THE REST OF DAD'S journal. just click and it will take you there.

34 comments:
Dear Dad ~ how lovely Jim and Mary put those entries in your Journal ~ they I know both love you dearly ~ but you have lots more people who love you too ~ me being one of them ~ So today on your 95th Birthday I wish you everything you wish for yourself ~ have a wonderful Blessed day ~ Ally xx
Dad I made an entry honoring your Birthday on one of Magic Smoke's page in the call for support section. Love to you, Helen
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/call-for-support/
Happy Birthday Dad, I hope it is a wonderful day, filled with love, happiness and of course lots of smiles!!! Linda
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU DAD!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!! I'm sending a big smile :) & a big HUG!!!!
Love ya,
Hollie
A very Happy Bithday to you , I just came over to wish you happy birthday at Helen 's suggestion(My Every day life Madcobug),what a great journal ,I will be back I have put you on my alerts ,I too write a journal if you care to visit ...have a lovely day ..love Jan xx http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeadie05/Serendipity/
Good morning DAD!!!!
Happy Birthday to you! May your day be as bright as the sun above!!!
Hugs and love to you!!!
Joyce
Happy Birthday! May your day be as fabulous as you..........
d
Dad, I would like to wish you a very Happy Birthday! Linda
Today is going to be an extra special good day...I'll be thinking of you today and smiling ear to ear!
Happy Birthday (again!)
Love,
Nancy
Happy birthday, Dad!
Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink
Have a WONDERFUL day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
~Mary
95!!! Wow! Happy Birthday Dad!!! I only wish we could be there to help you celebrate. Have an incredible day, kick back and reflect on the past 95 years...what a gift that is in itself!
Take care!
With love,
Vicki in Birmingham
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!
Today is for you a special one so, really I hope for you all the best!!
Sara from Italy
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!! I hope you have a wonderful day of celebration.
Kat
www.primalucephotos.com
Happy Birthday, Dad!
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason
A very happy and healthy birthday to you. May you have many more.
Jimmy
Dad,
Happy Birthday greetings to you on this beautiful day. Reading your journal gave me the confidence to start my own. It is a pleasure to pop in for a cup or coffee and a smile. I hope you don't get too much rain from the storm.
Best wishes, David
I wish you a very happy birthday! Enjoy your day!
Beth
Dad; just came over to wish you a Happy Birthday!! wishing you awesome day!!!
betty from Southern California :)
What beautiful entries from your children. They have been blessed with a wonderful father. We have been blessed to get to know you through your journal. I hope you have the best Birthday ever!!! Happy Birthday Dad, Love, Sheila
Happy Birthday Dad. Enjoy your day. Bill
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JANE IN ALABAMA
SURE DO WISH YOU THE HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS, DAD!!! And if you're out working in your yard, I know you're happy because you love being out in nature and among all your bird and other friends there. I would, too! ;)
Hope there's a special birthday dinner coming your way, followed by some fantastic CAKE and ICE CREAM or whatever is your pleasure. Have a GREAT one, and know that people are wishing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY all over the world!
Best to you, Ms. Mary, and the beautiful Princess, to whom we send big PURRS ^^
Good afternoon dear Dad :)
I have been gone since Friday and I missed your birthday. I want to wish you a belated Happy Birthday and I am going to have to catch up and see what is going on with you. I know you have so many friends and family that love you very much, myself included and I know it was a wonderful birthday for you. You are a very special person and you make a big impact on a lot of people, a very positive one. Thankyou for being you. :) Love you bunches, Kelly
DAD, CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR MANY GOOD WORKS INCLUDING CHRISTIANITY. sam
Wishing you a very HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY.
I hope that you had a wonderful day with your family & friends, may you have many more
hugs Jayne
London.England
Just wanted to come over and say "Happy Birthday" to you!!!
Nancy is sending over happy Birthday Wishes to Dad!
Ann:)
Happy Birthday ! I hope your special day was a great one ! 'On Ya' - ma
Happy Birthday Dad!!!
I hope you are having a great day!!
Linda :)
Hope you had a WONDERFUL day today, Dad!!! Happy, Happy Birthday with many more happy ones ahead!!
Joann
Happy Birthday from one blogger to another :o)
I am thrilled to be wishing you a happy birthday, Sir! I hope you have had a wonderful day.
Donna
Dust Bunny Protector
Happy Birthday Dad, I read you every day, I dont comment but I sure do look forward to our cup of coffee together. Thanks for being a part of our lives.
Sue
Post a Comment