Tuesday, September 29, 2009

ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & FIFTY-THREE

The beautiful picture above was sent to me by Joan. Here is what she said: "Thought you might enjoying seeing some bright red New York State apples on the tree, right before we picked some of them." Thanks Joan! Dad.
.
" Time is so precious-do not waste it ".
.
." Begin the day with God."


GOOD MORNING,

Here is a little chuckle for you today.

.
. And, I just know this will be me someday! DAD.
.
This is dedicated to all of us who are seniors, to all of you who know seniors,and to all of you who will become seniors.It pays to be able to laugh about it when you are!

"WHERE is my SUNDAY paper?!" The irate customer calling the newspaper office, loudly demanded to know where her Sunday edition was."Madam", said the newspaper employee, "today is Saturday. The Sunday paper is not delivered until tomorrow, on SUNDAY".

There was quite a long pause on the other end of the phone, followed by a ray of recognition as she was heard to mutter,"So that's why no one was at church today."

This chuckle was sent to me by Joan.

.Sara's Dog Training is where I always go each morning before I begin writing my blog. I can write and think so much better when I am smiling. I need to thank Sara every morning as I sit here smile and writeing. The shelties Oreo and Misty have been so interesting , It's a pleasure to watch them. You can see the love that they have for Sara. If you want to go to Sara's blog , all that you need to do is click on the link above. Dad.

..Josh Billings wrote this thought below.

."A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself."

This bring back sweet memories of the Two Shelties that belonged to me, Beauty and Scottie. If they were here this morning they would be lying right here at my feet.
.

For the Birds:

Which Seeds Are Best?As the weather turns cooler, it’s time for backyard birders to start cleaning out feeders and stocking up on supplies for winter feeding. Trying to decide which bird foods to buy? Surprisingly, the answer is not clear cut. Maybe the link below will help.

.Learn more. find out what the birds like at this link.

John C. sent this link below, I don't know so well about some of these helpful hints. DAD.

.http://zip.netatlantic.com/t/15556344/35129344/8872/0/

.
AOL must have made an error in their weather report this Tuesday morning, they did not say anything about rain.

.Today..9/29/09.

.
Sunny to partly cloudy. High 67F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.

.I am slow in offering you a cup off Starbucks Coffee this morning. It is ready and I hope that you will stop and see me before we both go out into this cold cruel world, maybe we can both go out with a smile.

.

This link is interesting this morning Tomato Casual I hope that you will check on it Dad.

DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1.
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2 .
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3 .
.
All three of Dad's outdoor cams are working. Try them out. If you are having any trouble viewing them I would appreciate hearing from you. Just email me at white6416r@aol.com I will do my best to help you. DAD.
.
This is going to be all this Tuesday morning. I hope that we all are starting out this morning prepare to face the conflict. Help is there for us if we spent the time to get it. How sad if we don't.
,
I hope to see you again in the morning if my life is spared. Be content,happy and smiling today, after all we do have a lot to be thankful for. Think about it.
,
BYE BYE DAD..
.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved . .
.
Posted by Dad at 4:00 A.M..9/29/09 .


8 comments:

Becky said...

Good morning, Dad! Hope the day treats you well and brings good things your way. My eyes are sleepy but I wanted to wish you good morning before I close up shop here.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD.. No coffee for me this morning, no until after I go to get my annual fasting blood work. And, I am really missing it but I wanted to stop by and at least get a few smiles to start my day.

It is a cool morning here, nice and crisp like those apples. Your great granddaughter Mandy might like to know that those apples were grown on an organic farm and instead of pesticides the grower uses an eatable clay to keep little critters away.

I bet Beauty and Scottie loved you unconditionally and also helped to keep you warm on cool days and cold nights by cuddling up with you.

Off to the lab now so I can back for some bold Sumatra coffee.

Enjoy your day. ,,,Sara's Mom

Hollie said...

Good Morning Dad,
Those apples look delicious! It's finally cooling down here. It's 43 degrees this morning & I love it!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm fighting off the dreariness of a lot of rain here and chilly weather too. I was reminded that the Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) that I suffer from could also mean Smile-All-Day so that is what I'm going to do. Hope your have lots of SMILES and sunshine there today! 'On Ya'-ma

madcobug said...

Good morning Dad, those apples look delicious. Loved the senior joke. It's cooler here this morning and will be cooler for a few days then some more warm weather is on the way according to the long range forecast. I know you would still love to have your beloved dogs. There are several I would like to still have around. You and Mary enjoy your day. Love to both of you, Helen

Anonymous said...

Twenty of those delicious apples went to school today with my Grandbaby. Great-aunt Joan took her apple-picking. Her wee friends are in for a juicy treat. They will be smiling from ear to ear. sara's aunt

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Doesn't that picture make you wish you were in NY? Well, maybe not; but those do look like good apples, don't they? Saw a program about apples in the area where I used to live on PBS not long ago -- there are so many varieties! I have a little Fuji tree in the back yard. The birds took the first little apples this year!

Hope your afternoon and evening are relaxing and peaceful. Love to you both from Jamaka and fams

Anonymous said...

Did I send you those "so call helpful tips"? If I did, I wonder where my mind was.LOL You might want to disregard them all. Really do think one would be safer in doing so.HAHA You & Mary have a good day tomorrow. Love you both,sorry I couldn't be there. Needed to come on back. A brother in Christ:Jay