Monday, July 20, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & NINETY ONE.

Good Morning.

Time is so precious-do not waste it.
.
When I first saw this tomato plant above I had planned to just tell you about it Tell you how many tomatoes that I counted on it. But after thinking about it I told Mary that would not do. It would be hard for anyone to beleive that there are 34 tomatoes on the plant. Count them. And this is a record for me, and I wonder about some of you my friends may have beaten me. I wonder about my friend Boyd down in S.C. He usualy beats me. If you have I want to hear from you and I will show your plant on Dads blog.
.
If you will double click on the above picture it will enlarge it, giving you a better view, now count the tomatoes. DAD.
.

.
At first we were a little dissapointed in these plants, we had ordered Brandy Wines and these are not Brandy Wines. We ordered them from a local greenhouse here near our garden. The same thing happened to us last season. If anyone can tell me the variety by looking at the picture I would appreciate it. Next season I expect to order my plants from Burpee .
.

I have not mentioned it yet but I did make some changes in the way that I produce tomatoes this season, and I am well pleased with the results. A little later I will tell you what I done. It is no big secret just as they say " Just good horse sense ". DAD.
.
http://www.barnsdalegardens.co.uk/

.
If I keep looking at links like the one above, you may hear that I am on my way to The United Kingdom for a visit. These Gardens are beautiful. DAD.
.
http://www.bigcatrescue.org/StockPhoto/bigcatphotos.htm
. .
IF YOU LIKE WILD ANIMALS, THIS ABOVE IS INTERESTING

.
Our tea and coffee is ready why not have a cup with me, And while we drink it we could look at those beautiful Shelties that you will find at Sara's Dog Training blog. I hope that Sara is working with them this morning. DAD
..

Here is another record setter, if not in size it is in flavor and beauty. If you will stop in I will let you try one and then you can be the judge. East Tennessee tomatoes are hard to beat. DAD.

Here is the link below to a very interesting blog, from The United Kingdom. By my friend Bob. Thanks Bob we are enjoying our visit to the United Kingdom. I have a lot of friends in your country, some have been with me since I first began writing a blog.

.http://thediaryofanenglishgardener.blogspot.com/

.

We are having a little cooler weather here at Dad's tomato garden. At 4 a.m. the tempeature is 60,and here is what AOL says is going to happen today.

Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. A stray afternoon thunderstorm is possible. High around 80F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

That sounds like a perfect day. Dad.

..

I must bring this to a close, you may find many mistakes in the blog this morning. I have been in a little rush. I have my usual 3 month appointment this morning at 8 a.m. with my doctor and I do need to begin to get ready to go. He wants to patch me up so I can write this blog a few more days.

.

Please use my side panel for the links to my two Cams and anything that I have left out.

. I hope to be back in the morning, keep smiling today if it is at all possible. I will be thinking of you today

.

BYE BYE Dad.

10 comments:

Becky said...

That tomato plant is AMAZING. I think that plant has more tomatoes than leaves. Now me, I planted two tomato plants and so far I have a grand total of TWO tomatoes which don't seem to be ripening. So don't hold back on your secrets, Dad, as you can tell, I need some help out here in California! (Mmmmmm... good coffee.)

Lynne said...

Good morning! I hope you doctor visit goes well and you get out to enjoy the rest of your day. We've been having pleasant weather too in South Maryland. No complaints. Have a great day!

Sara said...

Wow - that is an impressive tomato plant! Certainly that must be some sort of record breaker?

Hope your doctor's appointment goes well.

Have a wonderful day!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I enjoyed hearing about your tomato plant with those 34 tomatoes on it. I imagine as it is early in the season there will be a few more coming on that plant too. That doctor of yours is doing a great job and I trust he will continue to do so too! 'On Ya'-ma

Cindi ;) said...

Good morning dad,
my goodness 34 tomatoes..on one plant, I was lucky to get 3...hope your check up goes well..
take care
xoxoxo

Kelly said...

Good Monday morning Dad :) WOW! That is an amazing number of tomatoes on that plant!!! You should be proud, that is so impressive. I took a peek at Bobs journal and he has some beautiful pictures on there. I see his pic with the two border collies and I like him already. ;) Don't give the doctor any trouble now, we want all good news! :) Love, Kelly

madcobug said...

I hope your doctor visit went well. Those are a lot of tomatoes on one vine. Helen

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

I did a double-take when I saw that plant, Dad. What's your Tennessee magic? ;) If those tomatoes taste as good as they look, I'm thinking you're going to be enjoying them a lot and your doctor won't find a thing to complain about, because tomatoes keep you young and healthy! Right? ;)

Yes, those English gardens are so beautiful -- but then, so is your Tennessee garden, and you save a lot of money on a plane ticket! ;)

Thanks so much for the BigCatRescue link. I've supported and loved them for years and know they are very caring experts when it comes to felines large AND small.

Hope you and Ms. Mary have a wonderful day and that your tomatoes make you SMILE! Love and hugs from Jamaka and fams

Rose said...

just ate a tomato from the garden yesterday not quite ripe but good just he same!

Anonymous said...

My goodness, Dad, that's quite a plant! I notice some of your tomatoes are starting to ripen. You're way ahead of me here in Central Illinois-- I have a bunch of little green tomatoes on my plants right now. Take care,
Vicki in central Illinois