Wednesday, April 22, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & FIFTEEN


Beautiful blue sky and white fluffy clouds


Good Morning,

Time is so precious-do not waste it.

The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal..

My great grand-daughter Mandy has started a Blog. be sure to check it out. Here is the link http://mandytdandy.blogspot.com/ The link is also listed on my side panel under Dad's Favorite Sites - it's called "It Ain't Easy Bein' Green"

http://apps.ams.usda.gov/FarmersMarkets/



The reason I made this little video was to show you how strong the wind was blowing here Tuesday in East Tennessee. The noise you hear is the wind.
And I am wondering about our eagles up in Virginia. They were doing real good the last time that I saw them late Tuesday afternoon. As soon as the sun comes up we want to go up there and look at them and see how they made it through the night`. Eagle Web Cam They are growing so fast, before we know what is happening they will be flying out of the nest, I am glad for them but I hate to see them go. I have learned a lot of lessons from just watching them.

Why do I wait so long in offering you a hot cup of Tea or Starbucks Coffee. It has been ready a long time, it seems that when I start pecking on this keyboard I forget who I am or what I am doing. Forgive me and I will try to do better.
Our weather is a little cooler here in The Tennessee Valley this morning, starting out at 3 a.m. the tempeature is 42, and the expected high is 65, and we are promised several days of sunshine, maybe my tomato garden spot will finally dry up enough so I can begin to do something that I love to do.
.
I think that both of my Cams are working this morning, look over in the side panel for the link to them, and other interesting things.
.
I am going to make this a little short this Wednesday morning. I hope that all of you around this world are getting off to a good start, but I don,t seem to be. I have not felt very good for several days, and I do feel the need to slow down just a little, somestimes I for get how many years that I have been in this world ( almost 96,) and that is because of God's mercy on me. I wan't to value His mercy more. I am going to stop here but I will be here in the morning if I can make it. Keep smiling today, even if the way is rough.
.
BYE BYE DAD
.
865-850-5763
.© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

6 comments:

Becky said...

Good morning, Dad! It sure was nice to hear your voice again in that little video... but that wind looked pretty rough. I do hope you'll get to feeling better for tomato planting time. Thanks so much for the journal... it always warms my heart.

Love, Becky

Cindi ;) said...

good morning dad! I snagged the eagle cam yesterday. I have it posted on my blog now, along with a Flamingo cam from the Smithsonian Zoo...have a great day!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Get some rest and hopefully that will help. I'm always reminding my self that I too cannot do everything I used to and I'm about 30 years younger than you. Take good care !
'On Ya'-ma

Hollie said...

Good Morning Dad,
I'm sorry you aren't feeling too well this morning. Get some rest today. I enjoyed hearing your voice on the video. That wind was really blowing hard. I'm off to check out Mandy Dandy. Have a good day!

Hugs:)

Kelly said...

Pace yourself Dad, don't try to do too much at one time. Thats my problem, then I pay for it with aches and pains later. I hope you get that pep back soon. The wind was unruly here yesterday. I couldn't do a thing, so I stayed inside most of the day. Supposed to have some warmer days coming our way, I bet that will make us both feel better. :)Love, Kelly

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Oh, Dad, so sorry to hear you've been under the weather for a few days. I know you want to get your plants in, but Kelly is right. Sometimes we just need to slow down and smell those roses before we can plant our tomatoes, yes? ;) Your Mandy's blog is a keeper! You must be very proud of her. Mama Eagle is keeping watch over her babies -- must be nice being an eaglet. Eat and sleep. Eat and sleep! ;) Love and hugs to you and Ms. Mary from Jamaka and fams