Thursday, October 22, 2009

ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & SEVENTY-THREE

Good Morning.
.
.."Begin the day with God."

.." Time is so precious-do not waste it ."
.
I hope that all is going good at your house this Thursday morning. I am out of my bed at least, and that is pretty good start. Now if we can get that Starbucks Coffee to perking I think that things will look better. It always does after we sit here enjoying our tea or coffee and visiting with one another. I hope that one of you will offer to serve us this morning, DAD.
.
Have a little fun before you get tied up in the struggles of the day, this is a lot of fun. I was thinking of children when I first saw it but I soon found out that this old man likes it.

.
Be sure to click the link below.

Give it a try.
Carve A Pumpkin.
.
May you have Enough happiness to make you sweet, Enough trials to make you strong, Enough sorrow to keep you human, And enough hope to make you happy.
.
Why don't we see what Jim is up too today, here he is now. Tennessee Granddaddy DAD.
.
'
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1 (Lighted at night.)
.
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2 (Lighted at night.)
.
'
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3 ( Roving cam.)
.

Let these three Cams keep you in touch with Dad. Improvements are being made on these Cams.
.
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
.
The view in the Smokies has been beautiful the last few sunny days. why don't we go up there and rest awhile.
.
Sara we would like to come by your house sometime today and visit with Misty and Oreo and of course you. I know that you have been very busy the last few days. I hope that things went well with your Dad. We won't stay long, just a peep at those Shelties will help us to start the day with a Big smile. And I know the way to get there Sara's Dog Training will take us right to your door. DAD.
.
http://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/tn/knoxville/id/37920 .
.

I am making a change in the way I give you the weather report from AOL. This link above will give you a better idea of what is going on here. Just click on the link above and thank AOL. And you can also get your own local weather wherever you are by typing in your zip code or city Try it out. DAD
.
.If you will look over in the side panel to your right just above the clock you will see Dad's Rose Garden Album. This was made this year. You will see Princess on this if you watch a little while. DAD.
.
It looks like that I have run out of anything to say, aren't you glad. another cup of Starbucks might help me right now. I want to Thank all of you who have been reading this blog every day. And if you don't have time to send a comment don't worry about that I do understand, we are all living in a rushing world.. I wish that we all could slow down and" smell the roses."
.
I do plan on seeing you again Friday morning, We are all going to try to be good today, Smile a lot so others will know that we are happy, and treat all that we meet with kindness. I promise you that it will pay off if we will do that. DAD.
.
Eat more possum.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved
.

6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good Morning ! The weather has been pleasant here and it makes going off to work much easier early in the morning. It is so dark though on my ride to work. Hope your day is a great one there!

Hollie said...

Good Morning Dad,
Thanks for having the coffee ready! It sure smells good! I enjoyed playing with the pumpkin carving ....made me feel like a kid again! Thanks =0)

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...I sure could use a cup of coffee this morning to get me going a bit faster. Spent yesterday at the hospital with Len and hospitals and stress are exhausting. Len came out of his surgery well and hopefully today they will have him out of bed. He has always wanted a Titanium bicycle but they are way too pricey. He asked the doctor if his hip would be made of titanium because then he could say a part of the bicycle was titanium. Too bad it is chromo..something. When one of the residents came in to mark Len's hip with some intials Len asked what his initials were. The resident said RMN and Len immediately says..Richard M. Nixon...I hope your more trustworthy. Of course the resident got a laugh out of that one. So there were some smiles yesterday. Three of my friends came to sit with me and they too brought me smiles. They are everywhere and very contagious if one just looks and listens.

Love the pumpkin carving and asked Sara to send that on to Theo and Miles. Also enjoyed Jim reprinting the clever road signs to heaven. Now I better getting ready to follow the road signs to the hospital to spend the day with Len.

Need to mention that the photo of Scottie and the dog poem yesterday made me SMILE after the long day at the hospital. What a beautiful and loving sheltie you had.

Hope you have a very good day. ...Sara's Mom

adamaurine said...

Ray, I don't always leave a comment but I read your's and Jim's blog every single day. You two have such wonderful thoughts to go with me through the day. I have had a lot of heartache lately but your smiles help a lot. Love, your cousin, Maurine.

salemslot9 said...

eat more possum
lol
we put out cat food for
a neighborhood kitty
we call Chowderhead
sometimes, a possum
eats it instead

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

The sunset is looking beautiful on the SmokyCam! Just think, in a few days we will be setting our clocks back (Nov. 1st) for Standard Time, and it will be getting dark earlier.

I'm enjoying my coffee, thank you! It brings a SMILE to me, as does your Rose Garden gallery. I never leave without paying respects to sweet beauty Princess, the prettiest rose in the garden. ((((((((^^))))))))

Love to you both from Jamaka and fams