Friday, April 17, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED AND ELEVEN.

Good Morning.

Time is so precious-do not waste it.

The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal.
.
http://picasaweb.google.com/jrw5255/DadSRoses2008#slideshow/5205136655870890130
If you need a little something to make you smile this early Friday morning just click on this above, It might be a good idea to have a cup of Tea or a cup of that
Starbucks Coffee in your hands before you start.

That coffee is ready and I am having a cup right now here in this little office all alone. It sure does taste good to me, I hope that you can stop in early this morning, The tea is also ready.

.

Yesterday was the best weather that we have had in a long time. Bright sunshine and warm. I enjoyed being outside a little. Today at 3 A. M. the tempeature is 50 and the sun is going to shine. Things are looking better for my garden cam, and we are expecting to start getting the tomato plants in the ground monday or tuesday.

I wonder how things are going this morning up in that eagles nest in Virginia. Yesterday they were having some high wind and it looked dangerious to me but when I saw them late yesterday they were still hanging in there. Let's click on the Eagle Web Cam and see what is going. Dad.

( It is 6:15 a.m. on Friday and I have been watching the eagles have their breakfast, they look so good this morning.)



Posted on 15 April 2009 by tomatocasual.com

Reader Question: Black Edges on Tomato Leaves?

Tags: , ,
By Vanessa Richins


Reader Lynn S. writes:


“I have tomato plants that are getting black on the tips of their leaves. I have been spraying water on the leaves, right now I have them inside but plan on planting them today in my garden.
Are these black tips from putting too much water on them? Please help, I have never had my plants do this but I have never sprayed them with water either. Thank you for your help.”
Hi. There are at least a few possibilities for why your leaf tips are turning black.
The water on the leaves definitely could be the source of the problem. When leaves stay wet for some time, it’s an opportunity for
Read the rest of this entry »

...
Related Posts

...
Tomato Casual Answers Reader’s Question: What’s Up With My Tomato Juice?
TC Reader Question: Should I not use potting mixes with fertilizer when starting tomato seeds?
Tomato Casual Answers Reader’s Question: Storing Sun-dried Tomatoes in Oil
.
http://www.extension.iastate.edu/Publications/PM1266.pdf

Here above is a helpful link for tomato growers. scroll on down on this link, there is lots of good helpful information about tomato problems there, and keep this for future help. Dad .

Here is my thought for today, and I will tell you who I had in mind when I thought of this, it was old DAD.

" A soft answer turneth away wrath. But grevious words stir up anger."

" The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright. But the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness."

This thought is from Proverbs. Chapter 15, verses 1 & 2.

This is going to be all for a little while, I may be back. I hope that this is one of your good days. Walk carefully, be kind and smile today, and I think that things will turn out alright. Both of my outside Cams are out of service while we are working on the one at the garden. At least one of them will be back soon.

BYE BYE DAD..

white6416r@aol.com...

865-850-5763.

© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

6 comments:

Lynne said...

Good morning! I took a peek at the eagle's cam but it was still dark or off. I'll check later. Hope you have another good weather day! God Bless!

madcobug said...

Good morning Dad, I was watching the eagle nest just now and the female was moving large sticks to the shallow side of the nest probably to keep them from tumpling off. She carried the stick most all around the nest and a forked stick got over one of the eaglets head that was standing. She had to try several times and finally the baby tumpled over so then she moved it on LOL.
Have a nice sunny day, Helen

Hollie said...

Good Morning Dad,
The coffee sure hit the spot. Thanks! Have a good day!

baldy said...

HI DAD,
HAVE YOU EVER TRIED DON FRANCISCO'S COFFEE ? sam

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hello Dad thankyou for my "Cuppa" and all the links you have given us today ~ I hope the Sun shines for you and you have plenty to smile about ~ Ally x ~

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Awww, your cams are still down. But I did see the eaglets! Mama has gone to pick up some Happy Meals, and the kids are being patient until she comes back. ;)

I get spots on plants, too -- and the water is probably part of the problem, all right! We're going on further rationing though, so soon it'll be the opposite problem. ;(

Really enjoyed your Thoughts For The Day, as always! Have a wonderful afternoon/evening and I hope you are able to get all the work done that you've set for yourself to do today.

Yes, the weekend is coming. ;) Love and hugs from Jamaka and fams