Friday, July 17, 2009

ENTRY # SEVENTEEN HUNDRED & EIGHTY NINE


Good Morning.
.
Here is the link to a very interesting blog, from The United Kingdom. My friend Bob.
.
http://thediaryofanenglishgardener.blogspot.com/

( Sometimes I find that the above comes up a little slow, I think that it in my computer, I hope that it works well with you. Dad.)



We are still having some wet weather, In the video above you can see and hear a little about it. I hope
that today will be sunny.
. Here is what AOL is saying about it.
.
Today
Variable clouds with thunderstorms, especially during the afternoon hours. A few storms may be severe. High 81F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

.
Well that don't look so good. does it. DAD.
.
Why don't we have a good cup of Starbucks or a cup of hot tea right now. They are both ready and I am already trying my cup. Sit down I want to do the pouring this morning. And I want you to talk to me, tell me how you feel and about your plans for today.
.

I am not feeling the very best this morning, but I think that I can make it after my little visit with you, and those smiles that I am getting this morning, keep them coming for smiles and kindness can sometimes mean so much to others. I received some real touching comments yesterday, they touched my heart and I want you to know that I appreciate them and that I do understand. We must try to be content through whatever our Heavenly brings to us, he knows best. Dad.
.
Come on with me and we will go see what Sara is doing this morning. I think that I already know. If you love Shelties as much as I do you will enjoy this blog. I know that we will find Sara right here at Sara's Dog Training taking care of her two beautiful Shelties. DAD.
.

Posted on 15 July 2009 by tomatocasual.com
.

Reader Questions: Tomatoes Shriveling, Yellow Leaves
Tags: , ,
.
By Vanessa Richins

.
Wendy:

.
“The top of my tomato plants are shriveling up, but the new growth seems to be a little healthier. Should I cut the tops off so the bottoms get the nutrients?”

.
Hi Wendy.

How old are your plants? Are they determinate or indeterminate?
I’d want to figure out what is going on with your plant first. Are the leaves turning any color or just shriveling up?
Where is the new growth? Has it been raining a lot? Do you see any signs of insects?
The problem with removing the tops is that this would
Read the rest of this entry »
.
Related Posts

.
Reader Questions: Problems With Yellow Leaves on Tomatoes
Reader Questions: Plants Growing Upward, Watering Tomatoes
Reader Questions: Wilting Buds and Watering Containers

.
These links below are my most important Albums & Cams.
.
..Dad's Tomato Garden Photo Album-2008...

.
Dad's Tomato Garden Photo Album-2009.

.
.DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1 Side view of garden..

.
AD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2 View of lighted bird bath.
.
I do need to get out of your way, I know that you have lots to do today. We are not going to worry today, just take all that comes calmly. And try to smile and be content. I hope that I will be able to see you in the morning.

.
BYE BYE DAD.

8 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

Good morning Dad I enjoyed your video and reading the Englishmans Garden which was very interesting ~ Hope you and Mary are both well ~ Take care of yourselves ~ Ally x

Sara said...

I love Bob's blogs!

I was thinking about my tomatoes last night, and thought, "Why don't I ask Dad?"

So here goes....

Maybe you can give me some preventative tips on my tomatoes, which still have a few more weeks to ripen.

They always start out beautiful, and I have several weeks of a lovely crop. But by the end of August, they start to crack. Do you know what could be the cause, and is there anything I could be doing now (or later) to prevent this?

Thanks! Hope you have a great day!

Sara

Cindi ;) said...

Good Morning dad,
thx for sharing Bob's blg info...I'm going to be a follower..its sticky & hot here in SWFL...I think its too hot to sit in the pool!
take care
xoxoxo

UKBob said...

Hi Dad, I'll have the tea if thats okay, I just popped in to see what you're up to and say thanks for giving me a mention on your blog, I feel honoured somehow. Also while I'm here I will tell you that today I am working in the conservatory and greenhouses tidying up the plants in there as its much to wet to be gardening outside today. Bob.

Sayit-baldys said...

GOOD GOING DAD. sam

Becky said...

Good afternoon, Dad! I didn't get by last night because I was working late. Thanks for your good words again... always appreciated. And thanks for the video. Not only nice to see the garden, but also nice to hear your voice.

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Better late than never, eh? ;) Your garden looks lovely at night and the fountain is very beautiful. All that rain is bound to mean lots of roses, isn't it? The English people get lots of rain and their gardens are beautiful! I hope you and Ms. Mary have a good night and I will check in again tomorrow, I hope! Love to you both from Jamaka and fams

Rose said...

Hi dad, Thanks for the email. I have been away from blogs for awhile and always enjoy checking in with you! I work for an older lady who is 96 she is no longer mobile and feels very bad about that. I try and bring a smile to her face as some day in the not so distant future I will be older too! Have a wonderful day! God bless!