Wednesday, October 21, 2009

ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & SEVENTY TWO

This is Scottie the SHELTIE that called Dad's home, his home for 12 years, He was the last Sheltie that I owned. I will never forget him. The things that Edgar said in his poem below were so true with Scottie. He was always by my side. He loved to play with his tennis ball and I have the ball here on my desk . His grave is near the base of the flag pole. next too Princess's grave. You may view the sight on Dad's Cam # 1, Sweet Memories. DAD.


Good Morning.
.
.."Begin the day with God."
.
." Time is so precious-do not waste it ."
.
When you were born, you were crying And everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, You're the one who is smiling
And everyone around you is crying.

.
If you will look too your right in my side panel you will see Dad's Tomato Garden Album. Those pictures make me smile. Dad.
.
I did see my doctor yesterday morning, he gave me a real good going over from head to foot and he found every thing in good shape, my blood pressure was 110/80 which he said was real good for me. But he did see a little meanness in me that he said he could not cure, it has been there too long, 96 years. He said that he did not want to see me until 3 months from now. I like my doctor very much I have had him for many years. DAD.
.

A Boy and His Dog.
.
By Edgar Guest

A boy and his dog make a glorious pair:No better friendship is found anywhere,For they talk and they walk and they run and they play,And they have their deep secrets for many a day;And that boy has a comrade who thinks and who feels,Who walks down the road with a dog at his heels.
.
He may go where he will and his dog will be there,May revel in mud and his dog will not care;Faithful he'll stay for the slightest command And bark with delight at the touch of his hand;Oh, he owns a treasure which nobody steals,Who walks down the road with a dog at his heels.
.
No other can lure him away from his side;He's proof against riches and station and pride;Fine dress does not charm him, and flattery's breath Is lost on the dog, for he's faithful to death;He sees the great soul which the body conceals--Oh, it's great to be young with a dog at your heels! .
.
.
I enjoy so much reading any poem that is by Edgar Guest. The one above is one of my favorites. It tells how loyal a dog is to his master, and the ones of us that have owned dogs know that this is so true. I know that Sara would say that it is. I did think of Misty and Oreo when I was reading this. We need to look at them again this morning. Meet me there and smile with me, Sara's Dog Training DAD.
.
The best kind of friends, are the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, Never say a word,
And then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had. .
.
I
I smell that Starbucks Coffee and I must have a cup right now, how about you ?
Sit right here in this rocker and I will serve you. DAD
. .
.I have been thinking a lot about tomatoes, I know that it is a little early, but I like to plan early, Here below is something that someone said, I do not know who it was, it is good.
.
" More than any other fruit or vegetable, the tomato has changed the face of modern cuisine. Whether you toss chopped tomatoes into a beef stew, slide a few slices into a BLT, or layer them with their soul mate, basil, tomatoes have become ubiquitous."
.
.
.
.Nothing beats a beautiful view of the Smokies, notice that the leaves are changing. I noticed there was snow up there a few day ago..Dad.
.
Now here is the kind of a weather report that I like to give you thanks to AOL
.
Today,,10/21/09

.
Plenty of sunshine. High 73F. Winds light and variable.
.
'
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1 (Lighted at night.)
.

.
Jim went fishing yesterday, we should look and see if he tells us anything about it, just click on Tennessee Granddaddy and you will be at his house DAD.
.
This is going to be all for today. I plan to come back in the morning if all goes well. We are all going to be kind to everyone today and be the first to smile when we meet someone, you might get a smile back.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Since you gave us a SMILE today I will give you one right back. I love Edgar Guests poems too. They are down to earth and fit into our everyday life. I hope your Wednesday brings you many more SMILES and maybe a little sunshine too! 'On Ya'-ma

madcobug said...

Good morning Dad, I see why you are sort of partial to Misty. Scottie looked a lot like her. That was a great poem. It's still sorta dark now but I am going to try to remember the Smoky web cam so I can see some pretty leaves. Glad that you got a good doc's report yesterday. Enjoy your sunshiny day along with Mary. Helen

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

So glad your checkup was a good one -- that is terrific blood pressure! Must be the tomatoes and coffee, don't you think? And as far as the "little meanness" goes, it's like seasoning in the soup, yes? ;) (If you're mean, I'm the queen of Sweden. NOT!!!)

The weather sounds perfect and the SmokyCam is gorgeous. Wishing you and Ms. Mary a wonderful afternoon and evening. I'm SMILING now! Love, Jamaka and fams

Sara said...

What a wonderful poem, especially for us "dog people". Scottie sounds like a great dog. Of course, I haven't ever heard of a sheltie who wasn't extraordinary. I love how you kept his ball! How sweet. I have a memory box, filled with things that remind me of my first sheltie, Munchkin. I even have his baby teeth and some of his fur in there.