Saturday, September 5, 2009

ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & THIRTY THREE.

Good Morning.

.9/06/09
Just my usual Sunday morning HELLO to let you know that all is well, and hope that you can say the same, No blog today but If all is well I hope to see you on Monday morning. DAD.
.
" Time is so precious-do not waste it.''




I am a good example of this thought for today. When I first started this blog over 6 years ago and saw a few bloggers with Cams, (I think that Deb was one) I told Mary that is what I want and then I will be satisfied. Well I got one and it was not long until I wanted another one and I told her that's all I want, But this coming week Michael and Pamela are going to be installing my third cam. So you see what I mean. Right this moment I am saying that this will be the last one but you never know. DAD.
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2
.
." A smile is like a little wedge. That often keeps us from the edge. Of getting sad, or feeling blue..... I love to see a smile, don't you ?"..

.
."Begin the Day with God
.
My Daughter Mary writes poetry, and she gave me permission to show you this one today She composed this soon after her mother passed away. She is still writing and I am trying to get her to give me at least one each week for this blog. I hope that she says yes. Dad.
.
Snowflakes and Dear Ones
.
Gentle snowflakes fall upon me,
Melting fast upon my face,
There’s no way that I can keep them,
If in my heart they have no place.

Very fragile, very special,
Are these snowflakes from the sky
They remind me of my dear ones,
As they gracefully flutter by.

Scarcely do I see their beauty,
Barely do their rare imprints
Fix themselves upon my fingers,
Till I’m wondering where they went.

In this world so temporary,
Filled with ephemeral things,
Surely everything is fleeting,
Flying ‘way on speeding wings.

Like the snowflakes that are melting,
When they touch my skin so warm,
Yes, myself, my friends, my family,
We’re on that solemn journey home.

Snowflakes can’t be kept in bottles,
You can’t grasp them as they fly,
You just have to dearly love them,
As they slowly flutter by.

We cannot keep what can’t be held,
And just as snowflakes disappear,
Often on life’s lonely landscape
We’re deprived of what is dear.

Yet no one really leaves us,
Though we’re far, so far apart,
As long as we believe in snowflakes,
And keep them always in our hearts.

.
By Mary L. White
©
2009
.
I am wondering if Sara, Oreo and Misty are working on this long weekend holiday. I would like to see them this morning, but I also would like for them to just relax, they need it. Maybe we could slip by for a short visit, we won't disturb them. Here is the way to Sara's blog.
Sara's Dog Training click on this and you will be there. DAD.
.
Here is what AOL is saying about the weather in the Tennessee Valley.
.

Today.. 9/05/09
Partly cloudy. A stray afternoon thunderstorm is possible. High 87F. Winds light and variable

.
I am late again in serving my tea and coffee, but better late than never. Sit down drink and enjoy and also smile. Dad.
.
I am going to stop for a little while. I will not be writing a blog on Sunday but I do hope to be back on Monday even though it is a holiday. I hope that your long weekend will be a safe one.
.
Mary and I always have about the same schedule. Sunday Morning meeting and I think that this Sunday she is going to take me out for lunch.
.
We are sending love and good wishes to every one of you where ever you live in this world. Thanks again for all that you have done for me. Smile and be kind until I see you again.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
.
2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved
.
.Posted by Dad at 4:00 A.M.

8 comments:

Lynne said...

Good morning! I hope you have a wonderful day! Enjoy lunch with Mary and services tomorrow! God Bless!

Becky said...

You shouldn't feel bad about wanting those cameras, Dad... they help you share your peaceful home and garden with us, and your thought for the day!

peggy said...

We all enjoy the cameras, I was so glad to see you this morning, so many of my blogger friends are taking the weekend off. Wishing you and everyone a happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

Time for a Starbuck's coffee break and time to listen to your quote of the day. I don't know which I enjoyed more today...your quote or Mary's poem. I am trying to downsize a bit and I know I am more contented because of it. My mother died 16 years ago on your birthday. Mary poem written after her mother's death is exactly as I feel but couldn't put into words...
Yet no one really leaves us
Though we’re far, so far apart,
As long as we believe in snowflakes,
And keep them always in our hearts.

,,,Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

I LIKE THE SNOWFLAKES POEM. sam

Goatfarmer said...

I enjoyed the thought for the day. I just got high speed internet instead of my slow dial up and could watch it.
Terrie

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

I do love your Thought For The Day today, Dad, and your beautiful poem, Ms. Mary. They mean so much to me, and they are so true. We need to live each day taking those to heart, don't we?

Sorry to be checking in so late, but hoping your long weekend is a good one. May your meeting tomorrow be profitable and may your lunch be wonderful! And may you both enjoy a relaxing Labor Day. ;) Love from Jamaka and fams

Linda said...

Hi Dad, I am sorry I didn't get by sooner but we were out of town and I wanted to make sure to tell you Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had a great pme! Linda