Thursday, September 24, 2009

ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & FORTY-NINE

Good Morning Everyone,

" Time is so precious-do not waste it ".

"Begin the day with God."


" I am listening Lord for Thee, what hast Thou to say to me."


Which do you prefer? Tea or Coffee? Just help yourself. Ally here is your tea. I am sorry that I will not be here to pour for you this morning. Dad.

Join me for a cup of fresh hot coffee. Tea Time


Below is another little poem that "Guess Who?" wrote.

God is in the Smallest Things
...
I see God in the smallest things,
The bee upon the flower,
This is a quiet way He shows
His mighty power.
For while we humans swat and swing,
To drive the bee away,
The little flower welcomes it,
And bids it stay.
.
By Mary L white,
.
Now about the WEATHER here in East Tennessee.
.
Today..9/24/09
A few showers in the morning with scattered thunderstorms arriving in the afternoon. Humid. High 83F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 50%.
.
Here's a little joke that might make you chuckle:

Did you hear about the woman who was a true optimist? She had only three strands of hair on her head. She said, oh, well, I can at least plait my hair. Then as time went on, she just had two hairs on her head So she said, Well, now I can just part my hair. Finally the last two hairs on her head fell out. She said, "Well, that's OK, now I won't have to comb my hair any more!"
.
Now after that don't you think that I need to be in some meetings? Dad.
.
Sara Will you please do something for me this morning ? Tell Misty and Oreo that I will not be able to see them this morning as I will be away from home. But I am telling everyone to please click on this link Sara's Dog Training and it will take them to Sara's blog. DAD.
.
This is all that I have time for today, I will miss all of you today.
.
BYE BYE DAD..
.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reservedPosted by Dad at 4:00 A.M..9/214/09

8 comments:

Lynne said...

You will be missed this morning! Love the poem, and hope you have a blessed day!

Hollie said...

Good Monring Dad,
I miss chatting with you over my coffee this morning. I hope everything goes well at the convention meetings.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That was a lovely poem by Mary. It is good to take notice of all those simple blessings we have in each day. I hope you are enjoying your meetings.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Dad...

Mary's poem filled my eyes with tears. How lovely it is! And your joke made me chuckle and SMILE.

Enjoy your meetings. I think you will come back from the convention with more jokes and more advice for all of us.

As for me, today I will try harder to see the beauty in simple things and to be more positive about things I cannot change. ...Sara's Mom

Mandy said...

I hope the meetings are very good. Love you and Aunt Mary!

Anonymous said...

Mary's poem is as lovely and sweet as Tennessee honey. It brought tears to my eyes, too Sara's aunt

Anonymous said...

Hello Again DAD... I just had to let you know that I sent your chuckle to a few friends and one of them wrote back. I thought you'd like to know that even your chuckles are helping others. ...Sara's Mom

The chuckle really hit home considering that I have medical alopecia and have had a hard time accepting my hair loss. Tony has been trying to get me to think like the woman in Ray's little chuckle. I am not totally there but I am getting there. The chuckle put a smile on my face. ...My friend Venette

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

I hope your meetings are going well, and am amazed you still have time to post your blog every day during them! ;)

Just think of how much money that lady will save on shampoo and conditioner! ;)

Oh, Ms. Mary, that IS a beautiful poem. I love bees, don't you? I'm always glad to see them here. If we didn't have bees we would have no food to eat! Hopefully people reading this will appreciate their bees more now.

Love from Jamaka and fams