Saturday, July 11, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & EIGHTY FOUR.

Good Morning,
.
Time is so precious-do not waste it..


LEARN BIRD SONGS
.
Here above is a link that all you bird watchers will enjoy. You can see your state bird, and see other birds and enjoy their song. I have enjoyed this very much. DAD.
.
It may be a little to late in the tomato growing season for this link below to be of much use . But we can save and remember it for the next season. It has been a lot of help to me in the past and I will be looking at it more. DAD.
.
http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopExt/4DMG/Pests/Diseases/tomaprob.htm
.
.Here is a link below that will take you up to see Laura and Lucy, I am sure that you remember them. They are the ones that can take you on one of those care free hikes. I wish that I could go on one of them but my hiking days are over, when you are 96 you need to stay close to home a place where you can get one of those naps.

But Mary and I are going to do the next best thing this afternoon, we are going to visit the Llama farm. Now you be sure and click on this link below and find out a lot about hiking that I do not know. DAD.
.
http://www.hikinginthesmokies.com/index.html.
.
Here is something interesting that my friend Helen sent to me. It was a little long to get in my regular blog so you can view it here, It brought tears to my eyes and I am sure that it will do the same for you. Dad. The link is right below.
.
Dad's Views and Tomato News .
.
We have not been to Sara's Dog Training in a few days, so we must go there today. Sara we enjoy watching you train your Shelties, and we admire you very much. I wish that I lived close enough come.to see you at work. DAD.
.
I am useing the AOL weather report, I like it better than what I was useing, Here it is for us here in the Tennessee valley.
.

Today for 7/11/09
Sun and clouds mixed. A stray afternoon thunderstorm is possible. High 88F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph

.
This is of course is Saturday morning, I know that the most of you get a chance to sleep late, so I do not say very much about tea or coffee. I just have it ready and you can stop in any time today and help youtself. I will be glad to see you.
.
I am going to stop right here, but I hope to be back early Monday morning if all is well. I hope that you all have a nice, quiet, and peaceful week end. Mary and I always have just about the same plans for our week ends.
.
Oh I forgot to mention my two outside cams and my two tomato garden albums. Links are in the side panel, I hope that you can view them.

.
BYE BYE DAD.
.
white6416r@aol.com.

© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.

6 comments:

Bookncoffee said...

Hello Dad, just stopping by to say HI. Thanks for the links. George and I love to go hiking. We are enjoying our cherry tomatoes this year. We also have some heirlooms but they are not ready yet.

Donna. W said...

My tomatoes are coming on strong now; we had our first BLT's of the season a couple of days ago.

Cindi said...

Good morning Dad,
Enjoy your Saturday
xoxoxo

Helen said...

Hi Dad and Mary. I loved hearing the fountain and the birds. I hope the two of you enjoy your visit to the Llama farm. Helen

Kelly said...

Hey Dad :). You are probably asleep about now, especially if you get up as early as you do. ;) You have so many interesting things to read and see about that I have missed the past couple of days! I love the story about the burnt toast, it helps me to remember not to sweat the small stuff. I see you have a couple of tomatoes just about ready to eat! I know you are excited and can hardly wait to taste them. Thanks for the wonderful video of your fountain and birds, it was very nice to see and hear. I hope y'all enjoyed the visit to the llama farm. I bet it was really nice. Y'all have a nice Sunday meeting tomorrow and I will try to be better and come to visit every day. I need your inspiration in the morning, every morning! :) Love, Kelly

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

That's one of your best videos yet and I love your fountain, the beautiful birdsong, and the CHIMES! It's like a little visit, watching this, so peaceful and serene! What a lovely place you have.

Hope the llamas were glad to see you both and that you had a wonderful visit there. Have a beautiful day tomorrow and I look forward to seeing you on Monday. Love and hugs! from Jamaka and fams