Saturday, April 25, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

Good Morning,

Three tired people and one old man who slept all through the job.


View of Dad's Tomato Garden at the end of the day, this 85 degree tempeature should make these plants grow. You may view these plants from either Cam, # 1, or # 2 that's two different views. This is not a big garden but it shows us that we all can have a garden even if it is small. We all can't be rich. I have some readers who have only 2 or 3 plants, and I will have just as much interest in helping them as if they had 100 plants. That is my purpose to help any one that I can to produce a good home grown tomato in your own back yard. Let me hear from you.

Tennessee Granddaddy

YOU MUST READ THIS ABOVE TODAY,

.

Carlene Noggle has left a new comment on your post "ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN": I got to see you watering your tomatoes Dad!!! I am so happy! I have got to get mine planted too. I only have two plants so far. They are BETTER BOYS.love ya,carlene .

I was out watering the tomatoes yesterday about 7:30 p.m. and when I came back to the office here is what Carlene had sent me. Thanks Carlene for checking on Dad.
.

Time is so precious-do not waste it.

The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal..
.

We will have several more videos to show you in the next few days. Some of them will show you a lot of action going on in the garden. It was hard work but I think that we all did enjoy the day.

Our day is starting off warm again this morning, at 3 a.m. the tempeature is 65 and it will be 85 again today, and plenty of sun.

We can't forget our eagles just because we are working in the tomato garden. Let's go up to their house and see how they are feeling. If they get very much bigger there is not going to be room for all the family to come home at the same time. Go to Eagle Web Cam and they will be glad to see you.

Dad's Tomato Garden Photo Album

.
This link above will show you what our tomato garden looked like last year 2008. We can look at it as we go along and compare this year with it, that should be interesting.
.

Why don't we have a good hot cup of Starbucks coffee or a cup of Tea, They are both ready, and I am ready fo my cup, maybe that will help me finish this blog. So you come right on in here and visit with me a little while, because I won't see you again untill Monday morning. I do hope to have some very interesting video's when I do see you. Dad.

Here is my thought for the week end.

" Casting all your care upon him, for he careth for you."

From 1st Peter chapter 5 verse 7.

Mary and I have just about the same plans every weekend, we enjoy our Sunday morning meeting, and this Sunday we will go to another meeting at 4 p.m. We have so many things to enjoy, and we are happy and content. Smile.

BYE BYE DAD.

.
white6416r@aol.com

.
865-850-5763..

.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved
Posted

12 comments:

Cindi ;) said...

Good Morning dad,

So happy your tomato plants made in the ground!!! Cheers! May your crop grow abundant!

Becky said...

Yay, I'm so glad you took some videos! I can see you were doing an excellent job as manager and overseeing the work! Good for you! You sure do have an attractive family, and you all look much younger than you are. Now we get to have some fun, watching tomatoes growing and baby eagles learning to fly! Thanks so much for the fun. Love, Becky

Lynne said...

The video was sweet, Dad! I am glad they got the garden started and look forward to seeing it grow. Sounds like you and yours will ahve a lovely weekend! God Bless!

Hollie said...

Good looking work crew. Every crew needs a good supervisor, & I think you are the man for the job. I love your set up there for relaxing while supervising your work crew.

I'm looking forward to watch your tomatoes grow. Have a good day!

Brush Strokes said...

Yeah! Glad to see those tomatoes planted! Can't wait to watch them grow. I planted 4 tomatoes in containers and know what a big job planting that many that was for everyone! I'll be watching them grow. Love ya - your niece

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad! It is so good to see you out there supervising in that comfy looking chair! Your garden looks beautiful.
Micah and I just went to Norfolk to visit with the eagles this morning. Thanks for that link. He said to tell you good morning and he sends his love.
I spent the night at his house last night...he broke his arm (2 bones-the radius and the ulna) falling off the monkey bars yesterday. The whole hospital thing was a bit harrowing but he is doing ok this morning.
Take care of yourself Dad and don't over do it in your lovely garden!
We love you,
Vicki in Birmingham

Anonymous said...

Alright, after waiting months and months the day has finally arrived to plant another tomato garden. How much better can it get. It looked to me you hired a fine looking work crew that did a great job under your management. I belive I would watch that fellow in the dark shirt, he looks like he could me a little mischievious lol. Thank you so much for sharing with us want-to-be tomato gardeners. Maybe in 30 some odd years we can be as good at gardening as you. One thing I have learned is I have two grandchildren that I might could get to plant my tomatoes and I could manage. LOL
Love you Dad,
Boyd

madcobug said...

I saw you yesterday pushing that wheelbarrow. The tomatoes are looking good. I see you have a good place to sit and watch those tomatoes grow. You and Mary have a great weekend and enjoy those church services. Helen

Ally Lifewithally said...

Mary thank you for the link ~ I really did enjoy watching it ~ Lovely to see the tomato's planted look forward to watching them growing ~ Ally xx

Carlene Noggle said...

I know I will never be as good tomato grower as you Dad, but I am so glad that I can ask you about how to go about doing it RIGHT!lol
Hope your Sunday is very nice. God bless you and Mary,
love,
carlene

Joann said...

Good to see you, dad!! I'll try the web cams again, for some reason I haven't been able to connect.

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Really enjoyed your video and the beautiful picture of you with your "helpers" -- and your plants look wonderful! I know you had the harder job of supervising ;)

I haven't been able to access your WebCams yesterday or today either -- my Internet connection can be wonky sometimes. Better luck tomorrow, I hope.

May the rest of your Sunday be wonderful and I look forward to checking in with you tomorrow. Love and hugs from Jamaka and fams