Friday, April 24, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN

GOOD MORNING,

Yes, I am smiling extra big this morning. The tomato planting day has arrived!



We will be down at the garden, planting the tomatoes beginning at 1o:00 a.m. So for any of you who would like to watch the work in progress, go to Dad's Live Web Cam #2 which is focused right on the garden area. http://72.155.123.177:81/index.cgi We are hoping that things go good today, you never know what may happen when you plan something like this. So please bear with me. Dad.

.

At least we are going to have some good weather, right now at 3 a.m. the temperature is 57, and listen to this, the high today will be 85. Now that is the kind of weather that I like. The tomatoes show grow fast in weather like that.

.

We can't forget our eagles just because we are working in the tomato garden. Let's go up yo their house and see how they are feeling. If they get very much bigger there is not going to be room for all the family to come home at the same time. Go to Eagle Web Cam and they will be glad to see you. I wish that I could send them a bucket of worms.

.

Dad's Tomato Garden Photo Album

This link above will show you what our tomato garden looked like last year.

.

Here is my thought for today.

" Wherefore , my beloved brethern, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath."

This is taken from the book of James, chapter 1 and verse 19. These words were written several years ago, but they are still good advice that old Dad want to remember.

I do need to stop because I have several things to do before 10 a.m. slips up on me, but I can't leave with out having our Tea and Coffee together, it is ready, so sit a spell and visit with me. I may see you again today. Be content and Smile today.

"An Interesting Fact . . .
At five minutes and six seconds after 4 a.m.
on the 7th of August this year, the time and date will be:
04:05:06 07/08/09
This will never happen again. "

BYE BYE DAD.

white6416r@aol.com

865-850-5763..

© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

8 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like a great morning for planting! How exciting that the day is finally here. May this be your biggest and sweetest tomato crop yet!

Love, Becky

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Dad, you must be so excited to be starting your tomato garden this year. I cannot watch as I have to work. Nice of Jim to come and help. I will check in later tonight and see how the job went. Those eaglets sure are cute! Linda

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad! I know you must be so excited to be getting those lovely plants in the ground. I can taste a delicious tomato sandwich in my mind! I hope you get such pleasure out of this chore, specially with your family around.
Take care Dad!
With love,
Vicki in Birmingham
PS Micah sends his love

Ally Lifewithally said...

Dear Dad it is lovely to see you are ready to plant your Tomato's ~ Hope you and Mary have a great weekend ahead of you ~
Thanks for my "Cuppa" and the pleasure of your Company ~ Ally x

baldy said...

'WAY TO GO DAD, sam

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad, watched all of you off and on while you were planting the tomato patch. Wish you all the luck with them. Now I have to get mine in the ground.
Boyd

jmuhj said...

Wow, Dad! They look great! And when I checked in on WebCam2, a little squirrel was running across the planter in the foreground and sat up to check the camera. How amazing! The eaglets are all banded and pinfeathered and it looks like they'll be fledging soon, doesn't it?

Amazing, that date you posted. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9, that's absolutely never going to happen again. Are you going to set your clocks to be awake to witness it? I'm not quite sure yet. ;)

May the weather continue perfect for your plants! Love and hugs from Jamaka and fams

Carlene Noggle said...

I got to see you watering your tomatoes Dad!!! I am so happy! I have got to get mine planted too. I only have two plants so far. They are BETTER BOYS.
love ya,carlene