( In the two pictures above it looks like that I am asleep, I am not really, it was the bright sun that was shining in my eyes, Dad, )
.
Good Morning..
.
Time is so precious-do not waste it...
.
.The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal...
.
The first thing that I want us to do is go to the Eagle Web Cam and let it take us right up to the nest and see how they are doing this morning, It has been very interesting the last few days to just watch them grow. Please don't miss them and also show them to your children. I did not get to see them any time yesterday, I was very busy all day. I do hope to find them well when the sun comes up.
.
There are lots more things things for you to see over in my side panel, you can see for one Tennessee Granddaddy , and he will always make you think and smile. and the eagles and a lot more interesting things are there. DAD.
.
.This book "Call Me Dad." makes a nice gift for any Dad, new or old. I am a 95+ great grand Pa and I ordered one of the books and I am enjoying it, it brings back so many sweet memories of the time when Jim and Mary were babies. To read more about the book and how to order one go over to the side panel on the right you will see the link.
.
The weather is still warm starting the morning off with another 56, the same as yesterday morning, I am not sure about the possibility of rain, but I do hope that it slows just a little for a few days.
.
It will be a few days before I get those plants above in the ground, After I get them I usually hold them for a few days before I put them in the ground, I keep them watered and in partial sun, I may be wrong about this, but I feel that it helps them to get used to the outside conditions. I will keep you posted. And it looks like that you might be able to see us do this job on my Garden Cam. We have the cable in place and only like the plugs on each end. Tennessee Granddaddy is planning to come down and help me, won't it be fun to see him work, Dad.
.
I am feeling a little better this morning, I was very busy yesterday and I think that just seeing a little accomplished helps me feel better. But I do think that a big cup of Starbucks coffee right now would give me a good start for this morning. It is ready and waiting for you. Come on in here, you are always welcome, and you my TEA drinkers I did not forget you I could never do that. DAD.
.
Here is my thought for today. It is the same one that I used yesterday.It was the only one that I could think of this morning.
.
" Cast me not off in the time of old age ; forsake me not when my strength faileth."
.
This is verse 9 of Psalm 71, the whole psalm is good.The writer of these words was speaking to God, what a great privilege we all have of going to our Heavenly Father in our deepest need.Why do I fail so many times in neglecting to do this. Dad.
.
. It is time for me to stop, I have already bothered you too much, so I want to stop while you are still my friend, I do not want to lose any friends. I do hope to see you in the early morning, let's try to be happy and content this day. Count our blessings, they are more that we realize, and I feel for myself they are more than I deserve.
.
BYE BYE DAD..
.
white6416r@aol.com.
.
865-850-5763.
.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved .



12 comments:
Good morning to you! Glad you found some "good ones" for your tomato plants. Those are pretty flowers in the first photo. I hope you have a blessed day!
Looking good Dad. I hope those other tomatoes made it through during that last cold spell. We need to go pick up a few tomato plants. Have a wonderful day. Helen
Good morning dad, happy you found some nice looking plants....cant wait for the results!
How wonderful that you got your plants. It is way to early here in the north to think of that but it will come. Our daffodils and forsythia just started blooming here this week.
Have a great day!
Good Morning Dad, I am getting ready to go get my cup of coffee! Just wanted to stop by and say hello. Hope you get the plants in the ground soon. Hopefully the rain will let up long enough for you to do that! Linda
Good morning Grandpa,
I love the pictures of you and your tomato plants. I hope Alex and I can visit this summer and taste some of your delicious tomatoes!
Love,
Mandy
Good Morning Dad,
I loved the photos of you getting your plants. Woo-Hoo! I can't wait to see them in the ground! It's raining here again this morning. (two days in a row)
Alright! Now we're talking, shopping for tomato plants...I love it. We got a couple of weeks, but May is approaching quickly and it will be time for you and Mary to come for a visit. Hopefully some of our mud will be dried up by then and we will be able to walk about and visit with all our animals. :) I have been thinking and thinking about a place to go eat, and I am just not sure...what is your favorite food? Do you like BBQ? Or how about an all you can eat catfish place? Thanks for posting the eagles each day, that always reminds me to check on them every day, and they are growing so fast! :) Love, Kelly
dad, thanks for the wonderful photos of the eagles and youngsters.
SO EDUCATIONAL FOR CHILDREN. THINKING BACK TO MY SCHOOL DAYS, BEFORE T V , LONG BEFORE CALCULATORS AND DIGITAL CAMERAS.
OF COURSE YOU TOO DAD, WENT THROUGH THOSE TIMES AND FASCINATED AS I OF THE AMAZING INVENTIONS OF PRESENT DAY.
DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECULATION OF WHAT WILL BE NEXT ? sam
Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:
It's a sleepy eaglet pile right now! They're so cute. Mama is watching over them, of course. ;)
The new plants look very healthy and that's so wise to let them acclimate. They're living beings, too, after all! and I think they're going to like living with you and producing lots of good tomatoes! ;)
It'll be great watching the progress -- I can't imagine having WebCams, but you are so tech savvy! Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Love and hugs from Jamaka and fams
Those pictures of you buying your plants makes me want to go shop for some, too! Do you plant only tomatoes, or do you plant other things, too? I bet some fresh basil would be excellent with fresh tomatoes.
Dad, I have been wondering when will be the right time to plant my tomatoes. WHat with this crazy weather we have been having here, I am afaid there may be another frost!
love ,
carlene
Post a Comment